SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

[Awakening patch update: the build may come back using another skill instead of Incinerate. Probably as an 8k tooltip ball lightning build, who knows. See you all in 2.0.0]

Welcome.

Here is a sloppy and deathless Atziri Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8phTgFq-Fc

Skill Tree @ Level 90: http://poeurl.com/zatPXVn

Screenshot of Stats:
Spoiler
The damage was recorded using a level 17 Added Cold, level 19 GMP and level 19 Spell Echo.
Once the gems are leveled I expect a 160k shotgun.

- 7518.7 DPS Incinerate. 150k GMP Shotgun.

- 5684 life, 5100 unreserved.

- Acrobatics, 40/46 dodge chance.

- Cloak of Flame, 20% Physical to Fire damage taken.

- +6% to resistances with Purity of Lightning + Fire, 81/75/81.

- 5% Life Regeneration, 284.2 per second.

- 227.3 Mana Regeneration without EB.

Standard league Gear:
Spoiler
(Use a Cloak of Flame, I just happen to have a 4-off colour perfect legacy Coil from my 1.1.0 build.)

Budget Gear:
Spoiler

Ripped Bloodlines Gear. I spent 5 chaos for the chest, the rest was self found.
Spoiler
Level 76, 4k life, 60k shotgun (4L), Acro, lvl 12 AA and 79% resistances. 179 mana/s regen.

Removing all expensive gear and leaving a blank 5-Linked chest, you can expect up to 5600 GMP DPS with Incinerate. The gear posted results in 5648 DPS without Faster Casting. Using a 6-Link Tabula results in 7518.7 DPS with Faster casting.

- 5600 GMP Shotgun w/ a 5-Link. 112k DPS

- 7500 GMP Shotgun w/ a 6-Link (Tabula Rasa). 150k DPS

All gear can be self-found, there are zero core uniques for the build. This also means you are able to use uniques that improve the build - Atziri's Step and Cloak of Flame fit the build well but are not necessary.

Leveling Section:
Spoiler
Bandit Quests: Oak - Skill Point - Skill Point

Level 1-30 - http://poeurl.com/y8CIHaW

Pick up Life on the tree, level as Tendril's or Flameblast.

As soon as you can, complete the recipe for +1 to Gems with a Scepter/Wand. (Magic Weapon + Alteration Orb + Ring)

Try to cap resistances as best you can with gear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 31-50 - http://poeurl.com/y8CHU6r

Resists should be capped going into Cruel difficulty.

Gem levels are how you scale your damage, if you feel weak then farm briefly and level up the gem.

Herald of Lightning is useful, but shouldn't be chosen over Purity of Lightning if resists are not over-capped.

Life on gear is optimal, forget about armour/eva/Grace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 50-70 - http://poeurl.com/y8CKdBp

Cap resistances before you enter merciless. Farm Docks if you lack gear, Merc Ledge is not worth the risk at 35% resists.

If you want resists early then take some aura reservation nodes and run two purity auras. If you want more damage, do this also and run both Heralds. Grabbing aura nodes delays life/Acro which are incredibly useful stats that outweigh auras imo.

Run your spell of choice in a 3-linked weapon all the way until level 65+. After level 30 you can run a Blood Magic gem and fully reserve mana for auras. This helps sometimes to gain extra resistances, use Heralds or carry 3 life flasks. 3 Well-rolled life flasks are insanely good early game.

You can transition into Incinerate as soon as you acquire a 4-Linked piece of gear with BBBG colours and can run Clarity on Blood Magic with some mana regen in your gear. Ideally you want to farm until you obtain good rings and all the aura effectiveness nodes in the tree including Inner Force.

Do not run Incinerate on Blood Magic. You will drain too much life, not leech anything and deal less damage. Reserving 500 life is miles better than draining 250/second of it.

Incinerate - Spell Echo - GMP/LMP - Added Lightning, this makes up the 4-Link.

