Frenzy

Low duration on this skill is extremely annoying to constantly manage.
I think it's very expensive. My lvl 22 Ranger has 139 mana, frenzy costs 15 mana per use. I had planed a frenzy build, with focus on frenzy charges and the frenzy skill.
Since I only found one mod with mana leech (and only 1%) I can't see how I can create a build around frenzy (skill) and frenzy charges.
Why does the skill cost so much more mana than str/red skills? I have a char with supported str skills(!) that are cheaper than an unsopported lvl 1 frenzy. And there aren't any useful mana reg/leech passives anywhere near the ranger start area in the passive skill grid.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
One observation after playing the open beta weekend:

The green frenzy charge orbs that circle the player/enemy are a little out of place. Before I had unlocked frenzy I thought it was some kind of poisonous shield that enemies had. Most people have have a connotation that green orbs relate to being poisonous or dangerous,it seems unnatural for a ''frenzy charge'' to be a green blob that floats around the player. Furthermore, while there is a counter for frenzy charges in the top left of the screen, most of the time when in combat, you don't have too much time to take your eyes of your character to see how many charges and duration you have left, and because the green blobs keep circling you it's hard to count just how many charges you have.

Rather than floating green blobs that circle the player, I would rather have smaller stationary yellowish/gold cubes to indicate a frenzy charge. One frenzy charge in each corner relative to the player, added clockwise. If the player has a maximum obtainable number of three charges, the shape would be a triangle, with four charges a square, five charges a pentagon, six charges hexagon. This makes it easier for the player to count the number of charges since

a) they don't spin around the player
b) they are in a fixed shape
c) they are added clockwise

You could apply a rotational spinning effect (they rotate within a fixed position, not to be confused with spinning around the character) to the cubes and slow them down to indicate that the buff duration is running out, so the player can easily gain information on the buff duration without having to look at the top left of the screen. Alternatively, you could have them shrink as the buff duration runs out. Another idea would be to make the cubes glow a little to indicate that you have gained your maximum number of charges.
I like the spiny green orbs.

I see how much charges I have and how much time it is to end by one glance of the eye in the corner. After a while I know when it will end without even watching the timer.

Besdies - I really like this skill. To the most of the skills I have some coments but not here. I like how it can be a dmg skill alone or how it can support other skills. I like its animation [both atack and the orbs].
frenzy is great in conjunction with other skills , charge up frenzy then turn to heavy strike. Would like to see a increase duration and or suggested early in this post 1 charge droping off every 10 seconds and / or successful attack refreshing its duration.
I am currently using Frenzy in combination with Greater Multiple Projectiles, and I was wondering why I don't get two Frenzy Charges, when 2 of my 5 projectiles hit an enemy. No matter how many I hit, I always get only one.
Power Siphon works in that regard, I fire 5 projectiles, they kill 3 enemies, I get 3 charges, but with Frenzy it doesn't work.

Bug or Feature?
Feature. The charge attacks are designed to only be able to grant a single charge per use, no matter how many targets are hit or killed.
TehHammer is not a crime!
What bonus quality applays on this skill? I have +2% gem and it seems exact as normal gem (without quality).
"
grabi wrote:
What bonus quality applays on this skill? I have +2% gem and it seems exact as normal gem (without quality).

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Frenzy#Gem_Quality
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info