Frenzy

My understanding is that some skills (like Frenzy and Flicker Strike) get a bonus to their attack speed specifically for each Frenzy Charge you've got (either the 5% or the 13%, depending on which tooltip is wrong), in addition to the global attack speed boost you get from each Frenzy Charge (the 8% you see on the character sheet).
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
My understanding is that some skills (like Frenzy and Flicker Strike) get a bonus to their attack speed specifically for each Frenzy Charge you've got (either the 5% or the 13%, depending on which tooltip is wrong), in addition to the global attack speed boost you get from each Frenzy Charge (the 8% you see on the character sheet).

Yeah the difference on a skill to skill basis makes sense when you put it like that I guess but the 5/13 is still confusing.
+5% is the base then +8% per charge = 13% with one charge, no?
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
How exactly does this skill work when dual wielding?

Will it use both weapons, or only mainhand?
"
Psyklone wrote:
How exactly does this skill work when dual wielding?

Will it use both weapons, or only mainhand?
Just like the default attack (and most other attacks), it will alternate which weapon it uses each hit.
I want to test this out but I had a question if someone can answer. After you stack your Frenzy, can you then switch to say Split Arrow and still receive the attack speed bonus for the duration of Frenzy?
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
Rippster wrote:
I want to test this out but I had a question if someone can answer. After you stack your Frenzy, can you then switch to say Split Arrow and still receive the attack speed bonus for the duration of Frenzy?

The attack speed that you get naturally from Frenzy Charges will apply to Split Arrow, but that 'extra speed' on top of that for having frenzy charges is only for the Frenzy Skill.
Balance & Design
Is there a hidden damage bonus for frenzy? My character screen shows frenzy (unsupported) doing more damage per hit than a standard attack
"
Rory wrote:
"
Rippster wrote:

The attack speed that you get naturally from Frenzy Charges will apply to Split Arrow, but that 'extra speed' on top of that for having frenzy charges is only for the Frenzy Skill.

Hrm, so you mean the passive tree bonus isn't appied I take it?
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
Rory wrote:
Unavailable

The stat on this gem that says "5% increased attack speed per Frenzy charge" is only for the Frenzy skill. Frenzy Charges will still do all the things they otherwise do for any attack.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 20, 2011, 9:09:43 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info