SlightRedeye - Elemental Incinerate. HC, New league and Self-Found build.

Haven't had a lot of time to play this toon, but so far to 41 it's been very good. Mana and several gems needed so using Tendrils but still a ways to go. Looks like it'll be a decent build.
"
aristona37 wrote:
Made it to level 80 on Torment.

Currently sitting on 5.2k hp, capped resists (PoF, PoL + all the aura nodes are awesome, so easy to cap resists), 4.2k buffed incinerate dps, more than whole screen incinerate length. Not sure how the build works in endgame but yesterday I cleared Olmec's Sanctum pretty easily. The build is both tanky and works well with items under few chaoses.

@SlightRedeye; Do you know what should I upgrade? Also, equipping a SS makes alot of difference in terms of survivality?

I can't figure out what you mean when you ask if an "SS" is worth using. I don't know what that is, either that or my brain melted.

Your gear is good, although I'm not sure how much mana regen you are getting without %regen on both rings. It may have something to do with not having a level 20 Incinerate yet, which costs 25% more mana to cast than a level 17 one. 8 mana @ lvl 17 -> 10 mana @ lvl 20.

Faster Projectiles is fine if that's what you prefer. You sacrifice damage by using the support gem which can be swapped out for Added Cold/Chaos/Empower/whatever. It's not a huge deal anyway.

Later on with this build you can begin dropping reservation nodes that you might have taken earlier on, if you did. Even with the minimum amount of mana reservation nodes you can run Empower + two Heralds and both Purity auras, which is ideal. Geofri's boosts the herald's damage by a lot with the empower setup but costs too much life imo. The damage you will get from level 24 heralds as opposed to level 22 is roughly 350 tooltip dps, or 7k shotgun dps.

A shield is optional, but worth going for when you are able to. You drop about 40% spell damage, cast speed and projectile speed potentially. Instead, you gain roughly 7% block, 90 life and some resistances.

(15% block from dw, 25% from shield not including Acro's 30% less penalty. 10.5% -> 17.5% increase when using a shield)

Mana regen is something to look for here too, and with absolutely ideal gear you can manage upwards of 260 mana/s. Arctic Armour is very difficult to run at a high level in this build normally, but when it is running it scales with the Cloak of Flame and the 81% fire resistance bonuses. A level 15 AA gets bumped by Inner Force and physical defences, so -150 damage taken becomes quite large.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
SlightRedeye wrote:

I can't figure out what you mean when you ask if an "SS" is worth using. I don't know what that is, either that or my brain melted.

Sorry, I meant Spirit Shield.

"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Your gear is good, although I'm not sure how much mana regen you are getting without %regen on both rings. It may have something to do with not having a level 20 Incinerate yet, which costs 25% more mana to cast than a level 17 one. 8 mana @ lvl 17 -> 10 mana @ lvl 20.

120.2 mreg and 169/586 on mana. I can sustain Incinerate for 6 seconds, after 6 seconds I hit like 0,7 per second. Doesn't look like a problem yet since I fill my mana while killing a monster pack and move to the next one. On the bosses I occasionally use a mana potion.

Clarity will also level up. For now mana regen isn't a noticable problem, but for sure some mana regen on my gear would be good. A bit poor for upgrades at the moment.

"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Faster Projectiles is fine if that's what you prefer. You sacrifice damage by using the support gem which can be swapped out for Added Cold/Chaos/Empower/whatever. It's not a huge deal anyway.

Last time I checked Added Cold damage gave me only a small amount of damage increase, like 4100 to 4250. Perhabs it is because my gems aren't maxed level yet. I kinda like the long projectiles for now. :)

"
SlightRedeye wrote:

Later on with this build you can begin dropping reservation nodes that you might have taken earlier on, if you did. Even with the minimum amount of mana reservation nodes you can run Empower + two Heralds and both Purity auras, which is ideal. Geofri's boosts the herald's damage by a lot with the empower setup but costs too much life imo. The damage you will get from level 24 heralds as opposed to level 22 is roughly 350 tooltip dps, or 7k shotgun dps.

Got an empower. Won't be able to make it level 2 I guess. It gained only 10% experience yet in 2 days.

