SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
Arthikas wrote:

@ SR: had a guildie ask what my DPS is, where he said LMP would be better in this build because GMP can only single-target with 3 beams and the other 2 beams don't do much. So he calcs GMP/Incin DPS as Tooltip *3*4, where AFAIK correctly it should be TT *5*4, as mentioned earlier. My argument was that while just 3 beams can hit ST, the other 2 damage mobs behind/to the side and thus must be counted, along with the added chance to freeze, ignite, shock with the extra 2 beams, otherwise there's no point in GMP. Also, I don't see any LMP's on builds in this thread.

Comments GMP vs. LMP on this build?

It's a long winded argument with no definite answer, it is preference.

I prefer GMP because I already have a fuck-tonne of damage. It clears faster in my build.

Your friend saying he works out the damage as if there were only 4 projectiles seems pretty ridiculous imo, dps is already a confusing topic for a lot of people and now he is trying to arbitrarily determine what should not be counted as damage.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jan 4, 2015, 6:37:03 PM
^ Sounds right, then. Well, he calcs only x3 instead of x5, then x4 with Incin's stacks, but it made little sense. That was exactly my argument to him, since the 2 beams' damage cannot be discounted - it's still there albeit not on ST.
Last edited by Arthikas on Jan 4, 2015, 6:39:42 PM
you can combine gmp and lmp also.
while not much for math and games if mobs die fast enough with any version I would say its a preference and moot point.
I prefer GMP. While LMP might be better for ST, GMP is better for AoE and ST's dies fast enough with GMP anyway. My tooltip is 2949 with GMP right now and everything melts. I dont know how to calculate the actual dps though, but when stuff melts as fast as it does now, I dont really mind what the actual dps is.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I've been sitting in town/hideout the last couple of days, bored out of my mind even though the build is nice and all. Just tired of PoE in general, waiting for act4. I finally decided to just yolo it and go for Atziri today at lvl 80. I had no idea that every mob in the map is blue which made it a living hell to do this on Bloodlines, but I managed with a few close calls.

I got to Vaal, it was a bit sketchy at times because I was unable to kill them quick and forgot that they cast Ball Lightning so that almost killed me one time, but I finally managed to nuke them down.

I got to the trio and started to kill the rainbiatch, got her down fairly easy. Then I did something wrong. I decided to kill the Cyclone fella first, because to be honest, I have no idea what any of them do when they enrage, so what happened was that the Cyclone fella died, the Dual Striker started hitting me and thought I could just tank him but then he enraged and boom, I killed myself to 100% reflect. If I only did fire damage I would probably not notice it because of my AA, but since I also do a lot of cold and lightning damage, it was game over.

So I guess I died to bad knowledge, because had I known that the Dual Striker gets 100% reflects when he enrages, I would probably have understood not to leave him for last :) But thats my fault, and I wasnt really expecting to complete the Atziri run anyway, with my lack of experience in there. At least I learned something from this :) Hope it helps someone else out!
Sorry to hear that, CrazylikE, but thanks for the info. I agree, Acts 1-3 and the same old maps are getting a bit long in the tooth.
I noticed you removed Doryani's Catalyst from your standard setup. Would you say a a good rare wand is better?
ACT4 early next year?
"
USBastard wrote:
I noticed you removed Doryani's Catalyst from your standard setup. Would you say a a good rare wand is better?

I had the Catalyst in my setup because I was just throwing gear together and killing Atziri. Rare wand with mana regen is better because you want as much mana regen as possible on gear. The leech is not important at all, life regen makes up for it. 5% per second is good sustain.

Doriyani's is an okay scepter to use, but I would never buy one for this build. it isn't worth the price imo.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
Arthikas wrote:
Sorry to hear that, CrazylikE, but thanks for the info. I agree, Acts 1-3 and the same old maps are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Yeah, after around 3-4k hours in the same zones im looking forward to Act 4 :)

"
skjutengris wrote:
ACT4 early next year?

This year yeah!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info