Item Affix Changes

"
Faendris wrote:
Qarl, could you please elaborate on on the motivation behind this change?

Given that the higher tier affixes are miniscule increases in what we have now, I would assume that they do not have any significant impact on gameplay. They do, however, dramatically reduce the value of current 6*T1 items. Is this what you intend to do with this change?

I strongly believe that you loose a lot of credibility and support with this change unless there is a very strong and well reasoned motivation.

I like the changes!

and if the few who are affected by it leave the game, thats life.

So i see the game lives and growes. Thats really good.

And if the people dont like it, because of personal profit? Then you learned with that

no thing stays forever.

Good work ggg. And dont look at the crying people.
"
Malone wrote:

There are many other things that can devalue mirrored gear, nothing new here.
And keep in mind that 99,5 % ( +- 0.49 % ) of the player base doesnt give a shit about these new mods anyway. How many players will be ready to pay 500+ exalts to get 3 % more dps...

THIS!!!!!!

but your number is wrong. its 99,95
"
AllanRamires wrote:
"Omg now my stash is only worth 800ex now, ohh i quit this game"

What a funny thread...

it's crazy - some of us don't like being lied to. some of us despise carrot on a stick. some of us realize the broader/long-term implications of this. some of us already crafted their own gear, and absolutely will not REcraft gear. some of us despise power creep.

i really don't get why so many seem incredulous about people quitting. it's a game, if it's no longer fun to me/if it seems like ggg just betrayed us and became path of blizzard, why would i want to stick around? to get carrot on a sticked and recraft gear... only to again be carrot on a sticked when 3.0 comes out? wow, that sounds like real fun.

pass.

"
DenSan1587 wrote:
And no one will miss you

boo, hoo. woe is me. i won't be missed... in a video game. oh noes!

"
Malone wrote:

There are many other things that can devalue mirrored gear, nothing new here.
And keep in mind that 99,5 % ( +- 0.49 % ) of the player base doesnt give a shit about these new mods anyway. How many players will be ready to pay 500+ exalts to get 3 % more dps...

i like how every post of yours is pretending that this only affects weapons.

you're in every thread spouting the same broken, irrelevant record - dps, dps, dps. meanwhile, there are only 9 other equipment slots affected... herp derp.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 12, 2015, 5:12:39 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
So, all gear in standard and hardcore has been devalued.
In 1.3 it was Flameblast or Tornado, in 2.0 Tornado or GTFO.

0/10

from what i can see current 6t1 unless drastically affected like ie: ambusher base etc

is still around the same prices

what i assume will happen is current 6t1 mirrored will remain roughly the same prices

while the new 6t1 items jump up drastically along with the mirrors

"hey now i can afford the old 6t1 mirrored gear?"

maybe not

pay the same for something thats old 6t1 or drastically more for new 6t1
I Just sold basicly all my gear on other chars and made 6t1 Iron ring for my facebreaker char. Takk.
"

and if the few who are affected by it leave the game, thats life.

So i see the game lives and growes.

*facepalm*

yes, things typically grow by getting smaller.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Jun 12, 2015, 5:15:46 AM
"
bb650427 wrote:
NEW AFFIX >> WELCOME
NEW TIER MODS >> TOTALLY UNNECESSARY

1.3 249% VS 2.0 258% LOL
cant see any sense here except something we dont know

not 9% like u think its 15% 2.0 vs 1.3 (243% vs 258%)
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
"
robmafia wrote:
"
AllanRamires wrote:
"Omg now my stash is only worth 800ex now, ohh i quit this game"

What a funny thread...

it's crazy - some of us don't like being lied to. some of us despise carrot on a stick. some of us realize the broader/long-term implications of this. some of us already crafted their own gear, and absolutely will not REcraft gear. some of us despise power creep.

i really don't get why so many seem incredulous about people quitting. it's a game, if it's no longer fun to me/if it seems like ggg just betrayed us and became path of blizzard, why would i want to stick around? to get carrot on a sticked and recraft gear... only to again be carrot on a sticked when 3.0 comes out? wow, that sounds like real fun.

pass.one will miss you

I could have sworn i also heard about gear not be outdated thus giving incentive to craft (before masters etc) like way way before

- dont craft gear it will get outdated
- path of diablo confirmed
- linear progression vs lateral progression (ie: hurrr durr Uberanical better than merciless rolls 200%-220%) confirmed for 3.0

yeah the changes are pretty ... garbage

this doesn't much affect league players really only those who play std. and spent a long time crafting their stuff

honestly im kind of in the same boat i play both the temp leagues and standard

but i was kind of already dividing up my gear to give to the people that regularly still play since this change wanted me to just stop playing quit wasting time since it will get outdated again in 3.0 etc but a bigger issue i had than this new "tier" mods was that the awakening was so over-hyped i kind of already lost interest in it and didn't care that much and this announcement might have pushed me toward it

although some people have said it might be a "tilt" quitting thing so told me to just wait it out so i think thats what ill do

the thought of doing a video with

and vendoring it saying "LOL shit tier thanks GGG not (uberanical roll / 10) Gr8 B8 Carl 8/8

sounded kinda funny

:D

Last edited by Pepock on Jun 12, 2015, 5:25:50 AM
It has been announced several weeks ago by Chris.

By the way, how much do you spend to craft that shit ? and how much would you have spend with new T1 rolls ? Since you cannot answer today to this last question, I am wondering how you can already whine here. If old T1 are easier to get, and new T1 similar hard to old ones, yes, I can feel your pain if you crafted recently... But if new t1 are significantly harder to get, probably you wouldnt have been able to craft a 6xT1 item in 2.0.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 12, 2015, 5:39:28 AM
"
Malone wrote:
It has been announced several weeks ago by Chris.

By the way, how much do you spend to craft that shit ? and how much would you have spend with new T1 rolls ? Since you cannot answer today to this last question, I am wondering how you can already whine here. If old T1 are easier to get, and new T1 similar hard to old ones, yes, I can feel your pain if you crafted recently... But if new t1 are significantly harder to get, probably you wouldnt have been able to craft a 6xT1 item in 2.0.

if your talking to me?

i didn't craft it i got it from jin since rng vs price thought it was more worth it

also chests are loser crafts they never make anything back
(hell i have that chest and still haven't put it up for mirror service or anything like that)

hell while your at it include this too which is not offered up for service
Spoiler

ie: new rolls kill reason for future craft projects if its going to be outdated

you shouldn't feel any pain im not that pained by this the item going t2 i got what i mainly wanted out of it which was to max out res on life bow build unless new cap is now 88 or some crap

im more worried of how the future of poe will go forward

ie: 3.0 introducing uberannical rolls

the incentive for more a type of craft to just craft it is out the window new 6t1 yeah probably harder but the incentive is just gone since it will / might get outdated again in the future

also i honestly see the current value remaining the same but the new value of 6t1 going way higher

ie: glyph mark remaining at around 280-300ex

and the new harbinger bow with 6t1 probably being 400-450ex

---

also the life roll being required level 5 instead of level 1 is so so so stupid as well

considering those are people just starting and they need all the help they can get

honestly i have no faith in the balance team im sorry but it's just how i feel

remember this shit?

Spoiler

remember coe?

remember pain att?

remember block?

remember old acuity drop rate? (imo acuity should not have existed in the first place)

remember blood rage? (oh wait thats being fixed :O)

remember frenzy charges adding "more" dmg? (oh wait... thats... being added)

etc etc

yeah sorry real talk but the track record is pretty terrible
Last edited by Pepock on Jun 12, 2015, 6:20:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info