Flicker Strike

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2024, 11:10:47 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
lazyman75 wrote:
Flicker Strike now has a maximum range to target
It always has.
"
lazyman75 wrote:
and if you're outside that range, your character will walk to the monster and start attacking it with normal attack.
Any attack which can't be executed is replaced with the default attack - previously flickerstrike would attempt to execute, and if the target was out of range, it would pick a random target from those in range. It was changed to fail in this case because it was unintuitive that targeting a specific monster would sometimes cause you to flicker to a different, closer monster.
"
If at all possible, could you make it just walk you into range, then use the skill? It's quite frustrating as it is currently.
That would take some work, but can be considered for future changes to the skill.
I may be misremembering exactly which behaviour it had which was wrong - this was a simple 5-minute fix back in January which I was asked to make, among hundreds of others, but I do know there was a very specific reason I was given for making it.
I'll make a note to talk to Chris and the others to sort out if the skill's behaviour is still where we want it and why.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
So I think we can all agree that this skill isn't acting in the way people would like in all cases.
Here's my current proposed behaviour set:
Flickerstrike without target: picks random target in range, as it does now.
Flickerstrike with target, target is in range: flicker to the target.
Flcikerstrike with target, target is out of range, shift not held: Walk until target is in range, then flciker to target.
Flickerstrike with target, target is our of range, shift is held: Nothing - there's not really anything that it makes sense to do here. But override the fall-back-to-default behaviour for this case, so you don't walk up and do a default attack.

Do people agree? disagree? any suggestions for ways this can be improved?

@Charan: Preventing you using it on the same target twice in a row isn't really something we can do (without a lot of hacking at it at the very least). We could potentially add a minimum distance, but then what happens if you try to target someone within that distance? do you automatically walk away until they're at the right distance? I'm not particularly happy with any of the options there, so would rather not implement such a minimum.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"by bypassed by" the first word should be BE. that is what he was pointing out.
Fixed
"
Dispater wrote:
Using FS as a main attack was a fun and unique way to play and build your character. I hope that cooldown-less FS will make a return in some form :P
The cooldown can be bypassed with frenzy charges. With a little effort a player can barely ever be restricted by the cooldown.
"
Laep wrote:
If someone is sharing frenzy charges, we can use flicker strike forever. Since we are not using our charges and using the charges that are been shared with us the amount never drops and we can use flicker strike forever if we don't have mana problems
No, you can't That's not what sharing charges means.
Sharing charges, as used on Conduit and some unqiues, means that whenever the player gets a charge, each of his party members in a certain distance also gets a charge of the same type. If you use the charge your given, you use it up - it doesn't keep you up at the same number, it just means you get a charge each time the person with conduit does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info