SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

"
Nerdicide wrote:
OP, I have a question for you. I'm going to be playing this build in the one month HC league, but would really like to find a way to NOT have clarity on blood magic. Have you considered finding a spot for EB in the build? I have 3 possible trees that put EB in while keeping all of the shadow and Templar nodes from your tree, with 2 of these trees also having more life and more mana regen. I'll post them when I'm at a computer (on my phone now).

So do you think EB is worth it with Acro? Right now my test char is only level 59 and has 600 ES w/o Acro already. Even if I end up with 20% less max life from tree, I still think getting EB might be worth it, if it can allow us to not have clarity on blood magic.

Edit: Okay, heres the build I settled with for the 1 month hc league. As I mentioned, I found a way to stick EB in. So i guess i'll see how effective it is with acro. Let me know if you have any suggestions please OP.

EB and Acro is completely fine.

Is it possible in this build? absolutely

Is it worth using? Probably not imo, EB would require better ES gear, more mana scaling nodes, less auras and a long build path which delays acro.

If putting Clarity on life is not something which you want, I would not suggest changing this build to suit it honestly. Your tree forces you to drop two auras minimum, drop Inner Force which buffs Herald damage and lose mana regeneration.

Taking EB will not give you better mana regen in your setup, you have 0% increased mana and low aura scaling. Any ES gear you manage to gain is split in half by Acro and you now have to find room for extra resistances due to 2 less Purity auras. resistance + life + regen rings become very expensive and aren't attainable for most people who start new leagues.

I would take this build as it is or hit up some of the other Incinerate guides which suit your preference better, but feel free to go and try for yourself if you want to experiment.

Unfortunately you are taking a build designed not to use EB + expensive items, and making it use EB.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Mar 23, 2015, 1:47:27 PM
This build is really solid.
I had no issue clearing 78 maps and killed atziri on second try.
Made 90 as I didnt had a character as high yet.
all on self found stuff.

I go HC in the one month league as the red armour looks cooler than blue for me.
If time permit I do SC also :)
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
"
Nerdicide wrote:
OP, I have a question for you. I'm going to be playing this build in the one month HC league, but would really like to find a way to NOT have clarity on blood magic. Have you considered finding a spot for EB in the build? I have 3 possible trees that put EB in while keeping all of the shadow and Templar nodes from your tree, with 2 of these trees also having more life and more mana regen. I'll post them when I'm at a computer (on my phone now).

So do you think EB is worth it with Acro? Right now my test char is only level 59 and has 600 ES w/o Acro already. Even if I end up with 20% less max life from tree, I still think getting EB might be worth it, if it can allow us to not have clarity on blood magic.

Edit: Okay, heres the build I settled with for the 1 month hc league. As I mentioned, I found a way to stick EB in. So i guess i'll see how effective it is with acro. Let me know if you have any suggestions please OP.

EB and Acro is completely fine.

Is it possible in this build? absolutely

Is it worth using? Probably not imo, EB would require better ES gear, more mana scaling nodes, less auras and a long build path which delays acro.

If putting Clarity on life is not something which you want, I would not suggest changing this build to suit it honestly. Your tree forces you to drop two auras minimum, drop Inner Force which buffs Herald damage and lose mana regeneration.

Taking EB will not give you better mana regen in your setup, you have 0% increased mana and low aura scaling. Any ES gear you manage to gain is split in half by Acro and you now have to find room for extra resistances due to 2 less Purity auras. resistance + life + regen rings become very expensive and aren't attainable for most people who start new leagues.

I would take this build as it is or hit up some of the other Incinerate guides which suit your preference better, but feel free to go and try for yourself if you want to experiment.

Unfortunately you are taking a build designed not to use EB + expensive items, and making it use EB.

Actually, according to the aura calculator I will most certainly be able to run clarity, both heralds, and one purity quite comfortably. The extra purity may not fit till I have flat mana on rings and better ES gear. Also, I plan to take the witch mana nodes up top next to the health that I took. This will put me at 41% increased mana. I believe that's more or about the same as your build? I also get 185% regen from tree, which should help ease up on the mana regen needed from gear. I'm going to run it and see how it goes, I'll let you know. The whole point of taking EB, and more mana regen from tree than you did, is to eventually run lvl 20 AA, and run all the same auras as you but with clarity on mana.

