[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hello LNB!
Thanks for this awesome spec!
i really enjoy it & and like the efficiency!
I just have 2 question!

I am playing Tempest at lvl 61 with my ranger using this build, and ive seen ur youtube guide, twice, just to make sure i am doing everything right!

This is my first char in over 2 years, and first to reach 61 at all time, therefore, may my questions be quite noobish and easy for average poe players.

1st Question:

I wonder how the evasion is a viablo defense - because when i get hit by a mob once in a while, even tho i have 80 evasion and 40 dodge, 30 spell dodge.. it hits the shit out of me.. because i have no dmg reduction..

2st Question:
When i look at your final skill tree, i see theres atleast 1 socket for a jewel ?
What would you recommend, i have ofc the quest given ones. but also Pugilist, if that is something of use.

-which bow would you recommend for using my orbs on, speed bow or crit bow - at what level should i begin crafting a nice bow, if my dmg atm is fine, but i am too squishy.

Best Regards
Lieae!

Hello,

Can I use Infractem Bow (Cannot Leech) with Thief Ring (+hp +mana per hit) with this build ?

Or Normal Rare will be better ?

Thanks
Great build guide as always, thanks man!
Hello man, u r saying this build is HC viable and even beginner friendly, but don't u think that 4300 hp in a 73 lvl map (as in ur video) is a bit low in today's POE. I mean i was searching for a new build to try in tempest, as far as i ripped my crit EK (With nearly same mitigation layers, cwdt immortal call with duration, selfcast EC, AA, acrobatics+evasion and vaal grace - i ended up getting oneshotted on a 72 map with 5200 hp). I mean surely - i need to play more careful and such, but i think 4300 is just too low and too unforgiving, especially for beginner playing HC. Correct if i'm wrong, i had no intent to say build is bad, i'm sure it's awesome, just clarifying this thing. Also, is there any way to make it, eh, a bit more defensive throwing away some damage may be?

Thanks a lot, ur guides much appreciated!
Last edited by fatelessguy on Jul 30, 2015, 9:55:51 AM
"
szeigo wrote:
Hello LNB!
Thanks for this awesome spec!
i really enjoy it & and like the efficiency!
I just have 2 question!

I am playing Tempest at lvl 61 with my ranger using this build, and ive seen ur youtube guide, twice, just to make sure i am doing everything right!

This is my first char in over 2 years, and first to reach 61 at all time, therefore, may my questions be quite noobish and easy for average poe players.

1st Question:

I wonder how the evasion is a viablo defense - because when i get hit by a mob once in a while, even tho i have 80 evasion and 40 dodge, 30 spell dodge.. it hits the shit out of me.. because i have no dmg reduction..

2st Question:
When i look at your final skill tree, i see theres atleast 1 socket for a jewel ?
What would you recommend, i have ofc the quest given ones. but also Pugilist, if that is something of use.

-which bow would you recommend for using my orbs on, speed bow or crit bow - at what level should i begin crafting a nice bow, if my dmg atm is fine, but i am too squishy.

Best Regards
Lieae!

Hey mate!

1. Evasion + acro is a pretty solid defence by itself, but remember I also suggest using endurance charges + cwdt, IC to help with those situations. Besides that getting that (now very expensive) Lightning Coil makes it much safer. Lightning Coil shouldn't be necessary though =)

2. I dont suggest using the unique jewels, they aren't that good to be honest. You need to get rare jewels that crit chance, attack speed, and physical damage crafted onto them =)

3. I suggest trying to craft a Harbinger Bow whenever you can start to use it =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
fatelessguy wrote:
Hello man, u r saying this build is HC viable and even beginner friendly, but don't u think that 4300 hp in a 73 lvl map (as in ur video) is a bit low in today's POE. I mean i was searching for a new build to try in tempest, as far as i ripped my crit EK (With nearly same mitigation layers, cwdt immortal call with duration, selfcast EC, AA, acrobatics+evasion and vaal grace - i ended up getting oneshotted on a 72 map with 5200 hp). I mean surely - i need to play more careful and such, but i think 4300 is just too low and too unforgiving, especially for beginner playing HC. Correct if i'm wrong, i had no intent to say build is bad, i'm sure it's awesome, just clarifying this thing. Also, is there any way to make it, eh, a bit more defensive throwing away some damage may be?

Thanks a lot, ur guides much appreciated!

4300 is imo fine for a 73 map. However when going into higher level maps I suggest aiming for 5000+. Remember that I say in the video that my gear is very mediocre? With better gear you should easily be able to get 5500 hp =)

You also need to make sure to use your endurance charges in this build together with cwdt, IC =)

I hope that helps =)
"
iTommyD wrote:
Great build guide as always, thanks man!

My pleasure mate! :)
So i went ahead and respecced a level 70 ranger to this

loving the build till now. great clear speed. with a little more accuracy i think ill do better single target dps as well

till then

if you could please suggest gear upgrades

current gear

Spoiler

current split arrow dps is around 10k with hatred and without charges
Hey! Do you think that this build is MF viable? If so, which items do you recommend and what stats can I swap to acquire more IIR and IIQ? Thanks!
Going live on twitch now if you guys have any questions! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info