Frenzy

"
dainbramage wrote:
Is there a hidden damage bonus for frenzy? My character screen shows frenzy (unsupported) doing more damage per hit than a standard attack
more damage or more DPS? You also need to compare both attacks when you have the same number of frenzy charges (zero would be best).
If you do so, what is the actual VALUE difference of the listed damages? Saying it's different s one thing, but you should specify by how much.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
dainbramage wrote:
Is there a hidden damage bonus for frenzy? My character screen shows frenzy (unsupported) doing more damage per hit than a standard attack
more damage or more DPS? You also need to compare both attacks when you have the same number of frenzy charges (zero would be best).
If you do so, what is the actual VALUE difference of the listed damages? Saying it's different s one thing, but you should specify by how much.

Damage per hit, as I specified in my first post... attacks per second is the same with no charges, as you'd expect.

But since you asked for numbers.

Ranger - no charges
frenzy: 272-798
standard: 247-725

8 charges
frenzy: 586-1703
standard: 374-1091

this is physical damage per hit. I left out the elemental since it's the same for frenzy and standard attack.

For the sake of it, I'll also do my duellist:

no charges
frenzy: 254-471
standard: 231-328

6 charges
frenzy: 436-808
standard: 314-581

So the difference is present but small with no charges, and gets bigger with added charges. Note that my ranger's frenzy is 20% quality and my duellist's is 0%, and both see the effect.
Last edited by dainbramage on Dec 20, 2011, 10:15:43 PM
is it possible its counting the passives once on the skill before any charges?
There is something weird there.
My templar uses frenzy (lol yes really) with no frenzy passives, and under the "charges" tab, with frenzy selected, it shows an extra 6% physical damage per frenzy charge, but that doesn't show up when other skills are selected.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
I think that tab shows everything to do with charges on a skill, not just what the charges themselves do. For example frenzy will also show higher attack speed/frenzy charge, as will flicker strike.

At any rate, a level 17 frenzy has +15% damage/charge, and level 13 has +12% damage/charge above what the charges themselves give (+12%). So it looks like it has some sort of small boost, plus an increase per frenzy charge which scales with the gem's level.

All of which seems to make frenzy even more amazing. Not including the charges themselves, it seems like my ranger's frenzy is giving ~130% increased damage and 136% increased attack speed.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Well, the damage bonus doesn't seem to be hidden any more.
I am ALWAYS missing when I use this skill in melee on a target that is fleeing. Even [seemingly] at point blank range (as opposed to the minimum range to effectuate a melee attak).

This is even when I'm attacking at a rate of 2 attacks per second, and can make 2 attacks on the target while standing still (without having to chase up to them again.

What's particularly strange is that it makes the sound as if it hits, but it never deals any damage, nor stuns the monster.

If it means anything, I was getting this phenomenon with a 2 handed hammer, but I don't think it matters.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jan 9, 2012, 7:32:42 PM
I like this skill but the passive points in increasing its length need to affect it more I have picked almost all Frenzy passives and it increases the buff to 14 seconds.. I would rather have it to 20+ loosing 7 stacks due to me not being able to hit a mob for what ever reason is just annoying. Another change I would love to see is : if frenzy skill pierces and hits multiple targets you get multiple charges.
Last edited by dadish on Jan 15, 2012, 3:18:31 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
I am ALWAYS missing when I use this skill in melee on a target that is fleeing. Even [seemingly] at point blank range (as opposed to the minimum range to effectuate a melee attak).

This is even when I'm attacking at a rate of 2 attacks per second, and can make 2 attacks on the target while standing still (without having to chase up to them again.

What's particularly strange is that it makes the sound as if it hits, but it never deals any damage, nor stuns the monster.

If it means anything, I was getting this phenomenon with a 2 handed hammer, but I don't think it matters.
Frenzy wasn't getting the extra bonus melee range applied to hit fleeing monsters. Fixed for 0.9.6

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info