Frenzy

What does %Quality increase in a Frenzy gem?
I love frenzy, because i love fast attack character. But i thing it's upkeep ask a bit too much for a melee character, in default league with full dps build it's ok i guess, but in HC, i can't bother taking that honestly because you can't run all the time like a headless monkey :D. I wish i could though because i really like the whole mechanism behind this skill, but i'll rather take passive attack speed nodes (3nodes give 22% passive attack speed in the dualist tree, frenzy give 20 with 2 nodes, but 1- is a skill hard to manage 2-cost ton of mana if you miss use it 3-use a skill slot).

Imo the charge duration node should be 18% for ranged but on melee should be a lot more, and imo it should not cost mana if you try to apply more stack that what you can handle, this way you could use it instead of your default attack or something.
Last edited by Halagaz on Feb 1, 2013, 7:14:29 AM
My Physical DPS crit ranger is built upon frenzy, i have 7 charges which lasts 14 seconds. i think its more than enough. skill is ideal atm.
But in my opinion quality buffs speed too much.
IGN: Hidden_driver
Isn't the base manacost on this a little high?

When you get it at around lvl 20, 15 mana for every attack is quite a lot even if you have a bit of int. Maybe it should start out a little lower and scale up at later levels of the gem?
I'm using this skill and I like it for the time it actually is possible to use. I as a Shadow lvl32 have 200 mana and 50% manaregen. It takes less than 2 seconds to burn through all my mana, without using support gems. And that's just with 5 Frenzy charges. It's an objective in itself to get a valid build where Frenzy can be used constantly, because of the high mana base cost. Therefor the combination of high mana cost and the increased attack speed renders this skill in most cases completely useless.

It might be a good idea to lower the mana usage for at least the lower levels.

Some people claim that this skill is OP, but I don't agree. I need around 25 passives to gain the full advantage of Frenzy. If I spend 25 passives on increased damage of some sort, I bet I get more damage out of it. Also the high mana cost and the the way charges must be build up and maintained makes this skill absolutely not OP. You can get attack speed to crazy levels, but maintaining the speed is impossible because of the mana cost. The fact that it is a single target attack alone makes it not OP. I easily get more DPS from for example heavy strike.

Edit: after reading what I wrote it might seem that I dont like the attack speed of Frenzy, but thats not the case. I took frenzy because of the increased attack speed. Frenzy feels just like a Frenzy ;)
Last edited by Kwaak on Feb 8, 2013, 9:00:29 AM
Just wondering, if you have say 3 frenzy charges from a non-quality frenzy, and cast a totem with that 15% extra cast speed, does the totem get that cast speed as well for it's duration?
"
Kwaak wrote:
I'm using this skill and I like it for the time it actually is possible to use. I as a Shadow lvl32 have 200 mana and 50% manaregen. It takes less than 2 seconds to burn through all my mana, without using support gems. And that's just with 5 Frenzy charges. It's an objective in itself to get a valid build where Frenzy can be used constantly, because of the high mana base cost. Therefor the combination of high mana cost and the increased attack speed renders this skill in most cases completely useless.

It might be a good idea to lower the mana usage for at least the lower levels.

Some people claim that this skill is OP, but I don't agree. I need around 25 passives to gain the full advantage of Frenzy. If I spend 25 passives on increased damage of some sort, I bet I get more damage out of it. Also the high mana cost and the the way charges must be build up and maintained makes this skill absolutely not OP. You can get attack speed to crazy levels, but maintaining the speed is impossible because of the mana cost. The fact that it is a single target attack alone makes it not OP. I easily get more DPS from for example heavy strike.

Edit: after reading what I wrote it might seem that I dont like the attack speed of Frenzy, but thats not the case. I took frenzy because of the increased attack speed. Frenzy feels just like a Frenzy ;)

The thing is. You never talk about balance BEFORE you have tried lategame.
Nobody cares what happens to lower levels, lategame is what matters. i am using bloodmagic with 2k hp and that 17 health costs seems like nothing. It get's expensive when i it skyrockets to 100 health cost per shot with 6 shots per second. But it can AND SHOULD be mitigated with Life On Hit or Life Leech.

The skill is strong. But at the lategame i feel kind of sad about it, because in 90% of case you are up against groups of mobs and the best thing to do is use AoE which will do the thing better, than a gattling gun. It's good against bosses, but in huge parties it's not that much noticeable, you are better off, boosting a AoE skill for faster farming.
"
Ayrleand wrote:
Just wondering, if you have say 3 frenzy charges from a non-quality frenzy, and cast a totem with that 15% extra cast speed, does the totem get that cast speed as well for it's duration?

Yes, it'll cast faster (same as with any other Increased Cast Speed bonus :) ).

Far as I know, the stats are checked when it casts the Spell anyways, as opposed to when the Totem is created.
When shooting more then 1 arrow and hitting 2+ mobs at once with frenzy, why dont i get 2 frenzy charges? I think this should be fixed :o
you get frenzy charge per cast if the entire thing made at least a hit. not per hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info