Flicker Strike

I wanted to do a flicker strike based build and trying to use the skill before actually doing the build made me notice something horrible.
Using flicker strike during the cooldown does not trigger the default attack and freezes you in place.

This definitely needs fixing asap.
Please, any support can help me with these things? I'm a flicker and im getting stucked inside walls... I died 2 times in uber lab (-2 offering) gettin stucked at walls...

I can do nothing when this happens, no leap slam and no flicker.

As you guys can see:

Please, any help?
Last edited by HIGHFREQ on Oct 26, 2016, 12:14:02 AM
This skill is so much fun! But the dysnc that comes with it is unreal! You almost have to play it on lockstep, cause on predictive its total aids! Unfortunately "in my experience" lockstep feels clunky...Idk if my internet isn't good enough or what, but with 60 average ping it feels horrible...so stuck with predictive...wish you guys would take a look at what causes it to get out of wack, in my experience it seams to be objects...cause I seam to flicker just fine in an open area, but when I try in a map like necropolis, every other flicker fails...so annoying :(
Hello,
a small but nice QOL-Suggestion from my side:

If no other valid targets are in range, allow Flicker Strike to attack breakables. That includes barrels or crates or some of the drowned corpses and similar.

Description: This means that Flicker Strike will jump to a breakable within its radius if, and only if there are no monsters within the radius that could be attacked otherwise. This also holds true with Multistrike.

Reason:
- When using Flicker Strike, it can become akward to destroy breakables, usually requiring a secondary skill with AOE damage.
- Gaps between packs of enemies can be crossed seamlessly by jumping from enemy to breakable and to a different enemy from there on.
- Targeting breakables would allow Flicker Strike to acquire some versatility when jumping up/down ledges, as it will target the breakables on the other level, adding a one-way travel possibility.

Possible problems:
- Players might get teleported deeper into dead ends or even further away from enemies.

Thanks for reading!
Cheers,
IRID1UM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dispater wrote:
Using FS as a main attack was a fun and unique way to play and build your character. I hope that cooldown-less FS will make a return in some form :P
The cooldown can be bypassed with frenzy charges. With a little effort a player can barely ever be restricted by the cooldown.

Since the last admin response was 4 years ago I know this won't get any feedback but here goes anyways.

Having a cooldown on the ability is imo no longer needed. If you don't use another frenzy charge generator besides blood rage you cannot maintain consistently UNLESS you use a Terminus or a Oro's Sacrifice. This is imo a pointless barrier and adds a non needed challenge when designing your flicker build.

I've played a lot of flicker lately. I've done both Oro's and Terminus, as well as dual wield swords and daggers, thanks to The Green Nightmare.

The problem is that if you decide to go Terminus you can do all content except for bosses, with just Flicker. You can also use cwdt-blade vortex but it's not 100% uptime on all bosses.

With Oro's you CAN have 100% uptime because you can use Resolute Tech and always hit, to always apply a burn AND you can get 3 frenzy charges from 1 multistrike. This makes Oro's the best and without a doubt most consistent build to play. Completely towers over all else.

Then you have dual wield, which I personally love and think is the best build path, but without a doubt the most expensive AND the most inconsistent. With blood rage and green nightmare I never run out of charges while clearing. On bosses I have to use Frenzy in order to be able to get frenzy charges, so I can continue to flicker. There are plenty of times where I have died because I was using frenzy and got hit hard, followed by more hits that I couldn't leech through. This almost never ever happens with Terminus and 100% does not happen with Oro's.

So you take this ridiculous requirement to design a build and compare it to say Sunder, or Cyclone, or hell even Frost Blades and realize they can pump out not only more damage, but the damage is never going to stop due to some requirement built into their skill and you start to realize the only players that play Flicker Strike are those that love how the skill functions, even with it's blatant yet obscure drawbacks.

I know you guys need to make money and are pumping out new content and fixing bugs, but a lot of the old skill gems need some facelifts. Screw the concept of "that's what makes it unique." It makes the skill harder to use and unappealing.

