Fireball

"
BRavich wrote:
Hrm. So does the extra damage only benefit the secondary targets hit by AoE, or does the initial target take the bonus damage as well?

If your fireball explodes, it will do aoe damage on all targets in the range. The single target value is only when your fireball pierce/chain/fork, rest of the time it explodes in an aoe instead and the single target damage value isn't used at all.
If I have a 4L Searing Touch and a 5L Chest what is the best way to utilize these sockets with Fireball? (Single and AoE)
A Searing Touch? Ignite + Proliferate + Conc or something silly like that. ST makes Burn damage completely ridiculous. Works against everything due to EP.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
A Searing Touch? Ignite + Proliferate + Conc or something silly like that. ST makes Burn damage completely ridiculous. Works against everything due to EP.

And what about a 5L Chest in addition to this? Is it a good idea to set up a more AoE focused fireball with LMP/GMP/Fork?
Last edited by Anithera on Mar 2, 2013, 2:25:03 PM
The Proliferated Burning on the Searing Touch Fireball will wreck everything anyways. An LMP Fireball might be funky, I guess?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 2, 2013, 2:59:13 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Proliferated Burning on the Searing Touch Fireball will wreck everything anyways. An LMP Fireball might be funky, I guess?

If that 4L setup with a ST is good enough, what should I use 5L Chest for then?

Planned on running Fireball + Flammability/Enfeeble + Clarity/Discipline/Purity + Skele Totem. This is all doable without even using my chest..so then the question stands..what do I put in a 4 or 5L chest?
I have a question about burning damage in combination with elemental proliferation and Resistances.

Two targets, one will get hit directly by the fireball for 30 damage and it will be ignited and thanks to elemental profiferation the sencond one, will also burn. Lets also assume both targets have 0% fire resistance. the first targets takes 30 damage and will burn for 40 (=4/3 of 30) damage over 4 seconds. The second target will take no direct damage and will burn for 40 damage.

Now to my Question: What happens if the resistance is -100%?
The initial damage will be 60.

-If Fire Resistance directly affects the burning damage then the burning damage would be 160 over 4 seconds (=60*4/3*2)
-If not, the burning damage would be 80 (=60*4/3).

Which is true?

And what happens if both targets have a different value of Fire Resistance?
Last edited by Baki on Mar 2, 2013, 6:45:47 PM
res works on both burning and the fire hit that caused burning. each foe affected by burning calculates thier own damage from burning due to different resistance amounts from each other. if first foe had the -100% fire and the other did not, then it'll be:
foe #1 takes 60 fire damage + 160 total burning damage.
foe #2 takes only 80 burning damage total as resistance is 0 instead of 100 but burning depended on the source hit, which is on foe #1 before proliferated.
thank you!
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Managed to 5L my Searing Touch so I am gonna use Fireball+Chance to Ignite+Elemental Proliferation+Concentrated Effect+LMP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info