Flicker Strike

I found method to fairly reliably desync character with flicker on lockstep.

I forgot about it since i quit the character at fairly low lvl last time (71 i think) and remade slightly differently this league.

I was playing kitava's thirst flicker strike, no multistrike (allows to focus one target very reliably!)

since mana cost occurs nearly (?) instantly, it is possible for a spell to kill the target of my flicker before the attack happens. Sometimes my character just stands still, sometimes it will flicker to the dead target (but in reality my position doesn't change.) When i then leap slam or do actions after, i will 'classic desync teleport back to' and leap slam/move from my old position.
suggestion, how about keeping the camera fixed for flicker strike while you have the button pressed, so you can see your char teleporting between monsters without inducing a seizure, and once you let the button go, the camera moves, only then, to his new position ?

maybe a fixed range could be needed so the char doesnt move out of the camera view ? or if that is too big of a nerf for the skill, then make it so that the camera moves slowly/smoothly to the average position between a set amount of jumps, that way it would slowly follow the char but without jumping like crazy on every single teleport ?

same concept could be applied to body swap

hi guys, i am trying to learn how to use flicker strike.

i saw that many posters said that they just right click the mouse repeatedly and it will kill all the enemies on screen automatically.

however i use flicker strike and after that i can't use it again because it has a cool down of a few seconds.

how do all the posters just hold down the mouse repeatedly with flicker strike and not having to deal with the cool down?
34pre98qua
You need something to generate frenzy charges, spending a frenzy charge allows you to bypass the cooldown.

Most reliable is frenzy charge on hit, such as from igniting with oro's, or critting with terminus est, or getting frenzy charges from raider ascendency, or causing self bleed and using the uul netol boots.

Otherwise frenzy charges on kill from something such as blood rage and/or ice bite and various other items can also help if you can kill enough monsters per activation. Usually multistrike helps with the frenzy charges as the attack repeats twice per activation so your damage:frenzy charge ratio spent is better
As a 2-year player addicted to flicker strike (FS for short), I wanna say I love this skill. I also developed and shared a few FS-based BDs and playvideos based on my own understanding of this game, which helped countless online friends enjoy its coolness.

Unfortunately, however, FS as an unpopular skill has long been ignored by the developer who has neither enhanced nor nerfed it.The most annoying problem I wanna talk about with this skill is its auto locking leading to lousy gaming experience. For example, in the Core map (T13), I need to attack Piety while Malachai stays invincible, but FS would automatically lock and hit Malachai instead of Piety even if I point the mouse pointer to the latter.

The same embarrassing phenomenon also happens to the ultimate boss of T18. I can easily defeat T17 as a professional player and believe T18 is also a piece of cake thanks to the considerable damage and resistances I have reached, but the ugly result is I failed to defeat it due to the same auto locking mechanism of that skill.

I, therefore, strongly advise the developer to remove this stupid design unless you would like to see the thorough abandonment of this eye-stinging and screen-shaking skill by the entire player community.

Last but not least, an eye-friendlier optimization to the screen shaking brought by the skill would also be welcome.

As for the optimization of screen sway,
I suggest that the target distance is less than the starting point of the start,
such as half screen, which delays tracking its own view.
How long this delay may require debugging can be done without moving the screen
(in order to stabilize the screen when fighting with BOSS).
It can be a strike for every 3 strikes (because of Multistrike).
As a flash player who has been in charge for 2 years,
I think this optimization is excellent.
My idea for this is to keep the screen still and limit the character to the screen until button is released. This would help with risk and motion sickness.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
percept707 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dispater wrote:
Using FS as a main attack was a fun and unique way to play and build your character. I hope that cooldown-less FS will make a return in some form :P
The cooldown can be bypassed with frenzy charges. With a little effort a player can barely ever be restricted by the cooldown.

Since the last admin response was 4 years ago I know this won't get any feedback but here goes anyways.

Having a cooldown on the ability is imo no longer needed. If you don't use another frenzy charge generator besides blood rage you cannot maintain consistently UNLESS you use a Terminus or a Oro's Sacrifice. This is imo a pointless barrier and adds a non needed challenge when designing your flicker build.

I've played a lot of flicker lately. I've done both Oro's and Terminus, as well as dual wield swords and daggers, thanks to The Green Nightmare.

The problem is that if you decide to go Terminus you can do all content except for bosses, with just Flicker. You can also use cwdt-blade vortex but it's not 100% uptime on all bosses.

With Oro's you CAN have 100% uptime because you can use Resolute Tech and always hit, to always apply a burn AND you can get 3 frenzy charges from 1 multistrike. This makes Oro's the best and without a doubt most consistent build to play. Completely towers over all else.

Then you have dual wield, which I personally love and think is the best build path, but without a doubt the most expensive AND the most inconsistent. With blood rage and green nightmare I never run out of charges while clearing. On bosses I have to use Frenzy in order to be able to get frenzy charges, so I can continue to flicker. There are plenty of times where I have died because I was using frenzy and got hit hard, followed by more hits that I couldn't leech through. This almost never ever happens with Terminus and 100% does not happen with Oro's.

So you take this ridiculous requirement to design a build and compare it to say Sunder, or Cyclone, or hell even Frost Blades and realize they can pump out not only more damage, but the damage is never going to stop due to some requirement built into their skill and you start to realize the only players that play Flicker Strike are those that love how the skill functions, even with it's blatant yet obscure drawbacks.

I know you guys need to make money and are pumping out new content and fixing bugs, but a lot of the old skill gems need some facelifts. Screw the concept of "that's what makes it unique." It makes the skill harder to use and unappealing.

Some other points:

-With multistrike allow me to focus down my main target with all 3 hits. No more jumping around until the selected target is dead. It's silly and adds to the ridiculous amounts of chaos and inconsistencies with the skill. Boss fights are a great example. I want to kill the boss, not its adds. If I wanted to kill the adds I could just target the ground and ride the lightning.
-Desync obviously. You guys have done an amazing job improving it but desync is still very noticable with flicker.
-Make it so if your cursor is out of LOS of your enemy, you will still flicker to a enemy near you. It's so frustrating stopping right behind a box and selecting an enemy that breaks the los to you on the otherside and getting rekt.

If you read this, thank you for reading. I'll check back every year to see if this post has gotten a response.

Patch 3.0

So an update 1 year later and not only have there been no mechanical changes but flicker strike got nerfed with the removal of frenzy charges on necks and the swap to frenzy charges going onto gloves, instead of boots.

Not only that but it's now been 5 years since an admin has provided a update for flicker strike.
Hello, i have a suggestion to make flicker Strike playable in Delve.

Flicker Strike should focus on the nearest target of the slider.

Feelings ?

Thx
I would like to see some form of passive Frenzy generation for on hit/crit effects to bring Flicker Strike up a tier. There are a few very good flicker builds that can clear most all content but I feel the like current flicker meta is somewhat busted. You either go Terminus built in and lose a heap of damage mods that could be utilized from a rare weapon or you do the golden rule route and are stuck using half of your gear/gem slots just to make the bleed reflect trigger.

Flicker Strike has far too many requirements to make the skill work. The general setup requires the frenzy generation + melee splash + multistrike + very high DPS weapon.

So in order to get a basic physical flicker to work you are already losing almost 100% more multipliers from gem slots just for the mechanics to even interact for smooth flickering on top of the gear slots needed to gain the charges continually.

The cost to enable this skill is just too high and overly complex.

Flicker either needs a built in melee splash or the removal of requiring frenzy charges to burst . . . or BOTH.
too hard to fight with immune phase boss. (Uber Elder, Twin core boss)

best way to die.
-not controll Miss-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info