"
SlightRedeye wrote:

A shield is optional, but worth going for when you are able to. You drop about 40% spell damage, cast speed and projectile speed potentially. Instead, you gain roughly 7% block, 90 life and some resistances.
(15% block from dw, 25% from shield not including Acro's 30% less penalty. 10.5% -> 17.5% increase when using a shield)

dw?
IGN: Aristona
Update: Added some in-depth explanation to the guide about Lightning Coil and Celestial Punishment.

"
aristona37 wrote:

"
SlightRedeye wrote:

dw?

Dual Wield. I was talking about the 15% block that Dual Wielding has innately.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 17, 2014, 8:53:07 PM
Wanted to get some thoughts on this tree I made, its a level 100 build so it's not that obtainable but just drop some of the life nodes I took to make it sort of realistic.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFtQx9EH8VIBZvFy8Ziho4Go8i4iLqI_YkqiSwJNgnLyj6Kk0wcTB8MtE1kjbpOkI64T8nQYdCo0PIRUdFnUbXR-JKfUrIS1dLeE2STeNPBFFHUUxTUlb6VylboF5FYqxmnmegaPJsjG6qb55xhXfXfA59W38rgKSCm4LHgwmFbYd2i4yNfY2_kFWS85o7muCbtZ2qogCkOaZXp1WsR7FCtMW18rc-uJPAGsBmwOPC7MM6xp7KStCB1CPVgdWm1orYvd2o4XPjauOf6Nbr7uw47TzwH_Gz8kXzEfba-d356PrS-uv7CfzF_gr-jw==

I think with this I would drop the double purities, run grace, and use a Saffell's Frame to make up the lost max resists. With grace, a jade flask, and Ondar's Guile I'd imagine you could hit a pretty decent dodge chance as well as be basically immune to projectile attacks. +1 cold resist would be good versus Frozen Sky, though it is getting nerfed so maybe it won't do as much damage anymore. Other then that, you get a lot of flask buffs with Profane Chemistry and Herbalism clusters. I ended taking the Mental Rapidity cluster as well, but I don't know if that is efficient or not so that could be redistributed somewhere else.

Reasoning for using Saffell's and taking grace is as follows: with acrobatic's -block chance and the fact that we take no block nodes at all, it's pretty inefficient to use a shield for the purpose of actually blocking attacks, making a "stat-stick" in your offhand seem the best option. However, you also need a way to mitigate physical damage some way on top of dodge, so scaling evasion naturally seems to be the best fit. Easiest way to do that is to run grace, which is buffed up by all our aura scaling nodes, and possibly get some evasion on gear.
Last edited by simpleMystery on Dec 17, 2014, 10:13:24 PM
How do you run high lvl arctic armour on a cloak of flame variation?
"
simpleMystery wrote:
Wanted to get some thoughts on this tree I made, its a level 100 build so it's not that obtainable but just drop some of the life nodes I took to make it sort of realistic.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFtQx9EH8VIBZvFy8Ziho4Go8i4iLqI_YkqiSwJNgnLyj6Kk0wcTB8MtE1kjbpOkI64T8nQYdCo0PIRUdFnUbXR-JKfUrIS1dLeE2STeNPBFFHUUxTUlb6VylboF5FYqxmnmegaPJsjG6qb55xhXfXfA59W38rgKSCm4LHgwmFbYd2i4yNfY2_kFWS85o7muCbtZ2qogCkOaZXp1WsR7FCtMW18rc-uJPAGsBmwOPC7MM6xp7KStCB1CPVgdWm1orYvd2o4XPjauOf6Nbr7uw47TzwH_Gz8kXzEfba-d356PrS-uv7CfzF_gr-jw==

I think with this I would drop the double purities, run grace, and use a Saffell's Frame to make up the lost max resists. With grace, a jade flask, and Ondar's Guile I'd imagine you could hit a pretty decent dodge chance as well as be basically immune to projectile attacks. +1 cold resist would be good versus Frozen Sky, though it is getting nerfed so maybe it won't do as much damage anymore. Other then that, you get a lot of flask buffs with Profane Chemistry and Herbalism clusters. I ended taking the Mental Rapidity cluster as well, but I don't know if that is efficient or not so that could be redistributed somewhere else.

