SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

picked up this staff for 1c in the 1m race. Is it worth using over a scepter/shield?

Spoiler
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Since the only Fire gems you'll link in it will be Incinerate, I'd say go with separates or at least a more appropriate 2H. You don't need the Phys, Attack, and Acc in this build; more useful would be Mana Regen, Cast Sp, extra Spell Dmg, Max Life, Max Mana, etc. You'd lose too much of those needed stats for the +2 level to Incin to overcome.
Last edited by Arthikas on Mar 31, 2015, 1:26:53 PM
"
Arthikas wrote:
Since the only Fire gems you'll link in it will be Incinerate, I'd say go with separates or at least a more appropriate 2H. You don't need the Phys, Attack, and Acc in this build; more useful would be Mana Regen, Cast Sp, extra Spell Dmg, Max Life, Max Mana, etc. You'd lose too much of those needed stats for the +2 level to Incin to overcome.

Well i can always master craft the cast speed on it. For 1c i think this staff can do some solid dps until i can get a 5L chest.
Well i'm still running in HC 1month level 64.
Here are my gears:

Spoiler

Already killed piety and i can pretty easy solo all areas like docks / catacombs / lunaris without many troubles except two:

1/ Physical damage are a pain even with cloak of flame and arctic armour cause i can't afford / find on poe trade really better gears almost ripped two times against them and it's not a good time.

2/ Mana regen when taking Inner Force ( same problem it's relevant to gears i have atm :D )
Inner force affect mana drained from arctic armour soo at this level there is a big gap cause if you want to run so many mana regen you need to afford gears that could cost a bit more than what you expect when running a build for a 1month league start :)

Additional notes: as u can see i run a 4L dps is around 1600 and seriously it's boring all monsters just burn in 0.3sec. I can't imagine what it will when this character will back to standard and wear my stashed gears.

Very nice build ! :)

Edit: Rip at 69 with a 10 auras party 3.9kHP ( unreserved ) / CWDT setup in a 66 maps due to a desync in a poison cloud. I had chaos resist but not enough at all and i've forgot to alt + F4 ( seems to still the only way to play HC leagues isn't it ? ).
Now before uninstall my feedback on build still the same it's a really good and safe to go one i wish i could have pushed it to higher levels for moarrr fun and thanks to author for providing quality builds :) Gl hf
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Apr 1, 2015, 4:44:36 PM
Has anyone tried this build with The Three Dragons hat? It dropped in 1-month league and I'm curious to see how it would go without shock nodes.

BTW - I've gotten to 61 with little problem, and have avoided buying CoF or 'ziri boots (I have them on my other Incin Templar) to see how it goes with self-found rares.
Last edited by Arthikas on Apr 2, 2015, 2:43:02 PM
hello. I need help with my character. At this time I have lvl 63 and these are my points.

Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFtQ18Fy8aOCLqJLAnLyj6MHEy0TWSOkI64UGHQqNDyEVHRZ1GcUbXS3hN408EU1JXKVfJW6Bmnmjyb55xhXwOgKSCm4LHgwmLjJBVmjua4Ju1ogCmV6dVsUK0DLc-uJPAGsBmwzrKStQj1abYvd2o4XPo1uq66-7sOO088B_yRfMR-d356PrS_gr-jw==

My Gear
Spoiler

My biggest problem is mana regen because i cant use arctic armor.

I change the rings?
It's okay to use evasion on my gear?

thanks for your help and sorry for my English.
"
smelcami wrote:

I change the rings?
It's okay to use evasion on my gear?

thanks for your help and sorry for my English.

Hey man.

It can be tough getting decent gear sometimes in new leagues. Your priority should be life and mana regeneration everywhere possible basically.

Mokou's do almost nothing but offer resistance and some fire damage for this build, so swap them for life/res rings as soon as you can. life/mana regen rings would be better if you can gain the resistances elsewhere.

While better gear is an improvement, knowledge of the game is by far the most valuable. If you can get by with terrible gear then go ahead and progress to higher zones.

If you feel at risk constantly then farm a zone until you out level it then steamroll whatever lies ahead. This is because your life will be much higher and you would have had more chances for better gear.

to answer your questions specifically;

- change the rings

- evasion is better than armour on gear, but nothing beats life. do not aim for evasion, but take it if you have the choice. Life > other defenses when leveling until maps.

Another extremely important tip is to roll your life flasks for bubbling or seething. these mods make flasks apply their healing instantly which is much more useful than regeneration. ID flasks you find or transmute them to avoid wasting alterations.

keep those flasks in your stash incase you reroll a new build. Those flasks save money and speed up leveling substantially.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Apr 2, 2015, 11:44:35 PM
"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Another extremely important tip is to roll your life flasks for bubbling or seething. these mods make flasks apply their healing instantly which is much more useful than regeneration. ID flasks you find or transmute them to avoid wasting alterations.

keep those flasks in your stash incase you reroll a new build. Those flasks save money and speed up leveling substantially.

Good points, Redeye. Also smelcami - bring at least one each "...of Dousing" and "...of Staunching" suffix flask. Those rapid burn and bleed DoTs can RIP you in no time.

BTW - I've worked The Three Dragons into the gear mix. With no other uniques so far I like what it does for offense, though I'm using Incin/Added Lightning/LMP/Fire Pen atm. It may or may not be so good when I replace Fire Pen with Spell Echo and/or Added Cold.
Last edited by Arthikas on Apr 3, 2015, 3:49:41 PM
I would just like to congratulate you on a fine build, SlightRedeye.

I used your passive tree and unique chest armor during the one month HC challenge and successfully got to level 80 and completed 4/4 challenges with your build.

I managed to get the following gear (still a lot of room for improvement, though):

Spoiler

Going to see if I can get to 90 with it :)
Last edited by lDantonl on Apr 6, 2015, 12:43:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info