Frenzy

Try looking at the Default Attack information; it should gain no Physical damage and 5% IAS per Frenzy Charge you acquire.
any possible buffs to % of physical damage increase per frenzy charge for frenzy skill?
from 12% to 14-16% at lvl 20
Because frenzy charges is part of passive tree, and all other physical nodes was buffed, but physical damage from frenzy not.
Last edited by LendoKaar on Aug 30, 2013, 12:48:48 PM
While I agree that it could use some kind of buff in form of reduced mana cost on lower levels (it is completely unmanagable at higher attack speeds with mana leech alone) at least I don't think it really needs huge buffing in terms of damage, as it does fair amount of damage with proper items. At later levels mana is perfectly managable through uniques (thief's torment or soul taker).
It's also quite amazing once you reach 13 attacks per second or more and add life gain on hit to it, on top of 10%+ life leech. Makes a pretty decent tank (very hardly dies on hard maps until lvl 74, did not have map drops above that level yet).

http://i.imgur.com/E8gXRxx.jpg
Last edited by Xelrah88 on Sep 9, 2013, 3:14:01 AM
"
Xelrah88 wrote:
While I agree that it could use some kind of buff in form of reduced mana cost on lower levels (it is completely unmanagable at higher attack speeds with mana leech alone) at least I don't think it really needs huge buffing in terms of damage, as it does fair amount of damage with proper items. At later levels mana is perfectly managable through uniques (thief's torment or soul taker).
It's also quite amazing once you reach 13 attacks per second or more and add life gain on hit to it, on top of 10%+ life leech. Makes a pretty decent tank (very hardly dies on hard maps until lvl 74, did not have map drops above that level yet).

http://i.imgur.com/E8gXRxx.jpg

hey was this taken with quality or normal frenzy? because with 7 charges 20q frenzy means ADDITIONAL 49% attack speed
"
Dugi96 wrote:

hey was this taken with quality or normal frenzy? because with 7 charges 20q frenzy means ADDITIONAL 49% attack speed

Yes, 20% frenzy.
Why is frenzy so expensive? 18 mana is insane for a main skill. If it's not a main skill, then how is it supposed to be used in conjuction with the frenzy nodes in the tree?

Honestly a 30% mana decrease seem like a must in the current state.
"
paul232 wrote:
Why is frenzy so expensive? 18 mana is insane for a main skill. If it's not a main skill, then how is it supposed to be used in conjuction with the frenzy nodes in the tree?

Honestly a 30% mana decrease seem like a must in the current state.

Mana cost is so high because skill is pretty powerful. I also want to remind you, that frenzy is RANGED skill as well (can be used with wand and bows), and ranged skills tend to be weaker than melee ones.
While i agree that for melee such mana cost is ridiculous, there are a lot of other options too. Ranged players have to either manage huge mana cost, or use far less powerful Burning Arrow.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"

Mana cost is so high because skill is pretty powerful. I also want to remind you, that frenzy is RANGED skill as well (can be used with wand and bows), and ranged skills tend to be weaker than melee ones.
While i agree that for melee such mana cost is ridiculous, there are a lot of other options too. Ranged players have to either manage huge mana cost, or use far less powerful Burning Arrow.

Indeed. However, not being able to sustain frenzy with mana leech (in 4L) is imo insane. Anyway, I think you are right that currently it's only use-able as a ranged skill.

I'm just whining that my Frenzy focused build that took me a good 7 hours to compose desperately needs the unique 1 hand axe or terrible amounts of + mana/ mana regen compared to any other melee skill. Well, can't be helped. Reave it is
"
paul232 wrote:
"

Indeed. However, not being able to sustain frenzy with mana leech (in 4L) is imo insane. Anyway, I think you are right that currently it's only use-able as a ranged skill.

I'm just whining that my Frenzy focused build that took me a good 7 hours to compose desperately needs the unique 1 hand axe or terrible amounts of + mana/ mana regen compared to any other melee skill. Well, can't be helped. Reave it is

Frenzy is also a great supporting skill to gain frenzy charges (for flicker, discharge or just DPS output).
And any frenzy-based melee build can be adopted use Flicker Strike as well.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Thief's Torment. 15 Mana Gain on Hit. Problem solved. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info