Flicker Strike

am still having DC problems with flicker strike. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can run just about anything else without getting a disconnect.
Is it time to make flicker strike NOT spend frenzy charges anymore to chain cast? Like seriously, you guys made Reave/Cyclone absolutely SUPERIOR to every melee skill out there in 2.0
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Oro's flicker has NOT been buffed due to the fact map mods monsters immune to status ailments. cant use terminus sword to generate charges due to quality bonus nerf. GG
I haven't read the whole thread, so this might have already been suggested. But WTB Vaal Flickerstrike.

Don't know exactly what properties it would have, but some suggestions:

Can be used with any melee weapon (including unarmed).
Map obstacles cannot block flicker attacks.
Infinite range (yes, I'm suggesting that Vaal flicker should allow you to flicker to literally any monster on the map, regardless of what is between you and that monster!)
Vaal Flickerstrike performs X number of attacks (where x is set by the level/quality of the gem, my suggestion would be 20 attacks at level 1 and 40 at level 20 with 10 further attacks dependent on quality)
Cannot be interrupted (as in, while this attack is in progress you cannot be stunned or frozen).
Does not work with multistrike.

The downside is that because it would pick its targets from literally every monster on the map, you're not likely to hit the same monster many times, which means that you might not actually kill that much with it, and also since it ranges across the entire map, you have no idea which pack you'll end up in the middle of when it stops. On the other hand, if you've cleared the rest of the map before using it, it could be a very effective tool for destroying map bosses without having to worry about running out of frenzy charges.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Nov 29, 2015, 7:58:40 PM
"
I haven't read the whole thread, so this might have already been suggested. But WTB Vaal Flickerstrike.

[...]

On the other hand, if you've cleared the rest of the map before using it, it could be a very effective tool for destroying map bosses without having to worry about running out of frenzy charges.

And for find any remaining enemies. I like it.

"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
Is it time to make flicker strike NOT spend frenzy charges anymore to chain cast? Like seriously, you guys made Reave/Cyclone absolutely SUPERIOR to every melee skill out there in 2.0

Maybe. There does seem to be an almost dire lack of frenzy charge generation outside of kills or the Frenzy skill. It severely limits Flicker Strike to certain gem set-ups and gear (like using Oro's and therefore stacking ignite chance or crit). It also means it is incredibly easy to hit a brick wall with this skill when you can't get enough kills or there is something else stopping you generating the frenzy charges (group play, resistant/high health mobs, status immune).

If Flicker Strike is meant to be a skill that is customisable, social, and not for rich people only, something needs to be done about the frenzy charge requirement - or the frenzy charge generation.
Last edited by Aimeryan on Dec 8, 2015, 7:40:46 AM
Anybody using a non-stop flickering build?

It's kinda crazy if you never stay still because it's hard to aim at anything special.

On the plus side you are seldom hit because you are everywhere and nowhere
"
Rory wrote:
Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

Complimenting != complementing.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
<< Stuck! >>

(Not about to read 49 pages (usually I like to be read up before I post) so my apologies in advance if this has been brought up.)

I was leveling in A1M and I flicker striked a few mobs in The Submerged Passage. Well, I got stuck in a walled-off part of the map that had mobs in it.

Not sure how to address this, but getting stuck in a map is no good. Not the hugest big deal, but irking.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Jan 9, 2016, 11:05:55 AM
Im getting game crashes using flicker strike :/ too bad i bought all the gear before starting the char
Songs are like knights. They need to be covered in metal.
Flicker strike + predictive = crash in fews seconds
Last edited by Zat0ichi on May 27, 2016, 9:08:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info