Explosive Arrow

"
sylvancabal wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the quality EA gem not working correctly? I use a chance to ignite with a reg EA gem on my main attack and it ignites much more frequently than when it is the qual EA (8%) and the chance to ignite. The char sheet displays the correct ignite chance (chance to ignite % + qual EA bonus) but it ignites drastically less than the regular gem set up. Any idea why this is or has anyone else noticed this?

I can pretty much guarantee you're not able to properly discern the difference between having +8% and not, without having hard data. You'll need a lot of proper testing and data to prove that. Having a 20% gem, I have not seen anything that would suggest my ignite chance is lower than CTI gem alone, but I have never formally tested it.
"
kavinux wrote:
this skill is broken. Can get 200k reflect free aoe dmg with only a 4l at lvl 20 gems with 90points invested and still have decent survivability

Link a tree please
If a target has 5 charges on him, does the damage get calculated 5 times or 1 time? In particular, this is important to me for the following cases:

1)Will Elemental Equilibrium buff all the charges, or just the first?
2)Will Arctic Armour will help with prevent fire reflect 5 times or once?
3)Does ignite chance count separately for each charge, or will you have 5 chances?

Also, how does Point Blank interact with the explosion? (If at all, since the explosion is considered a projectile, but maybe not a projectile attack.)

Thanks! In the meantime I will browse to try and answer this myself.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Jun 10, 2013, 11:20:44 PM
It's one explosion. PB doesn't apply.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 11, 2013, 6:15:55 AM
I was wondering if I could get a clarification on the crit mechanics of the explosion.

I know that bow crit passives such as Lethality and local crit mods do not apply. Does the global crit chance/ multiplier on items such as Deaths Harp work? How about just normal crit passives on the skill tree?

Thanks very much.
How does added lightning damage work? When the arrow initially hits the target? When it explodes? Both? Do the charges get stored and stack like the explosion?
"
Elvok wrote:
I was wondering if I could get a clarification on the crit mechanics of the explosion.

I know that bow crit passives such as Lethality and local crit mods do not apply. Does the global crit chance/ multiplier on items such as Deaths Harp work? How about just normal crit passives on the skill tree?

Thanks very much.

Global works. Passives are global unless specific otherwise.

"
Zindax wrote:
How does added lightning damage work? When the arrow initially hits the target? When it explodes? Both? Do the charges get stored and stack like the explosion?

Applies to each arrow like every other attack and once for the explosion.
"
lososthefish wrote:
Could the tooltip say that max fuse charge is 5? It is a hidden mechanic.

there is a lot of hidden mechanics per example you can trigger the explosion by dealing damage with a non EA arrow

"
Vipermagi wrote:

but it does

"
Sammael wrote:
"
lososthefish wrote:
Could the tooltip say that max fuse charge is 5? It is a hidden mechanic.

there is a lot of hidden mechanics per example you can trigger the explosion by dealing damage with a non EA arrow

"
Vipermagi wrote:

but it does

PB only works on projectile attacks. The explosion is not considered an attack and so PB wont affect that portion of the damage dealt.
I am wondering if life gain on hit works both with the hit and explosion??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info