Frenzy

"
Veshkiidryn wrote:
Do the Buff Duration passive in the middle of the passive tree increase the duration of the charges along side the frenzy charge duration passives?
no, charges are not "buffs".
Does this skill's mana cost increase per level? I haven't seen a lvled Frenzy gem here yet, and I need to know as it will be my main attack for my PB/IR Frenzy Ranger.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Wiki

From personal experience, seems about right.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Played frenzy ranger to lv73 several legacy shifts ago when it was really broken, and thought I'd try it out again when I came back to see how it is now. I can't really use it as my main attack til I get mana leech for it (just hit 31 tonight) but with 5 charges it feels pretty good so far. The only thing I really miss, and I hope can find its way back in, is the passive for movement speed per frenzy charge. 14s charges (with the charge duration passives)(13.6s I suppose, why the heck are these 18% and not just flat 20%) are almost enough to move from group to group... but considering that you have to sink a metric ton of skill points into this attack for it to work at all, having a little bonus at 5 or 6 charges to help you get to the next mobs seems fair enough. Just my two cents so far, will update as I get higher level with it.
Hello, just to point out that Frenzy is one of these few skills that don't list their Damage Effectiveness (110%) in the gem description like the new method.
"
Thalandor wrote:
Hello, just to point out that Frenzy is one of these few skills that don't list their Damage Effectiveness (110%) in the gem description like the new method.

Because it's just physical damage and not including elemental or chaos (unless it's getting a buff ala Heavy Strike to include all forms of damage).
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Thalandor wrote:

Because it's just physical damage and not including elemental or chaos (unless it's getting a buff ala Heavy Strike to include all forms of damage).

Oh, didn't realise that. Then it should be changed and maybe Frenzy would be better ;) I leveled both a Frenzy and Double Strike gem to see what would happen, and at end game, even with 5 frenzy charge, Double Strike still had more DPS, but at much lower mana cost...
Last edited by Thalandor on Dec 23, 2012, 2:07:37 PM
After doing some theorycrafting it seems there is a typo in the skill description
it says:
Unavailable

"4% increased physical damage per frenzy charge"

wich implies it is an additive bonus, but from my testing it seems rather like an multiplicative bonus, so it should say:

"4% MORE physical damage per frenzy charge"

:)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
it is definitely NOT multiplicative. physical damage gets a multiplier of 1.1 for the skill attack, then the physical damage increase per frenzy charge gets boosted by value you discribed. a frenzy charge already gives 5% attack and cast speed per charge, this gem adds to that passive per charge effect while the gem is used.

so one strike of frenzy gives 1 charge, frenzy charge gives the next frenzy attack a total of 4% physical damage increase and 10% attack speed increase.
I may be wrong, but at lower level my math added up, now it does not ^^

Items
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

and the skill im using is the one in the armour and i got no other damage modifiers except my strength with is 85 with these items included wich translates to 17% physical damage from strength and phase run 59% more damage.
and i got 5 frenzy charges.

base unarmed damage is 2-5?
total physical damage: 40-87

strength: 17%
facebreakers: 927%
physical damage per frenzy charge: 6% * 5 = 30%
frenzy base damage: 110%
melee damage on full life: 37%
phase run: 59%
melee physical damage: 35%

min damage: 40 * (1 + 0.17 + 9.27 * 0.3) * (1 + 0.1) * (1 + 0.37) * (1 + 0.59) * (1 + 0.35) = 1876.04039898

however my character sheet shows 1739 min physical damage, what am i doing wrong?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info