Frenzy

how do u get more charges ??? i only have 2 on mine...
"
VasMasta wrote:
how do u get more charges ??? i only have 2 on mine...
Passives.

I think this person's question raises a good concern though. It's not particularly obvious what charges are, or how they're used if you're just looking at a single skill. There needs to be a better way of introducing them to the player.
"
Strill wrote:

I think this person's question raises a good concern though. It's not particularly obvious what charges are, or how they're used if you're just looking at a single skill. There needs to be a better way of introducing them to the player.

I thought the same thing at first and figured that maybe the charges would increase as the level of the gem did. All he had to do was use the skill to see what it does and then look at the passive tree to realize that you need to reach certain passive clusters to increase the amount of charges available.

While I do think it's a bit silly for the skill description to not include something resembling the following: 'additional Frenzy/Endurance charges may be gained through passive skill points', the bigger problem with the current setup is that trying to find things in the passive tree is very difficult unless you already know where a lot of the specific skills are located.
I have so many questions about this skill and its effects after testing some things out. As damage standard, I use Cleave.

When I charged Blood Rage with Frenzy charges by killing things, my DPS topped out at 7600.
When I charged Blood Rage again after unequipping one gem, the other gem, unequipping both even, it showed my DPS topped out at 7600.
When I charged manually with a level 17 no quality Frenzy gem (10/10/10), my DPS topped out at 7600.
When I unequipped the level 17 gem and charged Frenzy with the level 10 quality 13 gem (10/8/13), my DPS topped out at 7600.

How do Blood Rage-gained Frenzy orbs work?
Do they gain bonuses from Frenzy gems you have equipped?
How is it that my DPS is exactly the same with the two different manually charged Frenzy orbs AND with Blood Rage orbs with either gem unequipped?

Would manually refreshing Blood Rage Frenzy orbs with Frenzy give me the bonus under your intended game design? It does not do this right now.

Is this either a terrible bug or is there something I'm missing? Because this has left me so confused.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
Last edited by Karakkonor on Feb 6, 2012, 7:00:10 AM
Karakkonor - Frenzy the skill, and Frenzy Charges are two separate things.

Frenzy Skill (gem) - Adds one Frenzy Charge each use (on hit). Benefits from any Frenzy Charges you build up, increasing the damage and attack speed of Frenzy Skill by x% per charge.

Blood Rage (gem) - Buff that adds one Frenzy Charge each time you kill a monster with it active. Gaining a charge will reset the duration of Blood Rage buff.

Frenzy Charges - Each charge increases your casting and attack speed for all actions by 5% (max 2 with no passives). Investing passive points into the various Frenzy Charge clusters spread throughout the Dex tree can add extra bonuses for each Frenzy Charge that will apply to all your actions (12% damage, 4% movement speed, 4% evasion, 6% attack speed).

So with 0 passive points invested in Frenzy Charges say you build up 2 charges from using the Frenzy Skill. Your Frenzy Skill will now get its local bonus of x% damage and attack speed (depends on quality and level of the gem) in addition to the global bonuses of 5% attack speed per charge. Your cleave skill would also get the global bonus of 5% attack speed increase per Frenzy Charge.

Hope that clears it up for you!
I realized as much. Seems extremely lame since Frenzy is such a terrible damage skill.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
dont like them as much any more i dont get that much damage from useing them!
"
Nyler wrote:
dont like them as much any more i dont get that much damage from useing them!
What exactly does that have to do with the Frenzy skill? Nothing was changed regarding the skill or how frenzy charges work. So.. if you're not getting as much damage, it means you've changed your build or gear or both.
"
dadish wrote:
I like this skill but the passive points in increasing its length need to affect it more I have picked almost all Frenzy passives and it increases the buff to 14 seconds.. I would rather have it to 20+ loosing 7 stacks due to me not being able to hit a mob for what ever reason is just annoying. Another change I would love to see is : if frenzy skill pierces and hits multiple targets you get multiple charges.

Yea I was a little disappointed that Pierce didn't affect Franzy, but it does affect others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info