I'm Surprised to Find that Melee is Easy

"
Chundadragon wrote:
I linked you a build with armor, evasion, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, HoO and nice DPS.

you did.
and though I didn't really get to look into it thoroughly, it probably is beyond my scope of capabilities in terms of gear and quality of gems.
90% of what the Build Forums have, is.

which is why I am such a strong advocate of such a shitty keystone.
it really is with that massive drawback, but I literally can't afford stacking multiple defenses to satisfactory levels, all at once, like you or Snorkle.
so I do what I can to still play melee, because I love melee. and I take US on an armor build because desync butchers me constantly, and Stun would likely butcher me without it.

it's almost a Phobia by now, but one I am willing to try overcome now that Snorkle updated on that resync change.
not sooner than my latest ranged builds, though.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I can highly recommend Etup's stream when he decides to play again (next league probably), it showed the level by level progress of his 2h striker in a new league with no pre-existing gear in the league and his improvement.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
@BearCares

Details of your build and gear would be nice. Otherwise it's easy to discard this thread as trolling.
IGN: lookaway, remurdered
"
mmmonsterkill wrote:
@BearCares

Details of your build and gear would be nice. Otherwise it's easy to discard this thread as trolling.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but sure why not? The build is fluid as the gear is capable of many things. And I just play around and do whatever I feel like for the moment. Sometimes I cyclone, others leapslam, sometimes static strike, sometimes throw in Cast on Melee Kill just for fun. It really doesn't matter as they all have similar clear speed. And still trying to link that staff =p

I could try to get better gear rings, belt, and glove, but I have no plans of attempting atziri and this stuff does fine in maps so far.

Gear:
Spoiler
Annnnnd there it is super troll
I need a signature to look legit
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
Annnnnd there it is super troll

and if you're accusing me, how am I trolling again? My mind doesn't operate on such a meta reddit level so you'll have to speak plainly for me to get the message.
He's saying that calling melee 'easy' when you:

- commonly use cyclone
- have a 400 pdps staff with high crit with very high spell dmg too for CoMK
- are using Crown of Eyes and Astramentis
- use Taste of Hate and Lightning Coil for mitigation

is hardly speaking for all, melee-wise, given the cost and particular attributes of your gear (crit is not that common, for example, other than people using staves and doryani's catalyst builds; and the mitigation from LC and Taste of Hate will both paper over some of the issues people commonly get playing melee).

Next up, try using dual strike, double strike and heavy strike and let us know how you go. It may change your perspective.

Edit: and yes, this may mean swapping out your staff and trying a non-crit approach.
Last edited by davidnn5 on Mar 17, 2015, 8:41:12 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
He's saying that calling melee 'easy' when you:

- commonly use cyclone
- have a 400 pdps staff with high crit with very high spell dmg too for CoMK
- are using Crown of Eyes and Astramentis
- use Taste of Hate and Lightning Coil for mitigation

is hardly speaking for all, melee-wise, given the cost and particular attributes of your gear (crit is not that common, for example, other than people using staves and doryani's catalyst builds; and the mitigation from LC and Taste of Hate will both paper over some of the issues people commonly get playing melee).

Next up, try using dual strike, double strike and heavy strike and let us know how you go. It may change your perspective.

Edit: and yes, this may mean swapping out your staff and trying a non-crit approach.

What he said
It would be like me posting a thread saying "Rangers are the tankiest characters without AA, MoM, Acrobatics, or Ondar's Guile"

Then 12 pages in I post this gear

Last edited by Hunt8722 on Mar 17, 2015, 9:10:34 PM
Apparently you should play melee with blue items only and stick your head in palace dominus ass without armor,flasks, end charges, ic,.. and kill him while watching tv :)

He has decent gear, so what? After 3 months in league i didn't expect nothing less.
Ofc ranged/casters are easier to play, but melee is far from garbage like players think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info