Edit: Also, I should mention that I plan on picking up a saffels frame by the third or fourth day of the league and sticking with it. In your build, is it possible to drop one of the purities, and then stick clarity on mana? Because I feel like one purity isn't worth the 500 health you lose putting clarity on hp. So maybe I'll stick with your build, if it's possible to use saffels and then drop one of the purities.

Edit2: also, i won't be running my heralds with empower, which is why I should be able to fit everything. I will definitely be grabbing inner force. That build i posted had 220% max life. I'll probably drop 6 of the 5% scion health nodes, and get inner force and the 3 witch mana nodes up top. I'll then be adding those health nodes back in as I reach mid 90's levels. Im trying for a top 20 finish, so I should definitely get to at least 95.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Mar 23, 2015, 5:00:17 PM
Do you do a lot of potion popping with this build? Is Life Leech (gem) worth the drop in dps?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
Do you do a lot of potion popping with this build? Is Life Leech (gem) worth the drop in dps?

While the build I'm working on is slightly different than OP, I feel I can answer this. In your cwdt set up, replace increased duration with warlords mark. also, since I have the extra gem space in the version I'm testing, I use herald of thunder with curse on hit warlords mark. Between the two, I get tons of leeching going on. Although the ultimate goal would eventually be a Fire leech wand, or possibly doryanis.
"
Tempada wrote:

replace the incrase duration with warlords mark if needed.
and no, I dont use flasks much as you wont take much dmg unless careless with a boss.
the bleeding however is a key danger tho so staunching flasks :)
"
Nerdicide wrote:

Edit: Also, I should mention that I plan on picking up a saffels frame by the third or fourth day of the league and sticking with it. In your build, is it possible to drop one of the purities, and then stick clarity on mana? Because I feel like one purity isn't worth the 500 health you lose putting clarity on hp. So maybe I'll stick with your build, if it's possible to use saffels and then drop one of the purities.

Edit2: also, i won't be running my heralds with empower, which is why I should be able to fit everything. I will definitely be grabbing inner force. That build i posted had 220% max life. I'll probably drop 6 of the 5% scion health nodes, and get inner force and the 3 witch mana nodes up top. I'll then be adding those health nodes back in as I reach mid 90's levels. Im trying for a top 20 finish, so I should definitely get to at least 95.

Unfortunately I can't drop one purity and run clarity on mana because of how low the mana pool is. Reserving 250+ mana is effectively 41% reservation which is massive. Purities take up 23% each.

Not sure about Saffell's to be honest, (24 * 0.7) * 0.8 = 13% spell block, which is pretty negligible. The 4% max resistances are worth the same as 19% less fire/lightning damage taken with level 18 auras in your setup. If the additional mitigation is worth more to you than a higher leveled AA then that's fine, I would value the mana regen on shield (with ES in your case) more important.

If you can make your arrangement work then that would be excellent. I'd be interested in seeing the outcome.

Also, your 220% life is great but don't let it fool you. The spec is all about layers of mitigation which makes the +/- 5k life after clarity go a lot further than it seems.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Mar 24, 2015, 7:33:42 AM
"
Tempada wrote:

life regen (and possibly 1% elemental leech) makes potion usage rare.

I only ever used potions if I encountered spike damage or predicted corrupting blood/bleed mobs.

250+ life/s regen is almost a permanent life flask.
Does anyone have a list of the gems I should take from quests rewards?

I am not sure on their rarity/price so I am kinda confused when one of my rewards has multiple gems I need listed what their priority should be.
Rolling this Templar for the new 1 month, currently enjoying the build very much!

made this slight tree variant focusing primarily on eva as i have a legacy lightning coil waiting for me in standard league that will be put to good use.

Currently level 29, lightning tendrils out damages incinerate by at least triple. Picked up clarity and herald of ice, need a blood magic gem and reduced mana gems for them badly. I'm curious as to what level you would transition to incinerate? most likely when i get gmp,spell echo and clarity on BM. So sometime in cruel? maybe level 40-50?

Thanks,
Danton
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 25, 2015, 10:05:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info