[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hi, I am following your build quite closely (with minor variations).

Could you help me choose what's more important (mod craft)

Harbinger bow with 372 pDPS and 7.25% local crit

OR

Harbinger with 340 pDS and 8.5% local crit
Noob question, in the skill gem setups, are the 5 different lists intended to be run at the same time in different gear or are they alternative choices and we pick one? Seeing that #1 and #3 both have Split Arrow confused me. If running two Split Arrows at the same time, which do you fire and when?

"
Skill-gems and setups?:

1: Split Arrow, Chain, Faster Attacks, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Added Fire Damage (5-link), Life Gain On Hit (6-link).

2. Frenzy, Faster Attacks, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Slower Projectiles, Added Fire Damage (5-link), Increased Critical Hit Damage (6-link)

3: Split Arrow, Chain, Curse-On-Hit, Assassin’s Mark.

4: Enduring Cry,Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9) linked with Immortal Call (lvl 11) and Increased Duration.

NOTE: Enduring Cry will need to be self-cast.

5: Blood Rage, Arctic Armour, Hatred, Vaal Grace/Haste

Last edited by MARKRAND on Aug 22, 2015, 3:32:08 PM
"
MARKRAND wrote:
Noob question, in the skill gem setups, are the 5 different lists intended to be run at the same time in different gear or are they alternative choices and we pick one? Seeing that #1 and #3 both have Split Arrow confused me. If running two Split Arrows at the same time, which do you fire and when?

"
Skill-gems and setups?:

1: Split Arrow, Chain, Faster Attacks, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Added Fire Damage (5-link), Life Gain On Hit (6-link).

2. Frenzy, Faster Attacks, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Slower Projectiles, Added Fire Damage (5-link), Increased Critical Hit Damage (6-link)

4: Enduring Cry,Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9) linked with Immortal Call (lvl 11) and Increased Duration.

SA number 3 is to curse all mobs around and it's to be fired 1st. Then u killin shit, yo.
Btw. If u feel like u don't mind casting it manualy u can actually just cast Assasins Mark.
Burn all the orbs!
"
skuadak wrote:
"
MARKRAND wrote:

"
Skill-gems and setups?:

SA number 3 is to curse all mobs around and it's to be fired 1st. Then u killin shit, yo.
Btw. If u feel like u don't mind casting it manualy u can actually just cast Assasins Mark.

Very true!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I'm curious why not take Ballistic Mastery on the skill tree? It seems like the projectile speed, damage and dex are all big wins. It only costs two points and the first is +mana. Is there a better deal for those two points elsewhere on the tree?

Note: I'm still trying to figure out tree economics 101 and realize many things are counter-intuitive.
================== FOR HARDCORE VERSRION ========================

First of all, thanks to Lift for another great and easy understandable Guide.

I'd like to throw in some thought for the Tempest Version of this Build:

- Use Windscream (Dual Curse)
- 4L: Split Arrow / Curse on Hit / Warlords Mark / Assasins Mark
- Daressos Defiance as armor: Great def/eva, life, lifeleech, free additional endurance charges, Onslaught
-> Makes Enduring Cry not necessary.
-> A LOT of leech and Endurance Charge generation
-> Cheap
-> DON'T skill iron reflexes to avoid physical oneshots. With the great armor and evasion ratings of Daressos and the rest of the items, you'll get some nice % mitigation and evasion. Remember the passives which increase both

If you want, you can put the curse on hit setup in a 5 or 6 link armor, if you want to add chain and/or faster attacks for cursing. But i think it is not necessary as split arrow will hit a lot of targets, and just a few mobs, which are dual cursed, should be enough to stay at full HP.

I'd like to hear your op about this. Am lvl 40 now, and the cursing on hit works great with a 4 Link setup for now. It is just annoying that you need 3 buttons for attacking . (Split Arrow, Frenzy, Cursing Split Arrow), i'd love to hear adivses to fix that. Cursing with the mousewheel sucks .... (;
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Aug 25, 2015, 10:37:43 AM
"
Violander wrote:
Hi, I am following your build quite closely (with minor variations).

Could you help me choose what's more important (mod craft)

Harbinger bow with 372 pDPS and 7.25% local crit

OR

Harbinger with 340 pDS and 8.5% local crit

the only one that can answer that, is you.
Depends on your crit notes on the tree, crit on gear, crit dmg, and so on ...
APS is also a factor ..
just compare the DPS Window. if you can efford such high-stat Harbinger Bows, you'll should know that ;-)
"
Chickenlal wrote:
For my post above, here is my gear.

I use lioneye's because the 1 fusing bow gives the same dps as a 5 ex harbinger.

Because I use lioneye's I use physical to lightning gem + weapon elemental damage so the phys reflect isn't too hard. Combined with chain I haven't had any problems and I constantly have endurance charges up so because I curse warlord's mark I have immortall call ready to proc.

Note this is my gear at lvl 70, I have not invested any currency into it so far. The 6L was somehting I had in my stash. Only thing I bought is the Rat's Nest.

Currently around 10k dps on split chain.

And because I curse warlords mark I have mana leech there, I unspecced the 3 nodes at Spirit void and took the 3 nodes at Vitality Void.

Why you're not going for crit and just avoiding reflect maps ?
If you go for ele dam, than you have to watch of ele reflect maps too.

A 250+ dps harbinger with 8+ crit shouldn't be too expensive, and using assasins mark gives a lot of dmg on top, making also the crit in rats nest, for example, more valuable.

remember you can do dual coursing with both Mark curses, just see my post above.

just my op, haven't gone for endgame yet with this build
Last edited by KalayoGaming on Aug 25, 2015, 10:51:16 AM
Hey LNB,

great guide. thanks for all your effort.
Now i went with herald of ash and hatred. I got an alphas howl which will not increase hoa but haste, is it worth to switch auras? i think the overkill dmg with crit is massive or is attack speed way more important?

Thanks and have a nice day!
Good evening. So ive been following your build and enjoying some moderate success I suppose. I have managed to get to lvl 69 with the duelist variant but am struggling in 68 maps. I can handle most trash mob packs decently but certain uniques and just about every single rogue exile smash me incredibly fast.

I suppose my question is, is there an easier way to get over this hump? I sit at around 8k DPS single target and 3.6-4k with split arrow. My resists are abysmal and I just cant find much of anything to improve that. Is there some easier way to craft resists or something?

Any tips on what maps to run/avoid at this hump level would help too. Appreciate all your guides man, you are a great help to new folk like m.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info