In my opinion, all of those changes sacrifice too much for too little. You are giving up 1/3 of the damage on the tree for 75% or so evasion and ondar's.

If I wanted to obtain evasion and use Saffell's Frame, this is what I would do.

1. Take Revenge of the Hunted. That cluster, for 6 points, offers 20% life and 50% evasion.

2. Drop one Purity Aura. You still have 17% mana unreserved by swapping out a 40% aura for a 60% aura which is Grace. Bear in mind there are three more 4% mana reservation nodes nearby on the tree if you feel like you lack enough casting mana.

3. Remove Hired Killer life nodes and two 4% chaos/life nodes to obtain the points required to pick up these changes. Don't pick up the cast speed opposite the life/regen nodes since this build will struggle to keep up with the mana cost.

Remember that 140k is actually much lower than it could be if I were to take cast speed. What is the point in inflating the dps value if you cannot cast the spell or shock/freeze anything? If I were to take EB, then I would stack cast speed.

4. I would not go Ondar's Guile because the points you spend for it do not match the reward imo. 40% dodge and 5k+ evasion from grace dodges projectiles well as it is and improving this value only detracts from other parts of the build.

The tree for the changes.

I'm not sure what I make of the idea, evasion seems like it doesn't actually accomplish much when you trade-off 17% attack block chance for it. I would take the guaranteed 17% over 5k evasion, honestly.

Saffell's resistance is not necessary either when you already have 46% spell dodge potentially. The fact that you drop a +6% purity aura for 4% to all resistances makes it a less attractive option to me.

Other than that, it's a perfectly fine idea that would be effective as long as you don't sacrifice too much life for it. 5k evasion isn't excellent but it is something.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 17, 2014, 10:29:32 PM
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. The sole reason I'd take cast speed is b/c of Elreon jewelry, it can knock off a pretty decent amount of the mana cost of incinerate, although I'm not sure how it would hold up come late game.
"

I'm wondering that as well. Bought a Cloak of Flame yesterday for this build, and it's working well so far (lvl 50). However, with no mana or regen on Cloak, using Incin, 2 Heralds, 2 auras, and lvl 13 AA as SR mentioned would seem like an extreme mana requirement - even with Inner Force, 4/6 Sovereignty nodes, Charisma, and Quick Recovery. It may work with all of those, I won't know until I can get the points in them and better gear; atm I can only run either 2 Purities or 1 Purity and Clarity, and I'm leveling AA now. Still need Echo before I can run 4L Incin.

Good build so far though, SR.
"
Arthikas wrote:
"

I'm wondering that as well. Bought a Cloak of Flame yesterday for this build, and it's working well so far (lvl 50). However, with no mana or regen on Cloak, using Incin, 2 Heralds, 2 auras, and lvl 13 AA as SR mentioned would seem like an extreme mana requirement - even with Inner Force, 4/6 Sovereignty nodes, Charisma, and Quick Recovery. It may work with all of those, I won't know until I can get the points in them and better gear; atm I can only run either 2 Purities or 1 Purity and Clarity, and I'm leveling AA now. Still need Echo before I can run 4L Incin.

Good build so far though, SR.

I'm glad you took the time to give the build a chance

If I was unclear about Arctic Armour, then sorry. You cannot support it until you get serious mana regen on gear, amulet/rings/wand/shield. Before that is obtained I would not run Arctic Armour since mana regen is such a premium. Casting Incinerate freely is very achievable, but beyond that is when gear gets more important - and that is the point you start using Arctic Armour.

As a guideline, my gear has ~160% regen in standard. With that much regen, I just about manage to run a level 15 Arctic Armour @ 200/s. Once the build is established, Arctic Armour offers so much defence on top of everything else. Getting it running requires an investment in gear, though.

30% regen on your wand+Shield+amulet+rings is not all that expensive since resists are capped without sweating. Master crafting mana regen makes it a lot more straight forward.
Last edited by SlightRedeye on Dec 18, 2014, 5:28:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info