Fireball

Skill costs a little to much mana for the damage it does. At least when you're casting it yourself. I have no desire to use traps on my caster witch.
I am thinking about my fireball and passive tree setup.

1) 6L Fireball, Concen. Effect, Elem. Proliferation, Chance to Ignite, Faster Casting, Life Leech.

In the passive tree many many elemental and fire increase damage nodes. That way, I might also use Incinerate.

2) 6L Fireball, Concen. Effect, Elem. Proliferation, Increased Crit. Damage, Power Charge on Crit, Life Leech.

In the passive tree focus on crit nodes.

What do you think is better or what can be done better? In my opinion the initial 6% chance to crit of Fireball scales not very well, so I am uncertain what to do. Also going Fireball without Lesser Multiple Projectiles is new for me, but should do good proliferated burning damage.
6% Crit Chance is plenty to get something good. It's on the top end for Spells, in fact.

Burn builds don't need to Crit often, they need to Crit hard. Get a good Burn -> everything dies.
On that note: consider swapping PCoC for Fire Pen.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 23, 2014, 11:39:45 AM
Horrible slow projectile speed. Mana cost too high.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Is it a known bug that conc effect doesnt display a DPS increase on the tooltip?
It's a feature, not a bug. Kind of.

Fireball does not deal exclusively AoE Damage; it only explodes when the Projectile expires. A Fireball that Pierces, Forks or Chains does not explode, and does not deal AoE Damage. The display shows the direct Hit damage.

Part of the reason is, generally it's more acceptable to be pleasantly surprised (finding out you deal more Damage than is listed) than it is to find out that you're actually worse off. Of course, the most ideal situation would be to have the capacity of displaying both values, but the various displays cannot currently accomodate that.
Hmm that is unfortunate, i was hoping to do some damage comparisons without breaking out a spread sheet.

Would it not be possible to have the current values display when fork, chain or pierce are linked, but when they are not linked display values as they would be if it was considered as a AoE spell?
Well, you can still easily do those comparisions. Conc is a More-type multiplier (multiplicative), so it just applies to whatever value the tooltip reads currently.

You're only missing out on potential Increased AoE Damage modifiers, but again, both values would be missing the same amount of Damage. Base Damage * Increased AoE Damage = missing Damage. Don't need a spreadsheet for that either, although it is a smidge more involved (read: looking up the base damage on the wiki? /effort :P ).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 27, 2014, 11:29:48 PM
Sometimes i just like to be lazy :p,

Thanks
"
h3rp3s wrote:
Horrible slow projectile speed. Mana cost too high.

+1

Most slowest skill gem and low damage (check arc for example - UBER insane fast and more damage)

Rly slow cast speed and low dps + over over high mana cost! Its like cyclone with 7 support gems... but no dps at all.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info