Enduring Cry

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2024, 4:53:03 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
teh_axi wrote:
Is it not possible for it to be instant cast and allow us to cast it while moving and attacking?
No, it's not. The character can only be actively performing one action at a time. That's really fundamental to how the game engine is designed, and I don't think it would be possible to change it at this point. I am certain it would be far, far more work than any benefit we would get from it.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
kungfooe wrote:
I noticed when playing today that the increased duration skill gem doesn't seem to increase the duration the charges last. Either way they only seem to stay for 10 seconds.

I'm going to post a comment in the increased duration thread as well.
This is intended. The duration of charges on you is part of your stats (and you can get passives which modify those stats). The enduring cry skill can't set the duration of charges based on the skill, it just says 'you get a charge'. duration of charges is never part of the skill, it's set by your stats whenever something tells you to get a charge.
Monsters have a single aggro target.
What this means varies from monster to monster depending on how their AI is scripted - certain actions can still be performed against an enemy other than the target, but most monster actions can only be performed targeting the monster's current aggro target.

Taunting sets you as the monster's aggro target. There's no concept of duration on that, it just replaces whatever the monster's aggro target currently is with you. After that point either the monster's aggro target will be you, or something will occur which changes the monster's aggro target again.

Aggro target can change when the monster is hit - every hit gives a small change the monster will change aggro target to the attacker. If a monster has no target it will target the first enemy it sees (and trigger other monsters to do the same), and if a monster can't path to it's aggro target it will lose it, going to the state of having no target.
"
byrrrrr wrote:
With 30 seconds, charges wouldn expire every time you are running to find the next mob
Charges are explicitly supposed to expire while moving form one pack to another. It's fairly fundamental to their design that they're supposed to be something you build up in a fight and use for that fight, but can't take with you to the next fight without significant build investment in doing so.
"
azmodael wrote:
1. Endurance charges are completely mandatory for anyone who doesn't have 30 exalts worth of gear and wants to survive in melee
This part is the problem (as is a lack of things to use endurance charges on at the moment). The gameplay of building up and using charges is not appealing to everyone, and thus charges are not intended to be mandatory. Work is ongoing on balancing defences, but I can't comment on specifics as I'm not directly involved in that.

"
azmodael wrote:
If by any chance you revise defense enough for people to get buy without Endurance this skill will disappear into obscurity because it adds no fun to the game, only chore.
Some people find that kind of play fun, others don't - that's whyt charges are not meant to be mandatory. the fix is therefore to make them not, not to change them into something completely different such that they no longer server the purpose they were intended for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info