Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Currency Watch! - Chaos orbs to Exalted [ WB ] [ T ]

Chrome/alt to exalt ratio back in one month league: 300 to 1
Chrome/alt to exalt ratio now: 650 to 1

Lol at this rate players will be lucky they can get an exalt every half a year.
Not sure what the problem is, the prices aren't fixed. This means if ex is 25 chaos and an item is 2 ex, when ex is 50 chaos the item will be 1 ex. Also why are people still trading chaos for ex? Try alchs and fuses :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I am going to hold onto my chaos orbs until the ratio is reasonable. Not a good time to participate in that market.
"
The real question is why chaos is used as the cents to an exalt's dollar. At this point both alchs (for maps) and regals (for jewel crafting and master crafting) have a higher utility than chaos. I only use chaos to reroll a no go map, which is pretty much only negative resists between all my characters.

Who the hell uses chaos?

TBH Chaos should be the main benchmark for currency anyway. It's got the perfect ratio of rarity and liquidity (though the former might bi at risk with higher rarities in maps now). You don't burn through ten alchs or regals per map getting decent rolls, but players who want to sustain high level maps do so with chaos. NOBODY really uses exalts but it's got that "de-facto value" factor to it because they're super rare and marginally more liquid than divines.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
People use exalts simply because nobody wants to haul half a stash tab worth of chaos just to buy lets say mjolner. Also exalts are hardly ever used, so it's solid currency. Every other orb is used for something in some everyday practical way. You need jews/fuses to get your sockets/links. You need scours/alchs to reroll high level maps. You need chaos to map craft or go for the economic gear rolls. But I have yet to use a single exalt in my life other than one time I wanted to see what nemesis maps looked like.
The fact that people use them often makes them better currency. It keeps the currency's value from inflating too much (adding stability and reliability), and it adds some "pull" to the currency from people who prefer to trade in it because they actively use it (e.g. if I'm down to my last five chaos, I might make some less-than stellar trades just so I can get some quick currency to roll my 78 maps well)
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
The fact that people use them often makes them better currency. It keeps the currency's value from inflating too much (adding stability and reliability), and it adds some "pull" to the currency from people who prefer to trade in it because they actively use it (e.g. if I'm down to my last five chaos, I might make some less-than stellar trades just so I can get some quick currency to roll my 78 maps well)

The exalts are used too. Just not by us. In one way or another it's gonna reach in a crafter's hands, who will basically drain the entire exalt pool down. Anyway, it's already a pain in the neck to trade in this game, the last thing I want is having some other currency as mainstream and end up struggling even more to get my trades done just because the currency is actually used often and the whole second guessing thing starts. I have these exalts that I'll never use, and it's the case with most other people.
Don't care not trading what's the point if u got no hard mps 2 run

My 3l blue sceptre will finish merc domino/malretard
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 26, 2015, 1:02:55 AM
I'd say the inflation of chaos orbs come from the easier access to lv 60 areas and the higher awareness of players what items to pick up due to itemfilters. I think many players just learned the chaos recipe with the lootfilters and many more are using it and thus "flooding" the market with chaos.
"
gilrad wrote:
"
The real question is why chaos is used as the cents to an exalt's dollar. At this point both alchs (for maps) and regals (for jewel crafting and master crafting) have a higher utility than chaos. I only use chaos to reroll a no go map, which is pretty much only negative resists between all my characters.

Who the hell uses chaos?

TBH Chaos should be the main benchmark for currency anyway. It's got the perfect ratio of rarity and liquidity (though the former might bi at risk with higher rarities in maps now). You don't burn through ten alchs or regals per map getting decent rolls, but players who want to sustain high level maps do so with chaos. NOBODY really uses exalts but it's got that "de-facto value" factor to it because they're super rare and marginally more liquid than divines.

I think you have confused the term liquidity with utility. Liquidity would be how fast something could be converted back into currency. All the items in question are currency items.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info