[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I found a nice quality frenzy and split arrow on my first tempest char and decided to give this build a go. And i have to say i loved it.
Progress was so smooth at 42 i thought i could play with one hand while i took a drink, of course that is when i hit a corrupted set of mobs and ripped before i could pot >< (at least i didn't spill my drink :))
Anyway i'm definitely gonna go for it again.
Tnx for this amazing build.
With regards to your final build; I think it might be worth dropping the Avatar of the Hunt wheel and instead going down (from Revenge of the Hunted) into Aspect of the Eagle - for the same 4 point investment, you get:

"

Aspect of the Eagle
--
+10 Dex (travel node)
6% Increased Attack Speed with Bows
30% Increased Critical Strike Chance with Bows
20% Increased Physical Damage with Bows
20% Increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
+10 Maximum Life
4% Increased Movement Speed

Versus:

"

--
+10 Dex (travel node)
36% Increased Physical Damage with Bows
20% Increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
3% Increased Movement speed

So if you cancel out the mods against each-other, you basically end up with 16% increased phys (hunt) versus 30% crit, 6% attack speed, 10 life and 1% movespeed (eagle). Thoughts? Is the 16% phys better?

*edit* As an added bonus, you could then put your next two points into the 15% physical damage with bows nodes below Aspect as well.
Last edited by Moruk on Aug 15, 2015, 7:02:28 AM
Do we need the life on hit u think?

How about putting in Blood magic as 6th link and running herald of Ash?

Or hatred + grace.

edit: I'm trying to find a way to generate endurance charges.

How about 6th link instead of LoH we use power charge on crit and then we curse with warlords mark for life and mana leech.. Would be able to unspec the 3 nodes at spirit void too then I think... Gonna try it out maybe .

edit: So far I like it... Costant endurance charges make me feel a lot more safe.

Split - chain - ppad - fa - phys to lightning - power charge on crit
tornado - gmp + same links

and curse on hit with warlords mark makes me a christmas tree
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Aug 15, 2015, 7:25:00 PM
For my post above, here is my gear.

I use lioneye's because the 1 fusing bow gives the same dps as a 5 ex harbinger.

Because I use lioneye's I use physical to lightning gem + weapon elemental damage so the phys reflect isn't too hard. Combined with chain I haven't had any problems and I constantly have endurance charges up so because I curse warlord's mark I have immortall call ready to proc.

Note this is my gear at lvl 70, I have not invested any currency into it so far. The 6L was somehting I had in my stash. Only thing I bought is the Rat's Nest.

Currently around 10k dps on split chain.

And because I curse warlords mark I have mana leech there, I unspecced the 3 nodes at Spirit void and took the 3 nodes at Vitality Void.

Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Aug 16, 2015, 7:55:02 AM
sorry but I'm really curious about that 6proj dmg/10 proj speed node next to Fury Bolts. Afaik people used to avoid it but now most of them seems to prefere it over just 10proj dmg. What am I missing?
Burn all the orbs!
I've taken mana leech nodes but somehow i can't maintain damaging solo target with frenzy without mana flasks and 75 mana reserved. Do i need mana leech on items, not just tree?
"
fatelessguy wrote:
I've taken mana leech nodes but somehow i can't maintain damaging solo target with frenzy without mana flasks and 75 mana reserved. Do i need mana leech on items, not just tree?

Frenzy is quite a mana hungry skill, you can't really maintain it single target indefinitely, especially while levelling. The leech should be sufficient for hit and run against bosses, though, which is what you'll be doing most of the time anyway.
Hey man, thx for this awesome guide. I lobe this build and want to try it in Tempest. Can you recommend me some adjustments for this build to have a higher lifepool but losing too much damage? Thx and keep up that great work ;)
Thanks for the guide it's great so far! :)
One question tho, is it really uber atziri viable? Do you have a video of this? My most funded character shreds normal atziri easily (CI incinerate) build, been thinking about how to do uber, not sure if I can do it with CI incinerate so wondering if this is the character to do it on :P
for uber atziri i would recommend you srs. it has the best clearing speed and is not too expensive, as the prices for +3 staffs went down ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info