Explosive Arrow

"
rodrigomcruz wrote:
It's not more possible create a explosive arrow build like this:

Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xArrPuWOqTE

I try combine the skills that this user say in video description but:

1 - the visual effect is different, with actual path show the arrow pierced the body of the mob, and not more just fire balls on the body...

2 - my explosive arrow sux a lot lol, too low dps and high mana spend

Prior to 0.9.12 (iirc) the explosion dmg wasn t counted as projectile dmg. One of my EA build was with LMP+GMP. This video seems ols as the effect of the arrow isn t the same.

His damage is pretty low tho, the actual EA can be way more deadly, especialy in fellshrine where those zombies are the most vulnerable mobs against this skill i know ^^
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
More like why shock needs to be reworked.
Is it possible to at least have the damage each individual arrow does after passives and gear show on the tool-tip. I know I can find out if I do a bunch of math but it seems like it would be easy to implement.
IGN Raikker
"
Mokak wrote:
Is it possible to at least have the damage each individual arrow does after passives and gear show on the tool-tip. I know I can find out if I do a bunch of math but it seems like it would be easy to implement.
The damage the arrows do is shown.

The damage of an explosion cannot be, because that damage isn't just an amount per arrow, it's an amount of total damage for the explosion, which is partially dependant on how many fuses are in the monster at the time it explodes - which can't possibly be known on a skill tooltip.
Would it be possible to simply list all five of the possible damage values? Or at the very least just list the five-count value? (Deals a maximum of xx-xx damage with 5 charges).

As it is, it's pretty difficult to know how much of a difference various modifiers make.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
If you kill the enemy while the fuses are active, it will set off the explosion immediately. Maybe not the answer you were hoping for if you wanted an "Explosive Arrow Totem" build, but with EA as an additional source of damage it could work out fine I think.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
He was mentionning the fact that explosions doesn t occur if mob is killed by an icy crit i think. I often play with a freezing pulse friend and if he does kill the mob with a crit, nothing happens on my side, witch can be a problem :)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Yes I meant damage per fuse not arrow. I was tired when posting and made an error there.

The damage the arrow does is pretty much useless as an indicator of damage EA does because the majority of EA builds use Quill Rain for the attack speed. Almost all the damage of EA is from the fuse blowing up. As an example my dps at level 73 is 20.1 with EA, obviously I do way more.

It's not very important but maybe the tool-tip could display what just 1 fuses damage would be after passives and gear. I know if there is more than one fuse on a monster and then say there are 10 clustered together, that it would be impossible to display the dps. I would be happy to just see what 1 fuse would do on one single monster.

There was another post on the Templar forums that had a formula to find out how much damage per fuse was but it would be nice if it was in game in the future.

I could at least get a good estimate of what kind of single target dps i can do then without getting out my TI-83 calculator. :)
IGN Raikker
Last edited by Mokak on Mar 21, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
"
Hmmm, I've crashed twice ever since I started using Explosive Arrow totems. Looks like this skill is even buggier than I thought.

EDIT: Crashed again within 20 seconds of using an explosive arrow totem again. Guess I have to put my build on hold until they fix this.

Dunno the trigger, but it happened to me twice in Sewer Aquaducts. It crashed near the exit, but I don't know if it's because of a certain monster or something in the environment that causes it. Purely client sided crash, as the map was preserved (crashed in same area).

I recall reading about a crash involving EA totem. About a month ago I had issues with fire bomb/alchemists + EA but I haven't crashed from that in a long time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info