[2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Bow Build - Crit Split Arrow & Blast Rain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Icarus85 wrote:

- it becomes very challenging to get good resistances with maligaro's virtuosity, rat's nest and lightning coil having none.
- at T5+ maps I'm basically dead with one hit and can't even finish the labyrinth in cruel.

This is my first time playing PoE and I'm still learning, however I don't see how to improve at this point. I accumulated around 280c, but can't buy a decent 6L bow for it.

I played around with the passive auras for a bit and I'm using herald of ash and arctic armor atm. Arctic + hatred means insufficient mana and without arctic armor I'm dead.

Any advice is appreciated!

My current gear:

You used rat's nest which has no life, 2 uniques with mediocre life, you had no life on your rings, no life on your amulet, no life on gloves, mediocre life on boots and mediocre life on belt.
I imagine it put you on something like 3k life? No wonder you were being one shot.

Could have used Starkonja's Head for helmet, could have used proper boots and gloves with 70+ life and dual resistances (cheap), upgraded your rings so they had at least 60 life roll as well, 70+ life on amulet. Could have upgraded your belt into rare leather belt or rustic sash with 70+ life and dual resistances (also cheap).
For chest piece, my all time favorite evasion piece was Kintsugi, as it has no Lightning Coil downside of resistance penalty.
You may have had something like 180% increased life in skill tree, but you did not had life rolls on most of your gear. Which is primary reason why you were being one shot in low tier maps.
Sufficient mana leech should have been one point in skill tree, into 0.4% of damage leeched as mana, provided you had enough damage to leech back the cost of skills.

Path of Exile is a game where you need to prioritize your defense. If your defense fails, or is bad in one way or another, you will die. A lot.

For archers, in general, you will rely on health points, high evasion and dodge chance (arctic armour is optional, so is other forms of mitigation) you can easily reach 50%+ chance to evade and 56% dodge and 56% spell dodge with little to no investment (skill tree - Acrobatics, Phase acrobatics, then Atziri's Step boots and Quartz Flask which gives dodge and spell dodge), which is more than enough to get your character going on a rampage and live through most encounters.
If you are a new player, trying ranged builds, I highly advise on using spell dodge as well, until you develop reactions on manually dodging the spells.
I've been playing since 2013, and I still use spell dodge on most of my evasion characters, it is highly underrated, and most people generally want those 4 points elsewhere.
Last edited by Songweaver on Sep 7, 2017, 2:06:07 PM
Hi, I'm very noob and I like this build but I have a doubt as I still don't understand correctly game mechanics. Hatred, Herald of Ice and Artic armour all 4 take a % from your total mana source. being 25%+25%+50%=100% having 0 mana left for other abilities. In the video I see you only reserve 75%. Does that mean you switch between herald of ice and artic armour or how does it work, if so, when is it better to use herald and when artic armour. Thanks for help, waiting for answer ^^ (pd. great guide bro, good work)
Hello,

Is this build can be updated to 3.1 ?
Last edited by valraukar7 on Jan 2, 2018, 6:50:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info