New Unique Armour: The Restless Ward

Conceptually I quite like the item. But I'm not sure that the benefits really match the "Opportunity cost".

Even if you had max endurance charge or max frenzy charge. you would get the equivalent of 3% life regen or 10% increase move speed.

Considering that compared to a good rare you are giving up A good chunk of base defence, half of the possible life and all the resistances you would get from a rare i'm not too convinced.

Maybe there is some synergy that im missing but think the item needs a strong buff. Maybe increasing the values, % increase to charge effect or adding an additional effect to charges I think additional resistance would be nice since there is no resistance on the chest. Especially if its going to be an end-game item.

"

i think nobody will really use it. it is junk.

It's another useless unique. A mediocre Rare with Life, Mana, more Eva and ES and additional values is better than that. Welcome to the vendor list.

Dafug is this shit with tons of really useless unique which never get into use.
How much time left for act4 update?
Can someone pls tell me?
100% inc duration is really nice, especially if you have to manually "cry" enduring cry. The life regen is also very good imo. However the life and movement speed seem pretty low, but maybe they range from 50-100/1-3 ...
Is this useful on leveling? NO
Is this useful on endgame? NO

In addition, this dex/int chest increases 3 type charges duration but only 2 type charges that are non dex/int are enforced by the chest.
Totally bad and ugly design.
Srsly..., lvl 71 requ and these stats? I guess you can't create a unique like Mjölner which is build enabling every league do you?
I recently thought that the game needs a new unique item (preferably a low level belt with around 30-40% charge duration increase) which grants increased charge duration and can teach the beginners about how good the charges actually are, but I don't think that this one will end up as something popular.
At least make this JUNK on a lower lvl item instead, otherwise it will end up similarly as the Jaws of Agony shield. If these items would be available at lower levels, than they would be useful, otherwise they just end up being underused.
TheRestless should think about this being a problem.
"
Warester wrote:
"

i think nobody will really use it. it is junk.

It's another useless unique. A mediocre Rare with Life, Mana, more Eva and ES and additional values is better than that. Welcome to the vendor list.

Dafug is this shit with tons of really useless unique which never get into use.

Useless unique or part of a crazy OP build ? We will see. That's what I love about Path of Exile, the possibilities and hidden potentials :)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I like that it isn't something which neatly fits into every build, or even most builds.

There are so many uniques in PoE already, and rares tend to fill the gap of a good piece of gear in your average build. Rares will be better for most builds than this chest will be, and that's not a problem.

I think that the huge boost to charge duration will mean that this will be BiS/build-enabling for a few builds. It gives some hp, and some defences. You're essentially trading off it's "unique properties" for a little bit of life and defences, and a fair amount of res (assuming the comparison is made with a very good, rare, end-game chest).

I’m not saying that this item is perfectly balanced, I haven’t thought about its potential applications enough to have an opinion on that. I just want to make the point that uniques which only fit into a small amount of builds are not a problem at all, given how many uniques there are. Shavronne’s wrappings, one of the most coveted items in the game, is an example of exactly what I’m describing. I think this might end up being a build-enabler as well.
To everyone insulting this unique: It's made by a supporter. Calling it "vendor trash" (even if it is) shows a lack of respect for the supporter who made it.
It's better to keep it for yourselves.
Another quality ZAP! post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info