Enduring Cry

Could you use enduring cry + trap + multi trap? :o
I have a level 72 enduring charge discharger. I heavily rely on being able to cast 2 enduring cries in a row.
I dont understand why 2 enduring cry gems have to share the same cooldown, can someone explain?
And please, can it be patched so i can decently play my discharger.

Thanks, with much love.
+ to the upper post.
Wanted to use enduring cry + fast cast, and cast on damage + enduring cry, in separate items, but they share cooldown.
Bug or feature?
Same problem, my 2 enduring cry gem have the same cooldown. It's like if i have only 1 active gem. Bug?
Last edited by Skytox on Nov 1, 2013, 10:46:16 AM
That was changed before release. Cooldowns are now per-skill, rather than per-gem.
If at level 1 the max endurance charges that can be added is 9, what is the point of leveling this gem? Sorry if this is a noob question, but it seems like the increased mana cost at higher levels is pointless if it is really unrealistic to even have 9 charges at a time. A lvl 20 enduring cry grants 36 endurance charges but that's useless if the max you're character can have doesn't even hit double digits.
It only grants 36 Endurance Charges if there are one hundred enemies in range.

At level 1, you need 12 monsters in range to gain two Charges from one cast; any fewer and you only get a single Charge. At level 20, you gain four Charges with 12 monsters around.
"
tedthegrouch wrote:
If at level 1 the max endurance charges that can be added is 9, what is the point of leveling this gem? Sorry if this is a noob question, but it seems like the increased mana cost at higher levels is pointless if it is really unrealistic to even have 9 charges at a time. A lvl 20 enduring cry grants 36 endurance charges but that's useless if the max you're character can have doesn't even hit double digits.
it is a ratio. "for every 100" you gain 9 at lv 1 end cry gem. that means if there really was 100 mobs (won't happen), then you actually would get 9.
the reality is that there's only a max of about 25 mobs possible on a screen, maybe 35 for some bizarre swarm of tiny sized mobs spawning. if gem said 33 charges per 100, then every 4th mob would give an extra endurance charge, per cast.
I think you guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I get that it works with the amount of mobs that are on the screen as a ratio of 100. But I guess my question is more so does enduring cry increase the MAXIMUM amount of charges that can be held because as far as I know the only way to increase the maximum of 3 you start with is the 3 nodes in the passive tree, Kaom's sign, bandit quest reward. I was under the impression that it didn't, which was why I asked if you can only have a max of 9 (wearing two kaom's sign rings) what's the point of having it work like that.

"At level 1, you need 12 monsters in range to gain two Charges from one cast; any fewer and you only get a single Charge. At level 20, you gain four Charges with 12 monsters around. "

^ Is my problem with this, it seems like a very low gain for someone to lvl a gem to lvl 20 and all you get is 2 more charges for 12 enemies on the screen/not having to cast it twice(which you will have to do to keep charges up anyways). I just don't understand the worth of having the strength requirement/mana cost increase for that. If that's the only reason to lvl this gem why not leave it at lvl one and link it to cast on damage taken.

I really think this gem needs to be reworked, maybe add increased area of effect to the lvling and not the quality. Then have quality increase your maximum charges by 10,15, or 25% per quality or something. And thank you Vipermagi and soul4hdwn for your replies, I appreciate the kind and informative responses.
If you don't think it's worthwhile, don't level it. I'll personally never keep my ECry at level one, because I for one really like starting a fight with nearly capped Endurance Charges, as opposed to one or two. I think it's a fair trade-off.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 11, 2013, 8:41:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info