Flicker Strike

I've returned to Flicker Strike as my main skill. I enjoy it so much more than other skills that I'm learning to put up with the cooldown issue with bosses.

I'm SSF and still haven't got a Farrul's Fur, but I'm not sure I would switch to it even if I did. I like my current Craiceann's Carapace.

At present I'm mitigating the lack of frenzy charges against bosses by swapping Melee Splash for Second Wind. (Yes, that gives you an extra use of Flicker, and it makes a difference.) Even though my boss damage isn't as high as I'd like, I'm at least able to keep attacking most of the time.

I'm also using a 36%-quality Poacher's Mark (from a level 3 Enhance) with CWDT to give me an extra 9% chance to get a frenzy charge on hit against bosses.

Whenever I manage to find an Awakened Multistrike, I'm hoping to ditch Second Wind in favour of increased damage.

Last edited by Sintactical on Nov 25, 2021, 8:38:52 PM
not sure if this was mentioned before, this is regarding animation cancelling.

i really love that animation cancelling made melee strike builds more flexible and we can somewhat dance around enemies.

however for flicker (and i imagine vigilant strike - cant confirm on this) has a problem when the skill is "cancelled" before hitting any enemies.

the issue is when flicker is cancelled prematurely, the cooldown occurs, and this can be detract a huge lot from our experience.

i have a few suggestions on this:

1. make flicker ONLY cancelable after hitting one enemy.
2. if flicker is cancelled BEFORE hitting at least one enemy, then it does not go into cooldown/consume charges.
3. maybe have a similar "shift click" functionality which disables canceling.
[Removed by Support]
Can we get unarmed flicker strike please or at least a reason for not being allowed?
I finally got my Farrul's Fur and was able to switch from a Terminus Est to a Paradoxica and Aegis Aurora. It allowed me to discover that with a Farrul's Fur you need at least 6 frenzy charges to not run out while single-target bossing. (At first, I'd thought it was a lack of mana that was causing me to sometimes not attack. But I soon confirmed that wasn't the problem; it wasn't a lack of mana but a lack of frenzy charges that was causing the intermittent problem.)

This also means that unless you have 7 or more frenzy charges, no flicker strike character should ever take Disciple of the Slaughter. While it scales various things with frenzy charges, it also means you have one less charge that can be used to remove the cooldown. Plus, you won't be able to take advantage of the scaling unless you're right at the start of your frenzy-charge reset.

Path of Building might indicate you have a higher DPS with Disciple of the Slaughter, but it falsely assumes you'll be at your maximum all the time. In reality, when I removed the Disciple of the Slaughter tree and spent my points on unconditional DPS, my game play improved and my in-game damage increased.
Last edited by Sintactical on Feb 12, 2022, 4:01:06 PM
Please change this to a support gem. It should have already happened with the strike skill rework.
IGN : Reamus
best league for flicker progression. rar mob = die

please write on the stones - not suitable for playing. Or ask Chris to play and kill maven on ssf. The whole problem of the game is the progression of builds. It's even scary to think how they flicker on the hardcore... Well, also if you have skills that can only clear maps without bosses - also indicate this. Why are you torturing the players? I basically don’t want to play with those builds that are in the top. Give variety.
Please make flicker strike hit with both weapons, it makes no sense that the best option for the fastest skill in the game are 2 handed weapons.
This is a real problem that needs attention imo.

Flicker Strike boss targeting makes some content literally unplayable.

The Shaper beam is kind of OK since you can just wait it out but for other builds, it's a DPS window.

The Maven is LITERALLY impossible to do since flicker always runs into the Nucleus' beams.

It's very off-putting that the skill just innately renders you unable to do some content just because of its auto-targeting nature.

A possible fix could be to make it so that when you attack a unique enemy, you keep striking from same position you came in from. Meaning that if you attacked the boss from its back, you stay at their back.
Could the Weapon restriction be redone to allow for Unarmed?

Would love to use this with Facebreaker gloves and make Unarmed Melee viable!

Players could also get their DragonBallZ vibe going.
removing alt qual gem from flickerstrike that increased its teleport range killed the skill. Teleport range was the only reason why the skill felt good. Now without teleport range its a terrible skill that serves no purpose. And even with teleport range projectile skills and caster skills where probably better but at least teleport range gave me little hope that it is somewhat competitive in clearing maps. If there is no teleport range u better off playing a targeted strike skill like boneshatter(witch has aoe and traumpa built into it) since u have to literally be next to the pack to start teleporting onto. There is no smooth transistion between packs since without teleport range u got to leap onto the next pack anyway losing its benefits of being a skill that teleports onto enemies.
Last edited by naveslaiks on Mar 12, 2024, 9:20:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info