Frenzy

After the passive skill reset I dropped Frenzy. I replaced the passsive skill points from Frenzy with the 2 major increased attack speed passives in the Dualist area and started to use Leap Slam for AOE and Heavy Strike for single target damage. On single targets I increased my dps from 500dps on lvl 45 to 1200 dps with Heavy Strike. My (LMP+chain+increased attack speed) 12% quality Frenzy (with 6 frenzy charges) Ranged Attack Totem doing 120-150 DPS was replaced by the AOE of Leap Slam and got to 500 dps.
I even had passives left to spend on health and elemental resistance, so the build became also stronger.
The only problem I have is that first I was a ranged attacker and now I'm doing close combat. I kill a lot faster, move a lot faster, but also die a lot faster if uncareful.
Am i missing Frenzy? I'm afraid not... The idea is good, but in reality Frenzy is a little dull and ineffective.
If Frenzy would became a (nerfed version of the current one) support gem with for example 7% bonus on attack damage and speed for every frenzy charge, I would take it again.
The same goes for Power Siphon.
I think this skill is going to work great with the new support, but it's base mana cost needs to be lowered. It's too high for how fast it attacks. You can't link it with enough support because the mana cost is over a hundred for one use, and if you attack 2 times per second (mediocre), it's impractical on blood magic (doubled cost) and completely unusable on mana.
I see many people having problems with the mana cost of frenzy, although it is high adding a reduced mana gem + some mana leech seems to correct this problem rather well.
Frenzy applies to cast speed also? Playing around with my CI caster and judging by the tooltip, its only supposed to increase attack speed, but it also increases cast speed of spells. Hidden effect of the spell or is it not included in the tooltip because it's not supposed to work that way?
IGN: Death__By__Desync (bloodlines)
There's two separate mechanics you're lumping together as one: Frenzy Charges and the Frenzy skill.

Frenzy, the skill, grants Frenzy Charges if you hit with it.
Frenzy gains additional Attack Speed and Physical Damage for each Charge you have.

You gain global bonuses per Charge; you can check these in the Character Sheet under the Charges tab. By default, you gain 5% Increased Attack and Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge.

The additional IAS and Physical Damage are specific to Frenzy; they do not apply to other skills. The Frenzy Charge bonuses are global.
I think the mana cost needs to be reduced for the skill, you HAVE to run mana leech to make it work, and that's just in a 4L
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
I agree, frenzy costs too much for DPS it inflicts, even with 6+ frenzy charges...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I am wondering what kind of frenzy charges are added though items like Terminus Est or the new Blood Dance boots. Is it counted like a base lvl 1 frenzy charge? or does it scale with the lvl of the item that granted the charges? OR is it scaled with your lvl. Any insight would be nice.
"
Rusery wrote:
I am wondering what kind of frenzy charges are added though items like Terminus Est or the new Blood Dance boots. Is it counted like a base lvl 1 frenzy charge? or does it scale with the lvl of the item that granted the charges? OR is it scaled with your lvl. Any insight would be nice.
the boots and the weapon grant a charge whenever the condition is met (and chance wins if present). it doesn't give you frenzy gem skill or blood range effects. yes all gant frenzy charges but the boots axe and blood rage, grant charges per condition met unlike frenzy gem. meaning frenzy grants A charge if it hits many foes at once (or in a delayed chain, now sure about multistrike however) while the other three grant as many as the number of foes killed (minus failed chance rolls in case of the boots).
The thing to note is that Frenzy Charges are completely separate from the Frenzy Skill.

Frenzy Charges grant 5% IAS and FCR; passives can improve the duration and grant Increased Evasion per Charge.
The skill Frenzy gains additional Physical Damage and IAS per Frenzy Charge you have, on top of the regular bonus. The Physical damage and IAS are not added to the Charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info