Flicker Strike

Nice change to flicker animation, it runs really smooth. Tried it with Oro's + 6 frenzy charges. 0,12 attack speed. No more camera jumps to outer space.
Are you even looking into the client crash caused by flicker strike?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Small sugestion for flickr strike :

Immune to bearers if you have recently killed with Flickr strike.

Also woudnt boosts other purposes because of the onkill
I use flicker strike and i love this skill but PLEASE fix these constant crashes it is unbearable seriously i just can't play normally i stop my flicker strike very often in the middle of action by fear to crash once again and this purely kill my pleasure of playing, just in this last hour i crashed like 4 - 5 times, really it needs to be reworked.
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
GGG what you did to flicker audio effect?! >.<
It sounds kinda "dampened" right now... where is the phew phew phew sound?
Last edited by xonedl on Jun 8, 2016, 6:44:35 AM
PLEASE PLEASE bring back flicker sound!i beg you GGG
This post hasn't been posted to in a long time so I'm not even sure anyone will read it but I hope so. Flicker strike is my favorite skill in the game and have made many builds with it. I am fairly new to POE so please forgive me if I repeat anything talked about already.

The main problem I have run into is there are only 2 viable ways to make a pure flicker build without a supporting skill to generate charges. Oro's and Terminus Est crit as I'm sure everyone already knows. Oro's is great dps but you are limited to fire damage so there are few choices to really make in the skill tree. Terminus damage is rather low and you are forced to get crit chance on your passive tree which spreads skill points out so much it is very difficult to get it and enough health to survive.

My first obvious suggestion would be remove the cool down completely. There are many other very powerful skills that do not have one and you are not invulnerable during it's use. So I don't understand why it needs one to begin with. If you do please tell me.

Second Solution would be to rework the passive tree so that all classes have slightly easier access to melee crit chance though I understand that would empower every build which probably makes it unworkable.

Third Solution is to make a gem/item/ascendancy that allows generating frenzy charges on HIT rather than on kill, both power and endurance charges have that option in some form. so I wouldn't think it's unreasonable.

Fourth Solution wouldn't really be opening up diversity to the builds but would allow for better builds with terminus at least which is add a Fated version of Terminus Est with more damage or perhaps changing on critical to on hit.

If you were patient enough to read this text wall thank you and I look forward to reading your thoughts on the subject.
Last edited by Zototoh on Sep 22, 2016, 10:17:35 PM
There's enough on-Kill sources for Frenzy Charges that it's pretty simple to make a Flicker Striker using neither Oro's nor Terminus Est. A Crit build can comfortably use the Ice Bite support, there's Blood Rage and the Blood Dance, various Ascendancies have Frenzy generation..

I've personally made a non-Crit Flicker duelist just using regular two-handed Axes, a Slayer with Blood Rage and Poacher's Mark (also solves Mana issues). Worked just fine. Character's named Towerblock, if you want to look him up.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 23, 2016, 7:05:52 AM
How do you deal with bosses that you can't kill before running out of charges and doesn't spawn adds?
"
Zototoh wrote:
How do you deal with bosses that you can't kill before running out of charges and doesn't spawn adds?
Frenzy. I had it in the same 4L as my Leap Slam.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 24, 2016, 3:43:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info