Gear Section:
Spoiler
The item mods are in order of importance. Look for an item which has 2 or more of these stats in each gear slot.

Wand/Scepter: Spell Damage > Mana regen > Cast Speed > Mana

Shield: Spell damage > Life > Mana Regen > Resists

Rings: Mana Regen > Life > Resistances

Amulet: Spell Damage > Life > Mana Regen

Gloves: Life > Resists > Strength

Boots: Life > Movement > Resists (Atziri's Step here if possible)

Helmet: Life > Resistances > Strength

Chest: Life > Resists > Evasion > Mana

Gems:
Spoiler
Gems should be linked in this specific order of importance.

Incinerate - GMP - Spell Echo - Added Lightning - Added Cold - Faster Casting

Clarity - Blood Magic - Reduced Mana

Purity of Lightning - Purity of Fire - Reduced Mana - Temporal Chains

Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder - Empower - Reduced Mana

Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Arctic Armour

Lightning warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting

Quality Added Lightning and Cold gems mean you freeze and shock twice as often. The shattered mobs deal approximately 2k damage per explosion, just killing the first four mobs in a pack results in a chain reaction that helps white mob clear speed noticeably.

Quality Incinerate is the most useful gem you can have.

IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Jun 20, 2015, 11:20:49 PM
reserve
Can't check the passive tree. The offline builder stopped working out of nowhere.

EDIT: Your link doesn't work at all. Make a screenshot.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 4, 2014, 5:51:53 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
Can't check the passive tree. The offline builder stopped working out of nowhere.

EDIT: Your link doesn't work at all. Make a screenshot.

okay, I'll do that for you. I can copy/paste the tree stats to help too. Thanks for telling me.

Edit: Done.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 4, 2014, 6:01:30 PM
I'll be keeping a very close eye on this build. You might just be goddamn saviour.

What weapon/off-hand would you suggest for this build? Depending on how block chance/shields are in 1.3 the classic Cybil's Paw combo might not make the cut anymore. Fingers crossed it still does, though.
Last edited by MrTastix on Dec 4, 2014, 8:26:47 PM
You could upload the right side of the build and include a leveling guide for those who would start from the beginning.
If you could explain what skill gems from quest rewards you would use and why - would be also great.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
"
hellzer wrote:
You could upload the right side of the build and include a leveling guide for those who would start from the beginning.
If you could explain what skill gems from quest rewards you would use and why - would be also great.

Hmm, if you are on a mobile device I can understand if you can't see the right half of the tree. On PC it's scrollable using the middle mouse button. When I uploaded a thumbnail sized shot the tree was unviewable due to the scaled down quality.

Leveling seems like a reasonable addition, only I can't tell you for sure because the nodes on the tree are still subject to some changes. I didn't want to jump the gun and create a full on guide when the build is still in it's early stages. If all goes well, expect a leveling guide, tree and quest rewards section. :)
"
MrTastix wrote:
I'll be keeping a very close eye on this build. You might just be goddamn saviour.

What weapon/off-hand would you suggest for this build? Depending on how block chance/shields are in 1.3 the classic Cybil's Paw combo might not make the cut anymore. Fingers crossed it still does, though.

Cybil's wouldn't benefit this setup much to be honest. Low ass block chance and 30% less from Acro. I would simply go high spell damage wand/sceptre, Rathpith globe or rare shield with similar stats and late game save up for a Prism Guardian for Clarity. You get a level 21 Clarity out it, 300 less life reserved and a boat load of resistances. It's all preference, if I were in a SC league I would likely skip the Prism shield and get a life/spell damage/regen rare shield and go max dps. For now, the choice is wide open.
my bad i keep watching wrong skill tree and post this topic .... >.<
Last edited by inlov on Dec 9, 2014, 5:33:19 AM
my bad i keep watching wrong skill tree and post this topic .... >.<
Last edited by inlov on Dec 9, 2014, 5:33:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info