I'm Surprised to Find that Melee is Easy

Flicker strike clears damn fast once you get the dps high enough but its mechanics are a bit unique among melee skills.
Fastest clearing melee is either flicker multi splash or reave multi inc aoe.

With whirling blades to travel between packs.

It's going to be a crit dagger (or maybe staff, lol) in it's purest from.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
ventiman wrote:
posts 550+ 2h dps weapon few days ago
...now melee is easy

btw beacares your alltime favorite is beyond league isnt hard while admitting you hide in a party and your followup i died fighting merc merveil SOLO

you have sodium quality thats for sure

I was talking about the game and you want to make things personal. It's cool if you don't like me, though I'm at a disadvantage, asI honestly don't have the first clue about you whatsoever. I honestly never noticed you before one way or the other. But the most I play in parties is like 1% of the time. So I'm pretty sure at least part of your disdain for me is misdirected.

And I asked at the end, "Am I wrong?" Because I wanted to know if I was wrong. (imagine that)

Anyways I'm at level 75 and the game's never been easier. Never cleared faster. The highest map I've done is a 81% quantity level 71 that I cleared at level 60. But I haven't gotten any higher map drop than that so far. The rest of the maps I've done are just absolutely effortless.

Atm I avoid physical reflect maps because they are dangerous to me but I could change my gems so that they weren't, but I haven't bothered with that. And I avoid maps with 90% + x damage because it makes me desync if I ever happen to get stunned.
Melee is fine.I was playing crit hegemony era static strike in bloodlines,managed to get to lv 95,then i leap slamed into a pack of frost bears(packsize map and extra dmg) like idiot and died.DPS was crazy,like 75-80k with powercharges and taste of hate flask,in parties with aurabot almost like 100k.Almost 7k life,acro,phase acro,extra 16% spell dodge from atziri's step and like 12% chance to block from staff,vaal packt,reflect immune.
Last edited by And1111 on Mar 6, 2015, 6:55:02 PM
Melee is mostly fine and can get some pretty sick clear speeds.

Only problem with it is when you run into a pack or enemy that is incredibly dangerous. With ranged you can keep your distance and use the travel time between the enemy and you as a buffer to react to whatever lethal stuff might be coming at you. With melee you really can't do anything except just jump right in and hope that you can facetank it.

This is particularly a problem with the big end-game map bosses who are both incredibly lethal and almost impossible to avoid damage from (except Vaal Oversoul, he's pretty well-designed).

Of course if you've got 85%+ resists, CwDT linked to 6+ second immortal call, and 6k life you can probably face-tank just about anything so the downsides become a bit moot.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I'm currently lvl49 and just reached Merciless Merveil with 1300HP(i can't even believe it myself :D), without even dying once. Dodge/Evasion melee is too strong apparently. I also noticed that Aurumvorax is really strong when leveling. That 58% all res combined with Goldrim makes the leveling part so easy. Since I'm not bothered with Resistance at all, I can go full damage and rekt everything.

After a long time I can say that I missed playing Melee.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Easy content is easy till you do hard content? Who woulda thunk?!
"
Anyways I'm at level 75 and the game's never been easier. Never cleared faster. The highest map I've done is a 81% quantity level 71 that I cleared at level 60. But I haven't gotten any higher map drop than that so far. The rest of the maps I've done are just absolutely effortless.

Well... that pretty much explains everything.

It's true, melee isn't as bad as many people make it out to be, but it will always be slower than ranged builds can be.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 7, 2015, 1:40:12 AM
I understand the point that melee is underpowered compared to ranged for ultra-lategame content, where everything hits like a Mack truck. Really, I do.

What I don't understand is how players view such content as "the game," and if you're taking a character to 75 you're not playing "the game." Elitist much?

If you want to be real with yourselves, you guys aren't referring to endgame content. You're referring to post-game content.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I understand the point that melee is underpowered compared to ranged for ultra-lategame content, where everything hits like a Mack truck. Really, I do.

What I don't understand is how players view such content as "the game," and if you're taking a character to 75 you're not playing "the game." Elitist much?

If you want to be real with yourselves, you guys aren't referring to endgame content. You're referring to post-game content.

Elitist?

You can get to 75 casually playing in a week if you aren't brand new and even then it's not hard.

If you want to be real, END game content is you know, the end of the game. Not end of act 3 after you kill dominus. The highest level, hardest map is end game in this case uber atziri.

post-game content doesn't make sense considering it's not after the game, wut? I didn't realize maps weren't part of this game, my mind is blown.
Last edited by tatapye on Mar 7, 2015, 3:37:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info