Frenzy

I been trying to use Frenzy with Blood Magic gem, and it is way too expensive. Base cost of Frenzy is too much. For a main skill it is much weaker then Double Attack which costs peanuts compared to Frenzy. It is kind of stupid to give this skill a high mana cost when its power depends on taking Max Frenzy passives while other active skills that need no special passives cost less. It should be the other way around, needing to take extra passives to make this skill good should be cost enough.
Not to mention it is not a AoE skill, it should not cost more then AoE skills.

Last edited by Torin on Aug 7, 2012, 11:03:39 AM
Tried Frenzy a while as my main skill. Put it away after a couple of levels.

In the end i can state that in my opinion frenzy has two problems:

As a main skill the mana cost is too high.As a secondary skill for supporting a main skill the duration ist way too short, especially in higher levels.
I think a simple fix to Frenzy would be to lower its mana cost in one of three ways:
1- Lower mana cost by x% if you are already at max frenzy charges.
2- Lower mana cost by x% per frenzy charge (something like 10-15%, so someone fully specced would have 60-90% reduction).
3- Lower mana cost depending on attacks per second. Cannot grant more than one frenzy charge per second. This way, it costs a fixed amount to apply Frenzy damage for one second, making it easier to balance between slow/fast base weapons. Might require to force the character to attack for one second, a bit like Zeal in D2.

The problem with frenzy is that its main selling point is attack speed, which in turns burns through mana ridiculously fast. You cannot, however, lower its base mana cost too much because of the buff to other skills.
Last edited by Pwere on Aug 9, 2012, 1:38:01 PM
Im playing bow maruder and ranger and im using it as my regular strike and for taking groups of mobs (paired with multi projectile gem). For bow maruder i paired frenzy gems with added life per hit (my maruder have blood magic keystone so skills cost him life). For my ranger im using clarity aura. Now i only have small problems with my ranger cause i upgraded clarity too high and have too low mana pool.
I was really excited to test this out the other day but it wasn't what I thought it would be, it should be support gem which can benefit another spell.

For example fire arrow + frenzy effect, would be much better then having to get the frenzy charges then switching to fire arrow and having to keep topping up frenzy. Its a good skill, but seems like a lot of hassle having to use it by itself just to get the charges then using another skill.
I use Frenzy with Death's Harp, a unique bow that shoots two arrows instead one, (sorry I don't know how to link objects on this page).. but I can't understand if I gain 2 charges in one shot when I hit 2 monsters at the same time..
"
Boda19 wrote:
I use Frenzy with Death's Harp, a unique bow that shoots two arrows instead one, (sorry I don't know how to link objects on this page).. but I can't understand if I gain 2 charges in one shot when I hit 2 monsters at the same time..
one charge per skill use, not per hit. you gain a charge if you hit with the skill but not per hit.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Boda19 wrote:
one charge per skill use, not per hit. you gain a charge if you hit with the skill but not per hit.

Oh...sob, better in my way don't you think?
thanks guy!:)
should make a percentage to proc on normal attacks
Big red hairy chookalooka.
Do the Buff Duration passive in the middle of the passive tree increase the duration of the charges along side the frenzy charge duration passives?
IGN~~VellyBelly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info