Item Affix Changes

carl: can you use this rework to display hybrid mods on gear separately?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Sad to see GGG go directly against what they had promised in the past.

0/10 should have stuck with D3.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
"
stzbttln wrote:
Sad to see GGG go directly against what they had promised in the past.

can you link the "promise" please?

last thing i heard is chris saying in a podcast that they "intend to rather expand the game sideways than increasing the level cap".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
nice abundance of tears in this thread
and ive got a question:
will crafted hybrid brackets stay the same?

like, should i divine this now or wait?
Awesome ;P
awsome changes 10/10 <3 GGG
*eating popcorn*
The amount of salt from people who abused RMT and Duped currency in this thread is amazing.

On the other side i'm glad i started to collect alterations for a while so I will craft some cool stuff then multi mod them like all real players.
"
Apokalyxio wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
  • Runic - 75 to 79% (one handed), 111 to 115% (staff) Spell Damage (84)
  • Lich's - 35 to 39% (one handed), 51 to 55% (staff) Spell Damage % and 26 to 28 Mana (80)

Those 2 lines irritate me a little bit:
Rare Staffs have never been popular for casters, and this is another small change for making staffs definitely worse compared to one-hand for spell-dmg.

Solution:
  • Runic - 75 to 79% (one handed), 111 to 119% (staff) Spell Damage (84)
  • Lich's - 35 to 39% (one handed), 51 to 59% (staff) Spell Damage % and 26 to 28 Mana (80)

Staffs are 2h weapons, so their values should be increased by a higher amount than those of one-hand-mods. If the one-hand mod is being increased by a certain flat amount, then the flat value for the 2h-mod should be higher than that.

Sure 2h-weapons offer you the possibility of another 6-link, but giving them 50% higher spell dmg mods should be the least for them, so they are somewhat able to compete with one-hands.
79*1.5 = 118.5 -> rounded to 119
39*1.5 = 58.5 -> rounded to 59

tl;dr: buff spell dmg on staffs, so they have 50% more spelldmg than a one-hand!

The point of a staff caster isn't just about a second 6L, but also about +3 gems. If you have +3 gem level (+2/+1), and 100% increased spell damage, and cast speed and etc on a staff, then you're going to be pretty happy once you get it 6L with a leveled empower gem.

Leaving wands as more powerful on this mod helps them complete by offering things like dual wands, where a proper +3 gems staff is quite something to compete with. This also helps shield users not fall too far behind. Honestly, at some point 20-50% increased damage moves the needle far less than you might think; while a +3 gem staff with an empower can give you 5-7 gem levels pretty quickly, when money isn't an issue.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jun 12, 2015, 2:07:24 PM
looking at these new tiers, it's not worth at all to craft anything new, the difference is very very small

bows gains a bit, but glyph mark would gain 10% phys dmg and from 1,36 to 1,39 attack speed, but spending 3-4k exalted to craft it... is it really worth it?

loath bane would gain 10% phys dmg and 30 accuracy... worth it? no

who has infinite currency will probably craft the new tiers, but i dont see a difference worth to get the new t1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info