Some other points:

-With multistrike allow me to focus down my main target with all 3 hits. No more jumping around until the selected target is dead. It's silly and adds to the ridiculous amounts of chaos and inconsistencies with the skill. Boss fights are a great example. I want to kill the boss, not its adds. If I wanted to kill the adds I could just target the ground and ride the lightning.
-Desync obviously. You guys have done an amazing job improving it but desync is still very noticable with flicker.
-Make it so if your cursor is out of LOS of your enemy, you will still flicker to a enemy near you. It's so frustrating stopping right behind a box and selecting an enemy that breaks the los to you on the otherside and getting rekt.

If you read this, thank you for reading. I'll check back every year to see if this post has gotten a response.

Patch 3.0
Last edited by percept707 on Oct 23, 2017, 6:03:43 AM
"
Zototoh wrote:
This post hasn't been posted to in a long time so I'm not even sure anyone will read it but I hope so. Flicker strike is my favorite skill in the game and have made many builds with it. I am fairly new to POE so please forgive me if I repeat anything talked about already.

The main problem I have run into is there are only 2 viable ways to make a pure flicker build without a supporting skill to generate charges. Oro's and Terminus Est crit as I'm sure everyone already knows. Oro's is great dps but you are limited to fire damage so there are few choices to really make in the skill tree. Terminus damage is rather low and you are forced to get crit chance on your passive tree which spreads skill points out so much it is very difficult to get it and enough health to survive.

My first obvious suggestion would be remove the cool down completely. There are many other very powerful skills that do not have one and you are not invulnerable during it's use. So I don't understand why it needs one to begin with. If you do please tell me.

Second Solution would be to rework the passive tree so that all classes have slightly easier access to melee crit chance though I understand that would empower every build which probably makes it unworkable.

Third Solution is to make a gem/item/ascendancy that allows generating frenzy charges on HIT rather than on kill, both power and endurance charges have that option in some form. so I wouldn't think it's unreasonable.

Fourth Solution wouldn't really be opening up diversity to the builds but would allow for better builds with terminus at least which is add a Fated version of Terminus Est with more damage or perhaps changing on critical to on hit.

If you were patient enough to read this text wall thank you and I look forward to reading your thoughts on the subject.

Pretty much the same as my post and over a year old with no response or anything.
"
percept707 wrote:
-With multistrike allow me to focus down my main target with all 3 hits. No more jumping around until the selected target is dead. It's silly and adds to the ridiculous amounts of chaos and inconsistencies with the skill. Boss fights are a great example. I want to kill the boss, not its adds. If I wanted to kill the adds I could just target the ground and ride the lightning.

This is an intentional downside of Multistrike: not gonna change. :)
(I just comment on mechanics, hence the very specific response)
Just change flicker into a support gem already, much better.

Can be used with all the basic melee, heavy strike, infernal blow, dom blow, viper, puncture, static strike etc. so much cooler.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
So this has actually been something I noticed both on my Oro flicker last league, and my Oni flicker character this league: Flicker Strike costs too damn much mana for how fast it attacks. There aren't enough reasonable "mana gain on hit" sources to allow you to use it to it's full potential. There's no "vaal pact" keystone to make mana leech much quicker, only a few small ones which would require an absurd investment for such an ability. Worse, Flicker basically costs double in a 6-L what any other melee strike does.

Possible solutions:

-Reduce base mana cost of flicker to bring it more in line with other melee strikes
-Make flicker cost no mana or reduced mana if a frenzy charge is consumed to bypass the cooldown
-Add a new 1-point keystone to make mana leech much faster and/or instant similar to vaal pact
-Add a new 1-point keystone that allows mana leech to continue even after you cap on mana (similar to slayer ascendency for life leech)
-Buff smaller passives like Essence Sap to award much more mana on hit than they currently do (say, +10 instead of +2)
-Add a new jewel to help combat this, potentially specifically for flicker (ie "flicker strike uses blood magic", without forcing us to use a precious gem slot in a 6-L)

Flicker suddenly stopping out of no where is almost always due to mana and it just feels bad. It could really be just a fantastic ability, but as it is right now it's often more frustrating than not when you randomly stop casting flicker and just fall over and die.
For the love of god fix the desync. Unplayable without lockstep, even worse with a connection that isn't always great.

And please for the love of god, again, make flicker strike flicker in the direction of the mouse. So many times have I tried to move away from a mob, especially in a breach, only for my character to flicker back, the other direction, when there are clearly more mobs in the direction I want to go.

Please these address these issues. It would make flicker more enjoyable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info