Flicker Strike

I would really like to have an unarmed option for flicker. Recently with the release of one with nothing unarmed builds seemed to have gotten a big buff and it would be nice to see expanded skill options for this archetype.
I really hope any staff members who is a fun of dragon ball sees this because it would allow for the "Super Saiyan" build a Flicker Punch that would make you fells like Goku or Vegeta xD

"
papersuit wrote:
I would really like to have an unarmed option for flicker. Recently with the release of one with nothing unarmed builds seemed to have gotten a big buff and it would be nice to see expanded skill options for this archetype.

Exactly why I came here for!

How is it possible that if you are considered as dual-wielding you still can't use it... I mean I understand weapon specif skills, that require an axe or a sword or mace or a staff... but flicker only require a weapon and with hollow palm, you are dual wielding your fists as weapons.
It's kind of a silly limitation to prevent flicker from being used unarmed... but is it really necessary? you can play frenzy instead to do the same DPS, you just can't have the same fun of flicker if you enjoy the skill...!
I understand that you can not be considered as using weapons because otherwise, you could build crit with hollow palm technique and that would be broken, but why limiting flicker to a weapon when you could simply remove that line
Teleports the character to a nearby monster and attacks with a melee weapon.
To:
Teleports the character to a nearby monster and attacks.

It's not like ranged builds are going to start using flicker strike... the main point of those weapons, like the bow, is to keep your distance for safety, why would they ever want to use a skill that teleports them face to face with the enemy? so that they have to run away from them?
Last edited by Grekey on Mar 25, 2020, 6:48:30 AM
Does anyone use it without being able to generate frenzy charges? I wasn't here when the cooldown was added but If not then it isn't a travel skill really, so why have the cooldown when anyone that uses it only uses it to spam. Just remove the cooldown and be done with it. It is by far my favorite skill but the frenzy charge requirement is really limiting in build possibilities. What is the reason for having a cooldown on it anyway?
Removing the need to consume charges would make some interesting build setups we can't currently do.
Flicker strike should be a channeling skill.

It is a movement and attack skill. Cyclone got this treatment and is doing great. Let it consume charges as it gets stages that gives it a multistrike type effect by giving more attack speed and hits as charges build up. 10 like blade vortex maybe. Or better yet, let the frenzy charges become the stages as they are used. all with a very short timer like all other channeling skills for loosing stages. I am convinced that the actual problem is melee splash. I feel it is the main reason the skill can feel jarring. as a channeling skill, splash no longer works because channeling skills have the mechanic built into the skill itself. The only problem i see is abuse from unlimited frenzy charge generation + flicker teleport safety + cwc and spells.

It makes sense since a speed charge is dumped into your attack.(see discharge) a lot of boom in those charges.

Channeling would basically do what flicker does now when you hold the button down, but it should behave like other channeling skills during buildup while still pathfinding like arc. Letting the button go should make you attempt final teleport to mouse pointer location if in range.

current build
max block glad trying to use flicker as a clearing skill. It works and does plenty damage even to a boss but it does not play smoothly. Because of the way strike skill supports work now(multis&splash), you get a pretty jarring movement unless you have that corrupted paradoxica or 2as foil to invalidate movement speed. using cyclone now because it is fast enough and so much smoother. Honorable mention to chain hook.

Unarmed flicker strike +1 what an amazing suggestion

This skill really could use some of the same attention so many of the others received after melee revamp.

Played many versions of flicker. It has always been amazing. not sure if i can say that at the moment.

gem is weak weak, please buff it.

is pretty fun gem anyways just not good damage wise.
"Flicker strike support"
Bow rework was amazing, allowing interactions across multiples gems. Now, do it for melee. Flicker-Slam ? Flicker-AnyStrikeSkill ? Everything should work except movement/Channeling.
can it please get a lower mana cost? with just a basic amount of attack speed and 6linked, it's too hard to sustain the mana cost
Alternate quality of flicker strike +20% teleport range is buggy pls fix its actually my favorite skills thanks :)
"
can it please get a lower mana cost? with just a basic amount of attack speed and 6linked, it's too hard to sustain the mana cost

You can manage it if your hits can't be evaded, and you if have some mana leech and mana reduction gear.
Last edited by Sintactical on Nov 11, 2021, 2:40:21 PM
I've just seen that Flicker's loss of track was fixed, but what about desync?
For past 3 years that I was playing Flicker - it had a desync problem, where visually on your screen you see your character positioned in one place (possibly attacking), but as soon as you release the Flicker button, you will be moved to an actual place of your being (possibly not attacking and just standing still taking hits from mobs).

This is what happens when I play through lockstep and with predictive I cannot play Flicker AT ALL! I instantly "burn" all my mana and my character tries to attack, meanwhile somehow not actually attacking anything (feels like character starts to have 0% accuracy and cannot hit anybody).
Last edited by Krevs on Jul 22, 2021, 12:59:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info