Explosive Arrow

"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

It needs a rework because some guy makes an inefficient glass cannon with it?
Last edited by fallum_emp on Mar 23, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
"
Kagari wrote:
He was mentionning the fact that explosions doesn t occur if mob is killed by an icy crit i think. I often play with a freezing pulse friend and if he does kill the mob with a crit, nothing happens on my side, witch can be a problem :)

Only a visiual bug. (EA has obivios many graphic bugs o.O)

If the monster is frozen, and get shatterd, the arrow still explodes, and still deal dmg.
Only the explosion animation not triggers.

"
fallum_emp wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

It needs a rework because some guy makes an inefficient glass cannon with it?

How u definitite efficient in softcore?
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 24, 2013, 2:20:52 PM
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

Any skill built around a glass canon style can have a huge killspeed.

EA is for me the most interesting skill to play : very powerfull versus some mobs, very weak against some others. One shotting Blue zombie packs seems OP, but then you can face magic fire golems. Suddenly you feel weak while a wander char is deadly versus them.

The build of this guy is interesting and impressive, but as he says, you re gimp. 2Kish HP and any serious hit will make you fly. I m curious to see him encounter a reflect mob for exemple :p
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
reflect mob wont harm him as explosion is independent source.

Can some1 say do nodes regarding crits and crit multipliers of bows have any effect on explosion dmg (like Deadly Draw that increases crit dmg for bows ) ?

And which support do work with explosion dmg? i presume fire pen and projectile speed' dmg should work but as this skill is bit different i can't be sure of anything
Can I check somewhere what is my current damage of explosion including for example: support lesser multiple projectiles and passive +x% fire damage? On the skill icon i can see only base damage ;/

And im curious that support fire penetration works on the mobs damaged only by explosion (not by the arrow).
IGN: Funny_One
"
n0z0mu wrote:
reflect mob wont harm him as explosion is independent source.

Very wrong, I 1 shotted myself to an offscreen ele-reflect mob (and a pack buffed by it) using explosive arrow. Bearing in mind I was doing insane damage from using conc-effect, flammability, area and fire damage passives and elemental equilibrium (although I'm not sure if extra damage dealt due to negative mob resistances is reflected). I had a little over 2000 health.

Very fun build to play, but I'd recommend scouting ahead to check for ele-reflect mobs before firing off volleys of EA.
Suggestion:
Stop resetting fuse charge duration once you have 5 fuse charges.
This allows for EA totems and has no other downside I can think of.
Aaah, had an idea of dual-ranged-totem build with this skill and all hopes were destroyed with info that fuses prolong duration if mob is being hit. Would be nice if duration wouldn't be prolonged after applying additional fuses if mob already has 5 of them (just being logical - why to prolong if it's already max and no additional effect is given by additional fuses?)
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
"
Kittah_Khan wrote:
Suggestion:
Stop resetting fuse charge duration once you have 5 fuse charges.
This allows for EA totems and has no other downside I can think of.

+1
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
I had the idea to throw up a frost wall near a rare/boss enemy so I could pepper it with LMP/GMP EAs, but the arrow just vanishes instead of exploding. Is this intended behavior? Frost wall segments seem to operate like enemies for the purposes of chain/fork, and they operate like terrain for everything else I can think of, so why don't they act like either for EA?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info