Enduring Cry

"
Drakx wrote:
Enduring cry is too good. It doesn't feel like a choice, but rather a mandatory skill that you must use because of it's overwhelming defenses.

This is not a problem in itself if it weren't for the incredibly tedious nature of the skill. I believe lowering it's potency while significantly increasing duration would make this skill far more balanced and enjoyable to use.

Nerfing Enduring Cry as a means to making it more interactive to use won't fix the situation of its application. As is, it is necessary because (as you may have heard people express) Armour does not work without it. That is why it is a mandatory skill. Fix what this compensates for first, then discuss how this skill can be improved. Until then, EC is a necessary evil.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Make enduring cry not stack charges. It should check how many charges you get with surrounding enemies, and if it's greater than what you already have, then you get more. Otherwise, just reset the charge timer. The skill becomes useful against large packs, and less so against single strong enemies. No more running around like a headless chicken until I got 5 charge.

As for charges themselves they shouldn't add to damage reduction from armor, but instead have their own damage reduction which would be applied after armor. The % per charge would probably need to be greater than 5 for this to work, probably 10%.

And with these fixes, armor scaling would need to be changed to scale better at lower values.
Last edited by Thalandor on Dec 23, 2012, 2:03:49 PM
I hate the cooldowns. Please GGG get rid of all cooldowns on all skills including traps. Reminds me of the stupid D3 cooldowns. Players should be limited by high mana cost not a cooldown timer.

I wanted to make a discharge build but the cooldown on this skill ruined it. I ended up killing myself at lvl 36 because I just got sick of the cooldown.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Still the same complain, mandatory skill in HC but keeping it up probably take up 50% of my attention during fights. 6 charges is about 30% reduction am i right, if charges expries, it is probably too late to recast, and granite becomes my friend.
Maybe should increase the duration from existing passive nodes.
If remain unfixed, 2h mara build is not attractive in HC unless you have got gears.
Finally tried out this skill on my 2 handed axe duelist(still in normal act2), and found it really nice. The survivability it provides let's you be abit more agressive with your sweep, which just makes everything more fun.

I didn't have trouble getting the 4 charges up. Since this is still normal, having maximum charges up at all time is not really important, so just casting the cry once per group and getting one charge was good enough.

It is annoying maintaining the charges when you have the maximum amount. Since the only way to maintain them at this point in the game is to cast enduring cry, you simply have to spam it at least once per group of monsters, wether you\d want to taunt them or not. If you've got a fast group of monsters after you and you're low on health, stopping to cast the cry might be too dangerous, and then your charges run out, and then everything is bad.

I think to make this skill more fun there needs to be a change to the charge system. When you have charges up, their duration should get reset if you kill an enemy, similar to blood rage. You shouldn't gain any charges just from killing enemies. For that, you would use enduring cry. As well as giving you new charges, enduring cry would still reset your charge duration if you were allready at max charges.
Hi there,

i just equipped my level 30 Marauder with two gems of Enduring Cry - one level 1 and one level 3, since somebody thinking about a faster way of creating charges for a Discharge-build came up with this idea.

They both have a separate cooldown, that makes it possible to use both cries back-to-back and build stacks fairly easy.

Since they are both separate skill-gems, this is understandable, but i wonder if this is intended. I think there is a reason this skill got a cooldown, so shouldn't they share the same cooldown-timer, then?
If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
It's slow death.
- Major Motoko Kusanagi -
Last edited by Nydia on Jan 2, 2013, 9:27:50 AM
i definitely agree with the charge expiring issue, casting enduring cry all the time is just tideous.
Last edited by xogonjai on Jan 9, 2013, 6:28:52 AM
how many endurance charge duration passives were picked up?
The "Taunt" from this skill doesn't seem to work. I've been playing in groups and monsters just don't care about it and prefer to ignore it. Would be really cool if it taunted
awhile back i said same thing, but its because taunt doesn't ahve a duration, its instant reseting the ai to target you.

if others are dealing damage or are closer to the foe(s), then they'll still move towards them because the ai is like "oh i notice that".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info