Enduring Cry

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2024, 4:53:03 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Only a lvl 21 marauder here, took 3 points into endurance passive for duration/amount and... another thing? \

The only thing really bothering me is how painful it is to keep casting this skill since there is no way to keep the charges up. Currently they only last 12 seconds and it can get really spammy.

I suppose With the skill also being a taunt the constant recast is not that bad of a thing in group play, but when solo its a main... And warlords mark is far to unpredictable (and also high maintenance recast)

I dont know how high the duration can get of a charge with a few passives in it, but it would seem like a shame if the charges only find use when you go all across the passive grid for just a few duration passives
"
Legaroth wrote:
Only a lvl 21 marauder here, took 3 points into endurance passive for duration/amount and... another thing? \

The only thing really bothering me is how painful it is to keep casting this skill since there is no way to keep the charges up. Currently they only last 12 seconds and it can get really spammy.

I suppose With the skill also being a taunt the constant recast is not that bad of a thing in group play, but when solo its a main... And warlords mark is far to unpredictable (and also high maintenance recast)

I dont know how high the duration can get of a charge with a few passives in it, but it would seem like a shame if the charges only find use when you go all across the passive grid for just a few duration passives

As you level the skill gem up, the ratio of monsters:charges becomes smaller, so you'll be able to gain 2 or even 3 charges with medium to large groups in range. That alone makes it much easier to generate charges. You still have to watch your durations to refresh, however.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I noticed that the extended duration support gem doesn't increase the duration of the charges. Nobody wants to keep an eye on a timer and spam it even if it gives 3 charges /cast.

Even spending an socket to get the duration higher isn't allowed, this seems rather harsh to me considering even with supgem and passives you'd still need to cast it atleast once every pack instead of spamming it 3 times /pack.
Whore Queen of Babylon
"
Crenssi wrote:
I noticed that the extended duration support gem doesn't increase the duration of the charges. Nobody wants to keep an eye on a timer and spam it even if it gives 3 charges /cast.

Even spending an socket to get the duration higher isn't allowed, this seems rather harsh to me considering even with supgem and passives you'd still need to cast it atleast once every pack instead of spamming it 3 times /pack.

Charges don't count as buffs and can only be extended through the passives in the charge clusters.

By the time you really need to use this skill to survive you'll already be generating 2/3 charges at a time. Combine it with increased cast speed and you'll cap your charges in a second.
"
Fuuljo wrote:
"
Crenssi wrote:

Charges don't count as buffs and can only be extended through the passives in the charge clusters.

By the time you really need to use this skill to survive you'll already be generating 2/3 charges at a time. Combine it with increased cast speed and you'll cap your charges in a second.

still painful to do it every 12 sec
IGN Crakk
Currently playing a level 40 two-handed tank-ish (lots of life nodes, max 4 endurance charges) Marauder on hardcore. I have a long train ride coming up where I'll have time to write on this and other subjects in excruciating detail, but for now, a quick opinion.

I... actually don't have a problem with recasting this. You can get into a groove with this skill, and get a sense of how long your charges last WITHOUT looking at the timer. So that's okay.

My problem is with how the skill displays that ratio. That is an AWFUL way to tell the player how many enemies you need to get charges. Is there a reason you don't display that as, say, 1 charge per ~14 enemies at level 1? (100/7 ~ 14.285714) That's way easier and more intuitive to read, and instantly gives the player an easy understand of what kind of situation he needs to be in to get multiple charges with one cast. As the ratio improves, you get displays of 1 charge per 13 enemies, and so on.
The only issue I have with this skill is its cast time, its really annoying to have to completely stop everything that I'm doing just to keep my required buff active.

Is it not possible for it to be instant cast and allow us to cast it while moving and attacking?

Another smaller issue is the length of the buff, would be nice if it was few seconds longer at least.
"
teh_axi wrote:
Is it not possible for it to be instant cast and allow us to cast it while moving and attacking?
No, it's not. The character can only be actively performing one action at a time. That's really fundamental to how the game engine is designed, and I don't think it would be possible to change it at this point. I am certain it would be far, far more work than any benefit we would get from it.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No, it's not. The character can only be actively performing one action at a time.

I'd assumed as much but the clarification is appreciated.

I've been trying to think of some suggestive feedback but honestly I just hate the whole endurance charge mechanic and only use this skill at all because there's no comparable alternative.

Back before you removed the passives that generated them I still disliked them but at least those passives meant that I always had charges up when I need them most and could maintain them while just attacking for the most part.

I really hate the idea that my defence is reliant on a short term buff at all, let alone one I can't even have active before combat.

It would be nice if they really were an optional mechanic but they are just so powerful as they are. Choosing not use use them only ends up making a character significantly weaker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info