Currency Watch! - Chaos orbs to Exalted [ WB ] [ T ]

I remember in domination it also climbed into the mid-forties and then plunged into 35 something. Bubble economics :D
For me each new league ex start with higher price then they were in previous. They probably will drop a bit soon as top people will be done with their characters and stop playing.
"
coatofarms wrote:
No offense, not trying to insult you, but you're a free market fundamentalist. 100 fuses does not equal 1 ex.

I'm not anything. But I do know that certain things are easy to latch onto when you see them in general chat, on the forums, and on reddit. And I know it's easy and comfortable to believe that an illuminati minority of players are out to get you, and that's why you can't have nice things.

But simple economic principles offer a much more reasonable explanation of PoE currency valuations than some vague conspiracy theory about 'flippers' - whatever that even means.

An exalt will buy you ~100 fuses right now. If you need fuses, that's what it equals. If you want an exalted orb, that's one way to buy one. If you value your fuses more than the current 100:1 rate, by all means, save them for your own use.

But the majority of players value exalted orbs enough to spend that many fuses on them. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

In your case you value them a lot more, so you will sit out on transactions of going from fuse --> exalt until either the market shifts, or your desire/need for an exalted orb becomes stronger.
Botting chaos is easy, thats why.
Guys, once again: It has nothing to do with botters, RMT, more people using the recipy or duping. It has been this way EVERY SINGLE TEMP LEAGUE.
The price will settle down again, it always does. Just wait a few weeks for it and don't panic.

I'm pretty sure this thread has not been made by pure randomness tho... :)
IGN: Kyrell
Last edited by Giveitall on Jul 26, 2015, 9:46:23 AM
What are flippers? ( I'm serious)
Since trading is gated behind a wall of unbearable hassle, who cares?
"
Truper17 wrote:
Since trading is gated behind a wall of unbearable hassle, who cares?

Good luck playing 100% self found. Haaving to grind forever for that one lucky drop....PoE drop rates are designed around trading. Though I don't get why GGG makes it so complicated. Would be a lot better if GGG offers all those thrid party utilities in the game.
The reason actually is incredible simple and follows the same path in every single league.

For the first few days most gear-upgrades come from either drops or chaos/alc. This means thos currencys are worth more, nobody starts exalting if he does not have a solid gear and currency-base. Once this has established people start trading for Exalts and since they have a solid base of currency and good gear to generate fair income they can trade a lot of exalts, which quickly inflates the price for exalts.

This happened every league. It is mainly due to how characters progress. As soon as the amount of currency rises values are usually more stable, except for incredible rare stuff, that can be monopolized by a few people. However even though exalts are rare they are too common to great a monopoly on them.
it fucks me off, people and these stupid prices!

I mean when we started it was 25 or so and that was questionable.

Now we are up to 47... as of last night.

I mean jesus!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info