Explosive Arrow

id really love someone to tell me how the explosion dmg calculation is done.

variables being;

area dmg, fire dmg%, projectile dmg

my real question is if gmp vs lmp is going to make me lose 20% total dmg or 20% additively of my massive fire% dmg

and while im at it, how Le Heup would factor into this
IGN- Brokensaint
Last edited by Brokensaint7 on Apr 23, 2013, 7:38:26 PM
o.9.12m:Explosive Arrow explosion damage is now classified as projectile damage and is hence scaled down by Lesser and Greater Multiple Projectiles support gems.

on wiki:
The damage of the explosion is considered projectile damage, but not weapon damage. As a result, any modifiers affecting projectile damage will be applied to it. For example, when using Greater Multiple Projectiles and/or Lesser Multiple Projectiles, both the initial damage of the arrows, and the damage caused by explosive charges detonating is reduced by the "Less projectile damage" modifier on those gems.

so now iron grip scales on explosion?
"
Kritolaos wrote:
so now iron grip scales on explosion?

No. Iron Grip applies to Physical Projecile Attack damage. The explosion is neither Physical nor Attack damage. It is Projectile Fire damage.
So would point blank work then ?
Could the tooltip say that max fuse charge is 5? It is a hidden mechanic.
By the way, when you use totems on this skill, and you switch weapons to remove your totem gem from the active slots, and the totems disappear, the arrows explode instantly.
I have a question about damage calculation for this skill Explosive arrow (EA); Consider the below scenario:
  • You shoot an arrow that applies the explosive tag
  • You Shoot another arrow which makes you gain a power charge (the tagged enemy with EA has not exploded yet)
  • You Shoot a third arrow re-tagging the enemy with EA
  • The arrow explodes

Now my question is this:
Is damage for the explosion calculated from the first EA shot (when you did not have a power charge);
Or is damage from the explosion calculated from when it was last tagged (when you had the power charge)?
"
Metronomy wrote:
I have a question about damage calculation for this skill Explosive arrow (EA); Consider the below scenario:
  • You shoot an arrow that applies the explosive tag
  • You Shoot another arrow which makes you gain a power charge (the tagged enemy with EA has not exploded yet)
  • You Shoot a third arrow re-tagging the enemy with EA
  • The arrow explodes

Now my question is this:
Is damage for the explosion calculated from the first EA shot (when you did not have a power charge);
Or is damage from the explosion calculated from when it was last tagged (when you had the power charge)?

I haven't played in a few months, but previously all damage calculations for EA are based on the first arrow. The only function the other arrows have are to build charges.
Has anyone noticed that the quality EA gem not working correctly? I use a chance to ignite with a reg EA gem on my main attack and it ignites much more frequently than when it is the qual EA (8%) and the chance to ignite. The char sheet displays the correct ignite chance (chance to ignite % + qual EA bonus) but it ignites drastically less than the regular gem set up. Any idea why this is or has anyone else noticed this?
this skill is broken. Can get 200k reflect free aoe dmg with only a 4l at lvl 20 gems with 90points invested and still have decent survivability

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info