Frenzy

Does Frenzy work with attacks from Wands? I'm not sure if Wands count as Melee and they surely don't count as Bows...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
Does Frenzy work with attacks from Wands? I'm not sure if Wands count as Melee and they surely don't count as Bows...
frenzy works with anything. its only an attack and nothing more. wands are still attacks
The game doesn't distinguish between Melee and Bow, but between Melee and Projectile. Wands, Spectral Throw, Lightning Strike projectiles and arrows are all Projectiles.

I don't know why they use 'Bow' as a keyword. *shrug*
I don't normally complain about desync, but Frenzy seems (for me, anyway) to be rendered next to useless by it. With a 94% chance to hit, my melee Frenzy character is constantly whiffing attacks, and at such a high mana cost, it just isn't worth it. At first I didn't even think it was desync, until I noticed that these "no-hitters" were often associated with elevated incidents of rubber-banding.

Dunno if Frenzy causes the desync, or if I'm simply noticing it more with this skill, but I can't be bothered with such inconsistent performance. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I use frenzy as main attack on my duelist archer for at least four months and I have no desynch problem. It works fine.

Imo, the big problem of frenzy is the mana cost, it's very expensive. In fact, it is not easy to build a frenzy build without "blood magic". It's sad, it limits the possibilities of builds. I think a slight buff of frenzy (-2 or -3 mana cost) would be fine.
Frenzy is very easy to maintain but yes it does need blood magic but just the gem and not the passive. Still leaving you wide open for auras. Easiest way to maintain frenzy is with blood dance boots... pretty much zero not to run these if using frenzy. Also carnage heart is excellent once your damage starts picking up. Life gain on Hit is superior before then. If you got the currency just get Thief's Torment and your problems will never have existed in the first place. These are just a few ways to run it.

I feel frenzy is a very underused attack. Especially if you cap frenzy charges from the skill tree as well as merc3 bandit choice.
Frenzy isn't underused.
9 out of 10 archers use frenzy as their single target attack.
Many facebreaker builds use it also.
To crit or not to crit ?
Frenzy is a bit of a strange skill to build around as a main skill (as opposed to just using it to generate charges). The obvious thing to note is that quality Frenzy gives a huge dollop of increased attack speed (assuming a decent number of charges), so you don't need to invest in attack speed passives and gear. In fact, speccing for even more attack speed is likely to get you in trouble with mana consumption.

A Frenzy build using Acrobatics, Darkray Vectors and possibly Daresso's Defiance (dodge-stacking for the win) could be fun to play.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The game doesn't distinguish between Melee and Bow, but between Melee and Projectile. Wands, Spectral Throw, Lightning Strike projectiles and arrows are all Projectiles.

I don't know why they use 'Bow' as a keyword. *shrug*
IIRC at one point there was a very minor distinction. Or rather there was a "distinction".
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Word. I'm thinking of a frenzy wand build. Power siphon is a 4L single target attack that provides power charges. Frenzy is an AoE attack that I am thinking of using with lots of frenzy charges for an AoE attack (although I hear frenzy is rarely used this way). Both options of pure physical damage and cast on crit are on the table.

Wand options

Pure physical option - Frenzy + GMP + life leech + proj phys dmg + incr crit strikes + crit mult

Cast on crit option - Frenzy + GMP + life leech + CoC + fireball + arctic breath

For both options, the witch basically goes down the ranger side and takes as much crit and frenzy charges as possible and defensively runs mind over matter, at least for the pure physical version and sports life leech and mana leech on gear. 8 frenzy charges are possible, six with the three from the tree, the bandit choice, and +1 frenzy charge blood dance boots for extra regen is the idea. I'm told from good players the damage will be bad, but I'm always curious and look to learn for myself. The character is in the mid-40s where you first can equip blood dance and I'm thinking that thick stick wand is the way to go, at least to start, for the extra crit. The character has the option of getting Conduit for helping parties.
Last edited by Zindax on Jul 15, 2014, 12:02:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info