Enduring Cry

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
teh_axi wrote:
Is it not possible for it to be instant cast and allow us to cast it while moving and attacking?
No, it's not. The character can only be actively performing one action at a time. That's really fundamental to how the game engine is designed, and I don't think it would be possible to change it at this point. I am certain it would be far, far more work than any benefit we would get from it.
Imho it would be enough when the others acitivies could be autostopped, e.g. I hold right click and therefor spam cleave in a big group of mobs...now I see "oh my charges run out"...now I have to release mouse button and wait till animations stops and press the hotkey for Enduring Cry...sometimes this works ok, but often I spent why to much time imho
What I would like to have, I spam cleave via rigtclick and while I'm doing it, I press the hotkey for Enduring Cry...than my char should finish the last cleave swing he is doing at the moment and cast Enduring Cry afterwards
Btah, I'm pretty sure it does work that way as long as you're holding the Enduring Cry hotkey in the downtime between Cleaves. It took me a while to figure it out, too, but it works as long as you hold the hotkey down (just be careful not to cast it more than once, once it starts casting).
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
hmkay...holding it down was too counterintuitive I guess, wanna cast only once anyway *g*
will try that out

€: yes that way it works perfect...now I feel happy xD
Last edited by Btah on Dec 11, 2011, 2:58:10 PM
I agree that it should be 1 charge per X rather than X charges per 100.
"
Legaroth wrote:
Only a lvl 21 marauder here, took 3 points into endurance passive for duration/amount and... another thing? \

The only thing really bothering me is how painful it is to keep casting this skill since there is no way to keep the charges up. Currently they only last 12 seconds and it can get really spammy.

I suppose With the skill also being a taunt the constant recast is not that bad of a thing in group play, but when solo its a main... And warlords mark is far to unpredictable (and also high maintenance recast)

I dont know how high the duration can get of a charge with a few passives in it, but it would seem like a shame if the charges only find use when you go all across the passive grid for just a few duration passives

I agree, and the casting animation is too long combined with the short duration of the charge makes its a near death experience at low level to keep charges on you in a mob, making this skill pretty un-useful at low level.
Which support gems besides FCR are affecting Enduring Cry?
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Right now, Enduring Cry is NOT FUN, since it's too much of a boring micromanagement. Don't get me wrong: micromanagement CAN BE FUN. It is just not the case here.

Suggestion:

Have Enduring Cry be a moderate duration (15-20 seconds) buff that has a X% chance to give you Enduring Charges EVERYTIME YOU'RE HIT. That makes sense, since it's a "tank" skill.

Everytime you get an Enduring Charge through Enduring Cry, the buff duration resets so it's reliable.

X% goes up with Gem levels. Buff duration could go up too.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Dec 29, 2011, 9:42:19 AM
"
markus7 wrote:
Right now, Enduring Cry is NOT FUN, since it's too much of a boring micromanagement. Don't get me wrong: micromanagement CAN BE FUN. It is just not the case here.

Suggestion:

Have Enduring Cry be a moderate duration (15-20 seconds) buff that has a X% chance to give you Enduring Charges EVERYTIME YOU'RE HIT. That makes sense, since it's a "tank" skill.

Everytime you get an Enduring Charge through Enduring Cry, the buff duration resets so it's reliable.

X% goes up with Gem levels. Buff duration could go up too.

It is a little bit on the annoying side, though I think once more skills are added and there are other methods of generating endurance charges, then it'll be fine. Would rather keep it how it is, so you can get your endurance charges before you start getting hit :P
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
:)
Last edited by BAZOOKAMEGATRON on Dec 17, 2012, 10:10:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info