Explosive Arrow

Hello there,

please give Explosive Arrow more love poe Team.

so it become mutch better in playstyle, doesnt Need more Damage but mutch less mana Costs and a new Animations and some extra stats like shoots 4-7 aditional arrows like lighning stike for melee or powersiphon for wands, Explosive Arrow for bows.

and a direct Explosion at contact, physical and fire Damage Gem.

ragards
JeckNoTree
A
Hi,

I'm currently running an EA miner and I am very much enjoying the playstyle. Haven't had enough time to really gear it up yet, but the single hit damage potential is incredible, as is the ignite potential. It's a really fun goal working towards maximizing that 5-fuse damage.

I have a question though: I've noticed that the EA explosion sometimes doesn't deal damage to the mob to which the fuses are applied. Is this because they are dodging the hit? Or does the explosion use accuracy to determine whether the explosion hits (and if so, is this really intended)?

From reading this thread and checking poe.ninja, I guess I'm one of very few people who really enjoy this skill. That isn't to say it can't be improved (although I have no complaints in particular). Just please don't change the basic mechanics (regular arrow hit applies fuses which stack -> fuses explode doing 1 hit), since this is what makes the skill so unique, giving it a playstyle of its own.

Cheers!
can Explosive Arrow get a rework please?
this skill Looks not "up to date" can u guys plase consider to do so?

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Will the Crit Multiplier from Deaths Harp apply to the fuses, or, well, not?
Death's Harp has local critical strike multiplier, meaning it only applies to that weapon. The fuses' explosions are not weapon damage, so will not be affected
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Also, will Point Blank affect it? I suppose it does not, it's no attack, but I'm not sure. What about Chin Sol?
Point Blank and Chin Sol both apply to projectile weapon damage, which the fuses' explosions are not (they're projectile, non-weapon damage).

With 3.9 making Explosive Arrow's explosion count as weapon damage, will the explosion be affected by Point Blank and Chin Sol? If so, how will the skill take into account distance for calculating damage? E.g., is it

1. The distance traveled from the source of the arrow until it makes contact and becomes stuck in the monster, or

2. The distance between the source of the arrow and the arrow at the moment of explosion?

If 2, then would it be the case that the player can fire an arrow outside the range of Chin Sol's bonus damage range (>20 units), then run up to the monster so that when the arrow explodes, the explosion gets the 50% more bonus damage?
Last edited by Dangief on Dec 6, 2019, 7:50:48 AM
AOE is way too small on EA

It feels terrible

It needs way more AOE
"
Dangief wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Will the Crit Multiplier from Deaths Harp apply to the fuses, or, well, not?
Death's Harp has local critical strike multiplier, meaning it only applies to that weapon. The fuses' explosions are not weapon damage, so will not be affected
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Also, will Point Blank affect it? I suppose it does not, it's no attack, but I'm not sure. What about Chin Sol?
Point Blank and Chin Sol both apply to projectile weapon damage, which the fuses' explosions are not (they're projectile, non-weapon damage).

With 3.9 making Explosive Arrow's explosion count as weapon damage, will the explosion be affected by Point Blank and Chin Sol? If so, how will the skill take into account distance for calculating damage? E.g., is it

1. The distance traveled from the source of the arrow until it makes contact and becomes stuck in the monster, or

2. The distance between the source of the arrow and the arrow at the moment of explosion?

If 2, then would it be the case that the player can fire an arrow outside the range of Chin Sol's bonus damage range (>20 units), then run up to the monster so that when the arrow explodes, the explosion gets the 50% more bonus damage?
it was never 2 from what i know.

question: PoB shows ignite from EA to be incompatible with EE.
basically, unless one checks the "Ignore Skill Hit Damage", ignite dmg looks to come after the EA explosion hit, which makes the mob fire resistant.
Point Blank and Chin Sol explicitly care about the distance travelled by the arrow.
How does leeching work with Explosive arrow? Specifically the ignite damage. With chieftain or the lab enchant for .6 fire damage leeched as life it doesn't feel like it is working.

Is it because the explosion is technically what ignites the target so it's not counting towards leech for us? I'm fairly certain the attack damage leech for life and mana is only working for the initially hit based on my mana returns.
You can't leech from a DoT
"
question: PoB shows ignite from EA to be incompatible with EE.
basically, unless one checks the "Ignore Skill Hit Damage", ignite dmg looks to come after the EA explosion hit, which makes the mob fire resistant.

The ignite is calculated by the hit of the explosion, so as long as you for instance put a little lightning or cold damage on your gear, with NO added fire anywhere else, it will trigger EE on arrow contact, then the explosion will happen, at which time the ignite damage will be calculated and the ignite applied, however since the hit of the explosion countered the EE effect you want you will need to attack again to switch it back...with EA you generally attack rather fast, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info