Explosive Arrow

I have a question about Explosive Arrow(EA) + Elemental Equilibrium (EE)

As you shoot a EA on mob, your weapon cold/lighting dmg will trigger EE than increase explode dmg.

but how about shooting 5 arrows and staking explode charges to 5?

The question is 5 stack charges of explosive arrow dealing only single hit damage, or 5 hit damages at the same time? (in system)
the latter condition will causes only 1 hit benefit from EE, not 5 hits.

I'm wondering the mechanism because we have some testing results on Taiwan POE Forum, suggesting the explode damages dealing in 5 separately EA explodes is higher than dealing in 5 EA charges, testing and recording in PvP.
Last edited by SnowingAsh on Apr 15, 2013, 4:41:36 AM
"
SnowingAsh wrote:
I have a question about Explosive Arrow(EA) + Elemental Equilibrium (EE)

As you shoot a EA on mob, your weapon cold/lighting dmg will trigger EE than increase explode dmg.

but how about shooting 5 arrows and staking explode charges to 5?

The question is 5 stack charges of explosive arrow dealing only single hit damage, or 5 hit damages at the same time? (in system)
the latter condition will causes only 1 hit benefit from EE, not 5 hits.

I'm wondering the mechanism because we have some testing results on Taiwan POE Forum, suggesting the explode damages dealing in 5 separately EA explodes is higher than dealing in 5 EA charges, testing and recording in PvP.

One thing i m sure is that stacking 5 fuses will deal higher damage on a single target than 5 separate explosions. Especially if you re using chance to ignite, the burning damage will be far superior. In a tiny room, shooting 5 times with GMP could lead to higher damage tho.

One thing i want to know, is how do you guys handle the ele reflect ? I m getting one shotted, even if i don t use concentrated effect and ele equi.

Here s my build :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEEBwSzBVsHYwj0DH0QfxJpE1sUTRZvFxwZLhmFGjgabB8CJKon7SlPLR8xiDbFNtg26TrYO-E8BT1fRtdMs03YUFBSU1RJVcZV1lcrWGNZ818_YG1k520ZcXlyqXNTeQN82YFvgh6Cm4M4h2WIG4t6i4yMdozPj0aQVZeVl_ScLZ2Ana6ePJ_fogCnCKcrp4SsqriTud3AGsBUwfPE9saextjPZdDQ1I_YJNrd2wvhc-L342rkIuaB51LsOOxV7SDvDu9874XwH_Fs8i_z3fZI

5 stacks on a pack of 4/5 merveil or zombies is enough to one shot me if i don t see the reflect off screen and don t use a ruby flask in time to get to 98% fire resist :(

I m overcapped at 85% fire resist constently, but i can t do anything versus off screen reflects :s. 4K2 HP is just isn t enough it seems...
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Is the explosion from fuses considered a separate 'hit', additional to that of an arrow? Will it proc EE in an area based on its fire damage, i.e +25 fire, -50 rest?
In face of death, imperfection shall vanish.
"
deathchild wrote:
Is the explosion from fuses considered a separate 'hit', additional to that of an arrow? Will it proc EE in an area based on its fire damage, i.e +25 fire, -50 rest?
yes
"
SnowingAsh wrote:

One thing i want to know, is how do you guys handle the ele reflect ? I m getting one shotted, even if i don t use concentrated effect and ele equi.

I shoot one arrow (not 5), wait for the burn kill all. If the boss alive it, i shoot one ore two arrows on him again. Dont use curses vs ele reflect mobs. Just kill them slow, even if it is gain the devasting nature of EA.

Vs offscreen death u not can do mutch.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Apr 18, 2013, 10:20:35 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
deathchild wrote:
yes

Nice...
What if... I would shoot an EA arrow and switch weapons to my red beak while low life. Is the explosion 100% or 200% damage?
"
Kwaak wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
deathchild wrote:
yes

Nice...
What if... I would shoot an EA arrow and switch weapons to my red beak while low life. Is the explosion 100% or 200% damage?

I think it will be 200%..
Because if you shooting EA at mob and converting the mob to allies by conversion Trap before explosion, you can kill yourself and also party members, lol
i'm trying to make a dual totem explosive arrow build but the problem i'm having is that the charge duration keeps refreshing even with 5 stacks of fuses. this is keeping my arrows from ever exploding. could we please change the skill so that the fuses explode after the 5th fuse?

ps

also, i can verify that frequently the fuses do not detonate on the mobs. i have verified that this is not a graphical issue as some people have stated in this thread by monitoring the mobs health pool after ceasing fire of explosive arrows it will not drop and the arrows remain intact.
Last edited by GFED on Apr 21, 2013, 10:21:48 AM
"
SnowingAsh wrote:
"
Kwaak wrote:

I think it will be 200%..

It is 200%. I tested it.
The only problem is switching weapons lags somehow on my laptop.
I think totems would solve this problem. Let a totem shoot 5 charges. Switch weapon. Totem stops spamming. Wait a second for explosion. Switch weapon. Totem starts spamming again. And repeat.
The lag is that I spam arrows and press X shortly after. I notice that I get a few arrows more (Quil Rain) and no weapon switch. So what I do now is wait 0.5 seconds and press X. But thats not very cool to do and with loads of mobs this mechanism fails because of playing stress ;)
"
Kaw wrote:
---I think totems would solve this problem. Let a totem shoot 5 charges. Switch weapon. Totem stops spamming. Wait a second for explosion. Switch weapon. Totem starts spamming again. And repeat.---
i snipped to important stuff and underlined genius for everyone to see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info