Frenzy

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
you get frenzy charge per cast if the entire thing made at least a hit. not per hit.

Frenzy is not a cast but an attack.

(I have a ranged attack totem attached to my second Frenzy gem and also faster attacks. That works good and I get about 25% more DPS out of my build this way. It's not OP or super effective, but this is my RPG style I guess. And I like it.)
sorry for the one word messup, but the statement is still correct otherwise as far as answering the question the comment was for.
Hi

So Frenzy, puting balance to one side for the moment, I would just like to say that personally, as a skill, I don't like it, plain and simple.
In my opinion I think it should either be removed completely OR another skill like frenzy to be introduced along side Frenzy so that there are more options

I try my best to learn about this game and min/max as much as possible and this game is just perfect for that and now that I have been given a full respec from the last patch I'm re-evaluating my build like many others, and for me, I feel like If i don't include Frenzy Charges in my build somewhere that I am missing out on something

Thats not a good thing

It also means I am going to have to alternate my attacks each time my Frenzy Charges run out between Frenzy or Blood Rage and something else. And that was fine the first time around for my first build, but here is obviously the problem, I'm making another build yet I have to (or feel I have to) make it the same again with Frenzy as my right click bind

Blood Rage does not suffer from the same problem as it's a instant buff and it's other with, Frenzy on the other hand is just a pain and takes up a skill slot, You could also argue that the skill keeps the player engaged and so he's not just pressing one key, now I could go LA and forget it all, but thats not my thing. I want to use up all my skill slots and for once, not have Frenzy in one of them

so tl;dr gameplay-wise I don't like the skill, character building-wise I don't like the skill and above is why.
Also I'm really only talking about min/maxing end-game.
1. If Frenzy is put on a Totem, will it generate charges for the player?

2. If Frenzy is put on a Totem, and the player has some amount of charges, will it get the bonus iPD and iAS per charge (I know it will get bonus 5% per charge if the player had some charges upon summoning the totem, because I use RaT+EH)?

3. If 2nd is true, does it work only while player has the charges, or only the state when the totem was summoned matters for the whole duration of the totem (like the example at the end of point 2.)?

EDIT:

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. State while summoning totem applies for the whole duration, apparently.

I figured I can test it myself; but oh well, someone else might find this useful as well.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Last edited by VenatorPoE on Mar 10, 2013, 10:50:57 PM
Not sure if this is the right place because it's a combination of two things: Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles + Frenzy.

I would have thought that 1 arrow would create 1 Frenzy charge and 3 arrows (say with LMP) would grant 1 Frenzy charge for each target hit (so 3 charges in 1 volley) but this isn't the case. Is this something that's just overlooked and intended or are we meant to press the Frenzy skill button till it fires X many volleys of arrows? It would be great if charges were granted based on targets hit rather than firing 3 or 5 volleys (9-15) arrows before you get the minimum of 3 charges.
The description mentions "if it hits, gain 1 Frenzy Charge". It's simply a yes/no statement; the amount of hits is not relevant :)
"
VenatorPoE wrote:
3. State while summoning totem applies for the whole duration, apparently.
False. The totem is using your skill, powered by your stats. It only gets bonuses from charges, of any kind, while you have those charges.
How do I support this skill resource wise?

I have 3k life and about 400 mana. I use purity, hatred and determination so I have about 70 mana left.

With as much mana leech and regen I can muster I can't support it on mana. 1 shot every 5 shots becomes a default attack because I run out of mana. This is with 7% mana leech and a fair amount of regen.

If I use Blood Magic on it I can't support it with health because it is a single target skill. I use about 70 life per shot and get about half that back with life on hit and life leech regens too slow to be be of any use.

I'm using one of the slowest bows at 1.20 attack speed, but it still becomes nearly 3 attack speed with Frenzy and I'm not even using the faster attack support gem which I was intending to use.
Last edited by TwiiK on Mar 17, 2013, 2:31:59 PM
I seem to remember, in closed beta, being able to link Frenzy to LMP and shoot it into a mob and instantly fill all of my frenzy charges in one shot.

Now, when I link Frenzy to LMP and fire it into a mob I get only one charge no matter how many enemies the multiple arrows hit.

Has this changed recently or something?
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Mar 20, 2013, 7:42:38 PM
"
GodlyMe wrote:
I seem to remember, in closed beta, being able to link Frenzy to LMP and shoot it into a mob and instantly fill all of my frenzy charges in one shot.

Now, when I link Frenzy to LMP and fire it into a mob I get only one charge no matter how many enemies the multiple arrows hit.

Has this changed recently or something?
That's how the skill works, and has done since before closed beta started. If the skill hits something, you get a charge. One.
That doesn't mean you get one charge per thing hit, it means that if the skill hit a thing, you get a charge, and if it did not, you don't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info