New Unique Armour: The Restless Ward

If this is the kind of unique the new and improved unique development system creates, I don't have much faith in the new system. This is a seriously disappointing and useless item.
In it's actual state, the armor is not good. The only way to get a "small" benefit with it, it's EB+ZO... 80 ES/second is not bad but the sacrifice is too big. Can be enough for a fully reserved mana pool...

Or for a low life build with endurance charges (??!!)...

but there is better choices (blood magic gem, regen mana/regen life + zo), especially in end game.

If it had " gain 16 hp regen per ChargeS" Yeah!

( blood rage + power charge on critical hit + endurance on melee stun ? we could reach 200hp/s it becomes worthy)

or "+1 max frenzy, power & endurance charges" Yeah !
^ this bonus itself justifies the lose of a good chest.

Right now it's not a build enabler nor a good filler to adjust a build. The 100% increased duration is not enough to justify the lose of a good chest, the 1% MS is a joke, 16 hp/endurance charge is decent but my brain cannot find a way to use it efficently (

Maybe my fault? you need 5 charges to use it's potential and it has a cost in the tree plus a corrupted belt/bandit quest...).

This item neeeeeds something else. The base is interresting, the potential is here, the idea behind it is good, just not powerfull at this level.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 25, 2015, 2:34:37 AM
Unless there's something special I'm missing, I'm not sure I will ever want to use this armour over an average/good rare.

I mean, 7 frenzy charges give... 7% movement speed ???? Make at least 3% per frenzy charge.

Looks like another vendor item (or 1-fusing b/o trade at its best), like Bronn's Lithe and Co...

Or make the possibility to craft uniques with the masters to add prefixes/suffixes :p
yes this armor is ... Bad right now.

Bronn's lithe has a purpose, it's the best armor for a lightning warp spam build, the quen of the forest evasion with the movement speed is good too....

a staff +2 light +1@ gems + queen of the forest is good but bronn's allows the use of a shield
but the restless ward has... nothing good enough even for a niche build.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 25, 2015, 8:04:36 PM
Trash

is Trash

Junk

Garbage
Everyone said Lightning Coil was garbage.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Vaagur wrote:
So around 6% MS and 80 life per second if you are taking all charges from the passive tree? And low hp? I don't think anybody is going to use it. :/

I think your forgetting the bandit +1 charge then you have corruptions... you get 7-9 End charges going then it has decent ES on the chest and it atleast HAS Life to scale with your tree!
Also you have to consider the regen you are getting from End charges alone now because EC charges now give regen so this flat regen will also stack with that flat regen!

IDK maybe i just see some potential! You also gotta consider your talking like 100+ regen isnt much when that is quite a bit of regen and its flat regen too stacking that with regen on the tree then take EB+ZO your gonna end up with some really nice regen on your ES without even having to take any regen nodes then take a couple regen nodes on top of that as well...

And on RF that 100+ Regen can translate to being able to afford to drop some regen nodes on the tree and still sustain RF while putting those saved points elsewhere! Some of the most shitty point you invest in RF is making your way down to duelist so if i could afford to not even have to go down there at all because i made the regen up with this chest then yeah that makes it pretty damn worth it right there!
Or just go with the same RF tree and this chest with End charges up will give you some really nice regen on top of RF running which results in being even more tanky! Theres so many things to consider with a new Unique like this!

IDK i think it does have quite a bit of potential! Im not saying there wont be investment but then again what decent build doesnt have some lvl of investment?
again this is all speculation and would need to be tested but theres also only one way to find out!

Dude,seriously,why are you supporting the chest? What do you see in it? You can play end game maps with any chest,even a tabula. This thing is less powerfull and cost efficient as a 6link to me than a tabula. The reasoning behind end game uniques is to make a build powerfull. Allowing you to cast enduring cry half the times you would normaly is not powerfull. A small life regen that i could get otherwise and running a rare chest is not powerfull. RF? good luck when your charges end up and still clearing map. I could not depend on this chest for my survival in no way.

Maybe YOU should be asking yourself.. What dies he see in this chest? Look a little closer!
Ive already explained it and if you dont see it then thats actually GREAT! just means the chest will be that much easier for me to get my hands on to start testing the ideas ive got for it!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
interesting idea but seems incredibly weak. not sure why anyone would use this besides as a skin transfer.

10 frenzy charges = 10% movespeed...

10 endurance charges = 160 life regen per sec...

this armor would still be weak with a flat 10% movespeed and 160 life regen.
the duration is great though.

Last edited by awave on May 30, 2015, 2:04:02 AM
"
Demonoz wrote:

Maybe YOU should be asking yourself.. What dies he see in this chest? Look a little closer!
Ive already explained it and if you dont see it then thats actually GREAT! just means the chest will be that much easier for me to get my hands on to start testing the ideas ive got for it!

we understand but no, you will do better with a build not focused on this armor, otherwise you will only reduce your potential.

160 hp/s is not a build enabler, 100% charges duration is not a build enabler.

Blood dance boots give ~400-500 HP/S with 9 frenzy charges.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 30, 2015, 8:44:38 AM
Not sure if many people know that Doedre's Elixer has been buffed but this chest seems to be made to synergize with it. The new Doedre's Elixer is quite amazing and with 100% increased duration, it makes it even better. That said the other mods are quite weak, maybe if it had like 20 ele resist all or something it would be better but as is, its not really a solid option.
Last edited by PhoenixFlame on May 30, 2015, 2:14:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info