Enduring Cry

I use this skill on my tank marauder and I absolutely hate it.

Since it is difficult to survive without it, I feel that I have no choice but to use the skill, but the whole "click this button every 10 seconds or die" mechanic is horrible.

My current mission is to get better equipment, so I can stop using this skill and enjoy playing my character again.

The real issue with this skill (in my humble opinion) is that the effect of endurance charges isn't exciting enough, and that the current effect is the kind of effect you need to either have on all the time (tanks) or never (ranged glass cannons).
Last edited by ptt_frmr on Aug 23, 2012, 12:06:24 PM
I think this is the best skill in the game. I know most people dislike because its hard to use but it's like that for a reason. It's too good. If it was easy to use it would be boring.

On hardcore im lvl 48 so far and i'm doing great, I reach 70% dmg reduce 75% all resist most of the time.
My build looks like this:

I use freezing pulse for killing single enemies//boss
and kiting when things get hot, its fast.

Ice nova.
rejuvenation totem
molten shell
endurance charges x5
zombies
elemental weakness
phase run
lightning shield
Last edited by olalonde on Aug 27, 2012, 9:19:47 PM
"
olalonde wrote:
I know most people dislike because its hard to use

How is it hard to use? You have to click a button every 10 seconds. I can't possibly imagine anything easier. This skill makes me feel like I can be replaced by one of these ;-)

Cuz I have so many active skills.
and once every 10 second thats false man its once every 4 seconde for 20 seconds then you can start relaxing.
So overpowered yet so necessary. At high level, getting and maintaining my 5/5 charge is very easy.

Being able to stack to max charges from multiple succesives casts on 1 enemy is a bit wierd and goes against the intended design of being tougher depending on how many foes are around. Sometimes I find myself dancing around a group of enemies until I've cast it a couple times to be at max charge.

I think it would be more intersesting if upon casting, it would check how many charges you get given nearby enemies, and if it's higher than what you already got, proceed to add some charges. Thus it's used to initiate fights, and you have to rely on something else if you want more charges than what current enemies can give you through EC.

If you are having trouble maintaining charges at 10 seconds, then get the increased duration. you can increase it to 12 or 14 seconds.

I have to agree with the sentiment that this skill is a bit... overpowered. It's just so easy to maintain max charges at all times, but because of the way endurance charges work, there's really no depth to their presence. Blowing all of your charges for a short amount of physical immunity is almost never worth it (immortal call), and maintaining max charges constantly is just not a very satisfying addition to playstyle. It might just be my build (molen shell), but in the middle of a big fight, I use enduring cry once, and bam! Instant +30% damage reduction.

I think I have said this before, but it seems to me that consuming endurance charges should offer an offensive tradeoff, or something like that.

Also, what about the idea of endurance charges, instead of increasing resistances, increasing max resistances?

I suppose this just comes down to charges in general needing some tweaking. As it stands, you can very easily rack up endurance and frenzy charges, whereas power charges are much harder to get, likely because their effect is borderline OP. Charge consumption skills are also very absent at the moment, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
IGN: Iolar
Last edited by BRavich on Nov 19, 2012, 5:43:28 PM
"
BRavich wrote:
If you are having trouble maintaining charges at 10 seconds, then get the increased duration. you can increase it to 12 or 14 seconds.

I have to agree with the sentiment that this skill is a bit... overpowered. It's just so easy to maintain max charges at all times, but because of the way endurance charges work, there's really no depth to their presence. Blowing all of your charges for a short amount of physical immunity is almost never worth it (immortal call), and maintaining max charges constantly is just not a very satisfying addition to playstyle. It might just be my build (molen shell), but in the middle of a big fight, I use enduring cry once, and bam! Instant +30% damage reduction.

I think I have said this before, but it seems to me that consuming endurance charges should offer an offensive tradeoff, or something like that.

Also, what about the idea of endurance charges, instead of increasing resistances, increasing max resistances?

I suppose this just comes down to charges in general needing some tweaking. As it stands, you can very easily rack up endurance and frenzy charges, whereas power charges are much harder to get, likely because their effect is borderline OP. Charge consumption skills are also very absent at the moment, so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

To get all 6 END charges you have to spend quite a few passive points, and sacrifice worthwhile passive clusters (duelist area). The nerf to IC was really annoying for bossfights, now you have to wait for at least 3x IC cast to engage, or your DR is really lacking (eg: first time merci over fights without the awesome gear everybody uses in their GS maru guides).

I absolutely agree with you that the charges are easy to sustain and the whole mechanic is kinda boring. But as a HC player (mostly melee) having 5/6 of them is crucial.
Enduring cry is too good. It doesn't feel like a choice, but rather a mandatory skill that you must use because of it's overwhelming defenses.

This is not a problem in itself if it weren't for the incredibly tedious nature of the skill. I believe lowering it's potency while significantly increasing duration would make this skill far more balanced and enjoyable to use.

I don't think lowering the potency of enduring cry will help the melee situation at all.

There's a reason we (melee players) think it's mandatory, we get raped without it, armour and evasion sucks (and because of it makes enduring cry, relatively, seem very strong) and we tend to get hit a lot, we don't really have deferral apart from a totem like other classes (range, summons and totems).

If enduring cry is less potent, it will just shift focus to even more life, deferral and other, possibly even more broken/annoying situations, like making immortal call mandatory WITH enduring cry.
Then fix armor/evasion and balance enduring cry to be more fun to use while still being a good defensive bonus.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info