Enduring Cry

Enduring Cry does not 'hit', so it doesn't apply damage and on-hit effects.
Also, one that seems to be a little confusing to some is Increased Duration. EC does not have a Duration, and will not benefit.
Im level 19
Im hardcore leaguge, Marauder.
Im full defensive spec (no dmg passives or skills)
I was planning on making a complete tank based char that runs ahead, especially in hc this could be very handy I thought.
This skill is very important to me so I can keep threat/aggro, allas it does not work as good as I thought it would. For some reason mobs seem to only target me for a very short duration.. in addition the cast time delay is quite annoying for my intended purposes. Why does it need such a long cooldown? and cant there be more taunt like skills. I realize this is a hack n slash.. but some tauntingish like play style would rly be fun and encourage team play.
This skill should be buffed/fixed.

Q: What is wrong?
A: it takes only 10s to last.

Q: Why does 10s is small amount?
A: because if you want recast you will waist ~1s, if your casting will be interrupted it means ~2s cool-down! and again +1s for recast! So if you want to be always buffed you always must recast then ~4s left else you will lose your stacks. Maybe later when gem will be at max level if you will lose stacks recasting will cap up to max, but at the beginning it's painful.

Q: Whats more?
A: Bufs and Debufs should be at bottom screen in the middle, cause now i'm playing 1900x1200 and i cant see count time! i mean while i'm playing i'm concetrate at fighting, and i must watch my HP/MP and when i need too look at Bufs debufs... my eyes go painful to watch all over the screen.

Q: Any more things?
A: Support gem which adds duration not works as-well.

Q: How you would prefer to fix this?
A: Add 3-5 seconds to duration, and fix support gem.

Last edited by bankeris on Jan 28, 2013, 6:52:04 AM
the gem itself does not have a duration, charge duration increases are on the passive tree. for endurance, it is at templar and duelist locations on grid.
Moring!

I'm playing a lvl 40 Marauder atm, and I'm using this skill since lvl 20 or so.
I'm trying to play as a tank, basicly for partying. As i first saw this skill i thought it would be perfect.
Well it is nice but there is one thing that really should be better:
The "Taunt" is really ineffective, the enemys only attack you for about one second-this is not enough in my opinion.

The taunt should last more like 4-5 seconds, that would be better.

The wording is odd -- why xx charges per 100 mobs? There are never anywhere near 100 mobs around, and you can only have a baseline maximum of 3 charges, with a few extra if you spec into additional max charges. The charges gained don't reflect the numbers in the tooltip anyway. I sometimes gain an amount of charges that would require like 40 nearby mobs when there are really eight or something. The animation is also extremely slow for a melee ability that has to be cast constantly in order to get any serious use out of it.
Last edited by engqvist85 on Jan 30, 2013, 12:48:51 AM
this skill needs a buff = make it insta cast and add at least 5sec base duration its a must have for melees
Last edited by Mustis on Jan 30, 2013, 7:29:56 AM
It would be good if the cast time is reduced either with leveling of the gem or with higher quality.
This skill is what makes it possible for me to face tank hoardes of monsters in the higher levels of the game.
Please fix the skill duration timer, this skill is no fun and it makes for a hectic gameplay.

Ten seconds is simply way too short, even with additional passive tree skill points.
No point in playing marauder past cruel until this is resolved since it seems this is a must have skill on merciless.

I can manage using this skill in a single player instance a bit better but in a group game it's really bad. It's hard to see mobs with a lot of players casting spells and zombies so it's not always clear what you're hitting. Once you pick a target though you can engage it for as long as you keep using the same skill, this means the game will autotrack the target for you.

The problem is that you have to stop attacking that target frequently just to cast Enduring Cry and once you cast, you have to locate your target again. As soon as you locate your target it's almost time to cast Enduring Cry again. So basically I'm scrambling to switch skills constantly and try to locate my target over and over again. How fun is that?

The skill should require recast after 30 sec with a 60 sec option that can be had with passive skill points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info